Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I cheated today during post op...

I had my surgery on 8/10. Before that I was strictly 3 slimfasts a day 1 week prior to the surgery. It was hard but I did it. I have been on strictly liquids since my surgery mostly Soups of all sorts w/ no chunks. But today 7 days into my post-op I cheated! I couldn't take it anymore and had to eat/chew on something. So I had half an eggroll and about 3 medium bites of chinese noodles. It all went down ok. No pain. But now I am scared of what I could have done to my body since my surgery was only a week ago.

Has anyone else done this? And if so how did you handle it later? Or am I the only weak one here?

265/255/150:help:

I had my surgery on 8/10. Before that I was strictly 3 slimfasts a day 1 week prior to the surgery. It was hard but I did it. I have been on strictly liquids since my surgery mostly Soups of all sorts w/ no chunks. But today 7 days into my post-op I cheated! I couldn't take it anymore and had to eat/chew on something. So I had half an eggroll and about 3 medium bites of chinese noodles. It all went down ok. No pain. But now I am scared of what I could have done to my body since my surgery was only a week ago.

Has anyone else done this? And if so how did you handle it later? Or am I the only weak one here?

You're the only weak one here! NOT!!! hehe :) Relax...I'm sure you didn't damage your band, but do try to stick with the post-op plan. I know it's hard...down right tortureous! I, and many others, didn't stick to the post op plan 100%, but I did my best and didn't do any damage. However, I did discuss my slips with my surgeon and told him I was concerned about damage. He giggled at me and said "It'll take a lot more than that to cause a slip...just DON'T challange the pouch!"

Hang in there...better days are ahead. This is a BIG adjustment...give yourself time to adjust :Banane20:

Susan you should be OK.. I chewed and spit out tostidos (i know tmi)

that was my only slip and i did make soupy mash potatoes - my my doc gave your creamed soups to eat on the 1st 10 days - then on to puree food 10 days and soft 10 day then regular. Ask your dr if you can have healthy request cream of ck Soup - make with skim milk and add some Protein powder - you will be in heaven and you will be getting in your Protein - tell him all this sweet stuff is just to much - it can't hurt to ask.:) Good Luck...

Goodness gracious. I can't believe you...you are so weak!!!! LOL!!! Just kidding!

I've been there and so have many others. I am about 3 weeks out and I know what you're feeling. I remember the first time I ate s'thing other than my mushies. I was terrified that I ruined my band, was gonna cause a slip, etc...

First, just relax and don't do it again. Right now, you need to focus on healing. Your band is being held in place by sutures right now. Scar tissue needs to form (adhesions) that will hold your band in place for life. Let that tissue form. When we eat things that require us to chew, our stomach begins to churn. This churning won't allow those adhesions to form. If they don't form, this puts you at a risk for a slip in the future.

Soooo...just do your absolute best to stick w/your post-op plan. Think about it...this is a small price to pay for the awesome, healthy future you're going to have!

I know it's hard. Trust me. I know. But you CAN and WILL do it!

I'm going STARK RAVING MAD!!!!!

weak.. lol.. NOT at all!!

i'm going NUTS.. lol.. sob.. lol.. sob... sob.. lol. pull hair... sob..

this is SOOO hard. I cannot STOP thinking ab. food :)

I'm gasy and constipated and ALL i want to do is EAT!!!!!!! and eat!!

so drank a strawberry pineapple drink through the day.. had 2 TBsp ckn Soup and 2 Tbsp sauce from meat chile.. lol... couldnt' handle the sweet anymore!!

I just put up a huge pot of soup. Whole chicken.. and then 2 bottoms.. meat bones w/ meat on it. and onion, potatoes, sweet pot, zuchinni, carrots.. and SALT and will let it cook for MANY hours. it will be thick and Protein rich and it BETTER cure me!!

I"m ready for FOOOOOOOOOOD

I want fooood..

I think that this is gonna be real hard emotionally!!

so don't think ur alone.. you NOT weak .. you just acted 100% NORMAL!!!

it's NOT easy. anyone who says this is easy way out... shoot them!!

i know ur scared ab. band slippage.. just hang tuff. if u didn't vomit then hopefully its still doing well.. lol

g'luck .. i'm here to commmiserate ANY TIME!!!

I'm going STARK RAVING MAD!!!!!

this is SOOO hard. I cannot STOP thinking ab. food :)

I...

I"m ready for FOOOOOOOOOOD

I want fooood..

I think that this is gonna be real hard emotionally!!

so don't think ur alone.. you NOT weak .. you just acted 100% NORMAL!!!

it's NOT easy. anyone who says this is easy way out... shoot them!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I am w/you. I am starving right now. I'm thinking about all kinds of food right now. I can't take this. I want s'thing to eat so freaking bad. I'm thinking Taco Bell is open...hmm...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I am w/you. I am starving right now. I'm thinking about all kinds of food right now. I can't take this. I want s'thing to eat so freaking bad. I'm thinking Taco Bell is open...hmm...

Chim you arent' alone - last night i was full on my dinner - but still wanted to eat - I mean really wanted to keep eating just to taste the food... I ate 2 puddings & 1 fudge cicle - 200 cal so not too bad

I'll let you in on my secret............TOOTSIE POP suckers. Yummy and only about 30 calories if you don't eat the center. Takes a long time to eat...don't bite...and totally gets you past that oral fixation! Sweet tooth will miraculously be satisfied!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

Don't worry, I cheated as well because I needed to bite into something crunchy. I have been told that if you chew it really, really well and you didn't throw-up then it is o.k! I was banded on 6 August and am doing full liquids, with an occasional few bites of regular food (chewed really fine).

I have been o.k.

The first cheat was some mashed potatoes and some shredded chicken. Last night, my husband bought Chinese food for him and the kids and I had a bowl of the wonton Soup broth and a crab rangoon. Not exactly a soft food, but really good. I'm very new at this chat room stuff, hope that I'm doing this right.

I went to a movie today and got a small popcorn. I am 23 days out. Chewed it a whole lot. Ate about half of it , no butter. No problems but it probably was not very smart. But we are human, we will not do this thing perfectly, at least i won`t. Donna

I'm not quite a week out and still on full liquids. My program calls for full liquids for nearly 3 weeks. I am so sick of the sweetness at this point, I'm about to gag. I've never been a fan of "cream" Soups, and I'm really struggling with the overly sweet taste of the yogurt and pudding all the time. I never thought I'd see a time when chicken broth tasted good. Anyone have any ideas for me to beat the sweets? I'm not much of a sweet eater anyway, and this is pretty much putting me into overload.

HELP!

*still smiling tho'*

I Was The Same Way. I Was Banded Jan 2007 And Was Sooooo Hungry About A Week After Surgery And Had To Chew Something. I Soft Scrambled An Egg With cheese And It Was The Best Scrambled Egg I Had Ever Eaten. I Didnt Have Any Problems With Band Slippage. But Hang It There. It Does Get Better. And You Wont Really Feel Any Restriction Till You Get A Fill. And Maybe Not Then Either. I Didnt Feel Any Real Restriction Til My 3rd Fill. And I've Lost 11 Pounds Since My Third Fill. I Had That Fill July 19th. I've Lost A Total Of 33 Pounds Now.

hi everyone i got banded july 30 in mexico and cheat with cheese doodles and party mix. i chew meat and spit it out. this is so hard. my protien drinks, eggs, and tuna is not making me full. i feel like a failure but i am so hungry i have a headache. i have been 25 days without real food and i`m hungry. i only lost 8 pounds but a lot of inches. i probably cant loose weight from snackin i`m drinkin so much Water. but we are all human and i pray to god that my band don`t slip but we are all human.