Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Immersion blender vs bullet

Okay, I need an easier and more convenient option for smoothies than my regular blender. Not sure if I want to go with an immersion blender or a bullet. Anyone care to share their thoughts on pros and cons of each? I'm 6 days post surgery, so it's something I'll be using every day.

Thanks, Christi

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my bullet. It's strong enough that I can add ice cubes or frozen fruit and it pulverizes them. Immersion blenders don't do so well with those things

but an immersion blender is good for pureeing Soups and stuff in a pot. I use one for making one of my favorite pureed cauliflower dishes

Edited by Sophie74656

Immersion blenders are super easy to use and clean, and they are MUCH cheaper than bullet type blenders. On the other hand, they really don't handle ice well, so if that's important to you, go with the bullet. You can get good deals on EBay.

For smoothies, definitely need a NutriBullet (or I think mine is the Ninja something..) I also bought an immersion blender though which was very useful in pureeing some soups....

I have a Nutri Ninja which is great for smoothies and fruit - anything with ice it will turn into a shake like consistency. I also have a top of the line Bamix Immersion blender and I don't think it could do much with ice. Its a brilliant tool but the blades are simply too small to deal with ice very effectively. But it is awesome for Soups and hummus. I'm considering getting a bullet for work smoothies.

I need something quick and easy that I can use to make a homemade V-8 style drink with some added unflavored Protien powder.

I'm clueless as to what I should get.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm going to get both. My mom just drove to Target to get the cheapest immersion blender, and now I'm going to research the Vitamix, Blendtec, and Ninja. Any of those will be a big expense, but I'm worth it. May as well start out with the right tools for success.

I have both the ninja and the bullet and both work well with ice but i just like the bullet better

Glad someone asked this question because ive been looking to get a new blender and couldn't decide

I need something quick and easy that I can use to make a homemade V-8 style drink with some added unflavored Protien powder.

I'm clueless as to what I should get.

Are you going to use raw veg? I love my vitamix. I don't know as I would spend that much just for that purpose but I use it for other things.

I have a Kitchen Aid Diamond Vortex blender and it works great, it is not cheap though around $189. It has an ice setting on it and I also put raw vegis in it no problem, with easy clean up. Was worth the money.

@@Dub That's what I want to do too - I think I'll do better with veggies than fruit or sweet. I'm going to pretend I'm drinking Bloody Mary's!

Virgin marys are among my favorite things ever. They make a spicy v8 that is amazing

I found the Ninja left a lot of small ice chunks in my smoothies. I was never quite happy with the texture. The chunks were small enough to go through a straw, but were still not smooth. Both Blendtec and VitaMix make the ultra-smooth blends you would get in a smoothie shop. Both have their strengths. I personally went with a VitaMix. I use it daily for my son's feeding tube formula.