Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 3 weeks post-op on Wednesday. My scale hasn't budged in a week and a half. In the first week and a half after surgery I lost 13lbs. I have heard of the 3 week stall but this was only after a week and a half. I am following everything I need to. I meet my Protein requirements most days, get all my reccomended Vitamins, plenty of Water, and I'm walking every day. Has this happened to anyone else. I'm feeling very down and wondering if this is going to work for me.

Yes.I am losing very....slowly...and I am at a stall...for 3 weeks...not happy.

It is common to hit stalls along the way. So just keep meeting your daily Fluid, Protein and Vitamin requirements and let the magic happen.

Hi all...I'm struggling to get my Protein in..hate the powders I try doctoring them..ugh..I'm having trouble with getting all my fluids too I'm 3 weeks out now n I'm down 13 pds since surgery..seems to be very slow. I probably need to walk more ..is this normal ? I see ppl dropping a lot in the first few weeks!?. I'm trying to not focus on numbers cause I sure do feel better and I can see and feel weight loss but the motivation of seeing it on the scale would be nice!.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've been at a stall as well, its been 2 weeks and I'm also at 3 weeks post op. Seems to be normal......I was very bothered by it at first but it helps to read that I'm not the only one going through it......now I'm just waiting it out

Mrs. Hollis

Stalls are normal and necessary! We've all worried about them. I had more than average, most likely due to my PCOS, and I was here making similar posts, scared that I would be stuck at whatever weight I was forever. In fact, I have a 2-3 week stall every month, that's just my body's "normal". And yet, here I am less than 9 months later and down 143 pounds since surgery. It all adds up, and worrying about it is just needless and adversely affects your mental and physical health anyway. Just keep up with your Water intake, Protein, and Vitamins, and soon you'll feel silly for ever worrying about this. :)

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. None of us lose at a constant or steady rate. We all experience stalls and slow downs and most of us experience a stall about three weeks after surgery,

Just follow your program. Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed, exercise when cleared and stay off the scale.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I agree with @@Cervidae I too was very discouraged at 2 to 3 weeks when I was stalling. I lost 14 pounds my first 10 days my postop and then it just seem to stay stuck and didn't move but I could feel inches coming off by how my clothes were fitting. Then all of a sudden at the beginning of the fourth week I started losing again I am in my sixth week as of yesterday and I am now down a total of 27 lbs. A huge # compared to some? No but still a victory for me when it used to take me 3 to 4 months to lose that much.

Hang in there were all in this together no one said it would be easy they only said it would be worth it, you've got this

Sent from my KFSAWI using the BariatricPal App

Thank you all so much for the advice and encouragement. I will do my best to give my scale a break.

Stalls are normal and necessary! We've all worried about them. I had more than average, most likely due to my PCOS, and I was here making similar posts, scared that I would be stuck at whatever weight I was forever. In fact, I have a 2-3 week stall every month, that's just my body's "normal". And yet, here I am less than 9 months later and down 143 pounds since surgery. It all adds up, and worrying about it is just needless and adversely affects your mental and physical health anyway. Just keep up with your Water intake, Protein, and Vitamins, and soon you'll feel silly for ever worrying about this. :)

Grateful for your post... I feel like I'm loosing slowly as well and have PCOS as well. Nice to see it will work out in the end!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I am right there with you. Exact amount of time too! What is it with the evil 13 number? ;) My husband did me a huge favor... He hid the scale. It's for the best... I don't have the best relationship with them. The last scale we had wound up in the pool... May it rest in peace. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am right there with you. Exact amount of time too! What is it with the evil 13 number? ;) My husband did me a huge favor... He hid the scale. It's for the best... I don't have the best relationship with them. The last scale we had wound up in the pool... May it rest in peace. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Its more like.... may it rest in pieces lol

Im close to doing the same thing. .. stupid scales!!

I will be 3 weeks post-op on Wednesday. My scale hasn't budged in a week and a half. In the first week and a half after surgery I lost 13lbs. I have heard of the 3 week stall but this was only after a week and a half. I am following everything I need to. I meet my Protein requirements most days, get all my reccomended Vitamins, plenty of Water, and I'm walking every day. Has this happened to anyone else. I'm feeling very down and wondering if this is going to work for me.

When I saw my Dr at two week post op he said I would stall during mushy phase but then lose again. I didn't want to believe him but it's true, not sure why???

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I've been at a stall as well, its been 2 weeks and I'm also at 3 weeks post op. Seems to be normal......I was very bothered by it at first but it helps to read that I'm not the only one going through it......now I'm just waiting it out

Mrs. Hollis

Not alone, me too

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App