Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First appointment April

Hi everyone. I am so excited to find you. My first appointment is April 14th. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Be patient, there are many steps that you must go through prior to surgery. Good luck on beginning the process.

That is great. I have done a couple of steps already as in classes and some meetings. Because I am private pay my dr. Says I can get through faster no insurance hoops t jump through. Let's keep in touch about our journey.

Be patient, there are many steps that you must go through prior to surgery. Good luck on beginning the process.

Thanks James how far are you in the process?

My first appointment is April 13th, pegrae! Last night I attended an info session and immediately said "sign me up!"

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My orientation is on April 18th. I'm in Ontario so it's covered through our health care but the whole process can take about a year. A girl on another board sped up her process a lot by calling the centre for cancellations for every appointment so that's wHat I'm doing. I was able to get my orientation moved up 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery consult is April 5th--I'm so excited I can't stand it!! lol

I saw my PCP on Mar 10th for my referral letter & had him order all of my blood work (the surgeon's packet listed all of it)--the blood work showed low Vitamin D, so I've already started taking that.

My Psych eval is Mar 24 & the surgeon requires attendance at 2 monthly support group meetings before surgery, so I attended one this week. My insurance does not require the 6 mo supervised diet at my BMI (well... I had to "bulk" up & scrunch down for my PCP appointment so my BMI was over 50 to meet that, but it's on record now) so I'm hoping once I meet with the surgeon it can be submitted to the insurance company pretty quickly--but of course everyone does!!

I have a target date of June for my surgery due to work, so I'm really hoping this all works out!!

Good Luck to all of us at our April Appointments!! :)

Hi ladies, I thought I replied to this post but I think it went to cyber space. I am so excited for us. I spent the day looking at Protein options, preop diets, bought a scale, set up a journey book and checked out fitness centers. For the first time in my life 53 years of being overweight I am doing this for me. Having you as support is going to be wonderful. For dazimom my last name is Bourassa so I feel like we are meant to be friends. Let me know how you are doing!

@@pegrae how long approximately until your surgery?

That is great. I have done a couple of steps already as in classes and some meetings. Because I am private pay my dr. Says I can get through faster no insurance hoops t jump through. Let's keep in touch about our journey.

I'm self pay, too. Hope it goes quickly!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

My first appointment with the doc is March 30th (close enough, right??) I would love to be a part of a little group who are all going through this at the same time! ;)

@@pegrae how long approximately until your surgery?

I am hoping to have date in MAY

My first appointment with the doc is March 30th (close enough, right??) I would love to be a part of a little group who are all going through this at the same time! ;)

Wahoo. I will add you to friends list. Tell us more about you. Peggy

@@pegrae Where in Montana do you live??

I worked in GNP for 3 summers, then one winter in Whitefish--love, love, love Montana! I was just talking to friends this weekend that I want to plan a trip to Glacier :)

Well....not sure where to start... I am 55 and have been overweight my entire life. I am married and have two sons 18 and 22. I had looked into surgery 10 or 15 years ago and my husband absolutely forbid it. This was when I think there were a lot more complications and mortality issues. I recently began working with an art therapy group for troubled teens and as we began our work, it became apparent the majority of my "if only" regrets were weight related. After many years of my insurance company denying all wls, they finally added it! I am soooo excited to begin the process!

Edited by pamsmpk