Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So that happened

I quit my job today? Rather sudden and unexpected, so I'll be arriving back in the UK December 24th instead of June next year.

This means I have a chance for my surgery to be done much sooner though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my consultant person will have some dates available in Jan/Feb time (I feel like that would be a busy period, new year new me kind of thing) and I'll be able to get the ball rolling. I hadn't paid my deposit to keep the date yet, so I feel like it should be fine provided they're not fully booked already.

I didn't have to wait too long and I am in England.

Best of luck!!

I'm actually having my surgery in the Czech Republic, so it's just a case of when they've got spaces. Luckily I don't have any hoops to jump through with the NHS or anything!

I hope it wasn't too tough a decision to leave your job. Anything that improves your life in the long run is worth it, however. It shows you are strong and confident, not to mention self-assured. Congratulations, and best wishes!

I left my job because it turned out they had 'edited' dome of the reference letters I sent them to make it look like I had more experience than I did (they needed five years experience to get the visa and I had 4.5). I 9nly just found out and if immigration look in to it and find out its false I get deported and have trouble getting work visas not just in this country, but in any country after. Given that my entire career depends on my ability to work abroad it's pretty serious. I can't risk telling those kinds of (oh so easily disproven) lies and I don't like that they put me in that situation.

The only thing I feel bad about is the fact that I work in a school, and I hate to leave the kids mud year like this. I'll be leaving in three weeks (at the end of this semester)

I left my job because it turned out they had 'edited' some of the reference letters I sent them to make it look like I had more experience than I did (they needed five years experience to get the visa and I had 4.5). I 9nly just found out and if immigration look in to it and find out its false I get deported and have trouble getting work visas not just in this country, but in any country after. Given that my entire career depends on my ability to work abroad it's pretty serious. I can't risk telling those kinds of (oh so easily disproven) lies and I don't like that they put me in that situation.

The only thing I feel bad about is the fact that I work in a school, and I hate to leave the kids mud year like this. I'll be leaving in three weeks (at the end of this semester)

Wow, that is terrible. I can't believe they would put you in that kind of a situation. I hope you document everything so it doesn't come back to bite you later.

There is literally no way for me to document it. The guy who did it (supposedly without school knowledge) changed dates on letters I had provided for them, so if anything it would look like I lied to them. I'm already in my second year so my last KITAS (employment permit) was issued based on the false information. My best bet is to finish up and leave before anyone decided to look to closely.

Probably, nothing would happen. The government is hugely corrupt, some money would disappear into some pockets and that would be that. But I won't take that risk and I can't possibly trust the school now, and they're the ones who have to file everything on my behalf. When they told me they had to 'brief' me for my meeting I was confused, but then it came out that the information they had on me was different. They had told the government I was in China from Aug 2011 to Aug 2013 to round out my experience time to 5 years because their application for my permit was apparently refused the first time (first I'd heard of it), when actually I was there from Feb 2012-October 2013. I flat out refused to go in and lie (seriously, it's so easy to check when I entered/exited a country? THEY HAVE MY PASSPORT RIGHT THERE) and then suddenly I'm told the meeting wouldn't about immigration but a check of our educational backgrounds.

Unfortunately for them that doesn't erase what I now know (and hmmm, the meeting was magically cancelled...). I gave in my notice the next day. The guy who changed it is married to our school director and it seems she didn't know, so I had a panicked phone call from him trying to get me to change my mind (they're both in Jakarta right now), which ended with him saying he had to tell her. I imagine he's in the dog house right now. I sympathize a little with the situation the school is going to find them in now, because they have to get a new English teacher (I'm the department head and we have a terrible time filling positions because the location is utter ****) and they have to do it quickly.

Edited by perforce

You "literally" just documented it (LOL). Now just copy what you just wrote into a document and add names and dates. It may not be a legal document, but it will help jog your memory if you ever have to explain.

You "literally" just documented it (LOL). Now just copy what you just wrote into a document and add names and dates. It may not be a legal document, but it will help jog your memory if you ever have to explain.

LOL, I thought you meant having some kind of formal proof. Like I say, I'm leaving now and I have my old one already, so its too late for that, this just affects my application for a new one (which I now won't need to do because I'm leaving).

I had my surgery in Roeselare in Belgium and can't recommend the whole experience there highly enough. I went through ECFS ( http://www.ecfs.be) and had hardly any time to wait for a surgery date after my original consultation. I was also given several dates to choose from. Four weeks post-op I feel great. The best thing that I have ever done!