Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Aug 12, 2015

Starting weight 348

Pre-Surgery weight 326

Current weight 283

I had wished that I'd have lost more by now, but am being positive. I've lost a lot of weight since I started this venture. I'm healthier. I feel better. I'm just in a bit of a slump and a stall isn't helping. I am not sure if it is time to change anything or if it is due to the fact that I started adding strength training to my routine two weeks ago (thinking might be building muscle).

I hit my Protein , don't miss my vitamins/supplements, and Fluid intake is good. I only eat 3 times a day with an occasional 4th meal, but only hold about 2.5 ounces. I work a hectic, on the move job and make sure that I walk a mile and a half every day after work, no matter what. And, like I said, I started strength training two weeks ago (3 times a week...short sessions to start).

I guess I'm just venting and needing some positive vibes. Hope everyone is doing well!

Nicole

Edited by MaMaCole

Maybe my view is over-simplistic, but as long as we take in less calories than we burn then we'll lose weight.

Do you track your incoming calories ?

Stalls happen. I just had my 6 month follow up, and Doc put me back on 5 days of liquids (pre-op diet). Sucked, but it broke the stall. I realize now why I stalled, and this may not be why anyone else did, but I was eating mindlessly again. I have a big ol' barrel of pretzels in my kitchen and I would eat a few every time I went in there. No telling HOW many simple carbs I was eating. Lesson learned. AGAIN. It is just a tool, and I am still an addict that has to be diligent.

I don't snack. I eat 3 measured meals a day, with an occasional 4th if I'm pulling a super long day. My caloric intake ranges from 500-600 a day. And, the only 'sweet' that I have is an occasional No-sugar added instant Breakfast in skim milk. I don't even eat yogurt because they're too sweet to me anymore. My foods are pretty simple: boiled egg, baked plain chicken, and tuna fish are a majority of what I eat. I have a Protein Powder I mix & sprinkle throughout the day. Other than the instant breakfast my fluids are straight Water only.

Edited by MaMaCole

I have had a few stalls but the scale is moving again! Yay! Read the article "Embrace the stall" it really helps you understand why stalls are part of large weight loss. Hang in there!

I'm down 43 lbs in 10 weeks since having my sleeve. It works stay positive.

You may be one of those people that just drew the short straw and loses a little slower than others.

As of this week, I have lost 91 pounds and I am 14 months out. Doing the math, that equates to an average of a little under 1.5 pounds a week. Actually right in the average weight loss norms of 1-3 pounds a week. But LOW end of average. Okay, I'll just say it. Slow for having WLS. Apparently, I have the metabolism of a koala.

I did everything by the book. When I would stall, I would tweak things a little until the stall broke, whether it was eating more, upping my excersise, eating less, excersising less, eating a few more carbs etc...maybe that helped, maybe it didn't. But I continued to follow plan and the stalls would break and I would continue to lose weight, albeit slowly but steadily.

Just keep at it like I did, and you will get there. Continue to slowly increase calories as the months go by to keep your metabolism going, keep your body moving and follow your plan as closely as you can and you will lose! And try not to get discouraged! It's counter productive to your goals.

I don't snack. I eat 3 measured meals a day, with an occasional 4th if I'm pulling a super long day. My caloric intake ranges from 500-600 a day. And, the only 'sweet' that I have is an occasional No-sugar added instant breakfast in skim milk. I don't even eat yogurt because they're too sweet to me anymore. My foods are pretty simple: boiled egg, baked plain chicken, and tuna fish are a majority of what I eat. I have a Protein powder I mix & sprinkle throughout the day. Other than the instant breakfast my fluids are straight Water only.

Just a thought, but if you are exercising a lot and weight training, you may need more than 500-600 calories. What does your NUT suggest?

That said, stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I see my doc and NUT next week. I'm not in a panic over anything. I think I might need to up calories, but considering the food fight my entire life it feels weird to be on the side of needing to increase calories. LOL