Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today marks 6 months since my revision surgery (4/30/15).

-> I am down 72lbs

-> I am currently losing between 8 and 10lbs a month. I am happy with that!

-> I am still seeing a personal trainer and feel great!

-> food is still not exciting. That is a good thing.

-> My hair started falling out in clumps around 3 months post op. It finally stopped a week or so ago. I am now waiting to see new growth.

-> I went on two vacations and came home lighter from both. That never happened with the band.

-> I started getting frequent heartburn a month ago. This was fixed with OTC 24 hr Nexium.

-> Had trouble with chewable vitamins. I started using Patches from PatchMD. I get my bloodwork done next week so I will see if they are working.

-> Still loving my sleeve. Just wish I did it sooner!

I have attached a picture. First pic is pre band, middle is pre sleeve and last is current. I still have a long way to go but feel like I will finally get there!

post-5173-14462162855148_thumb.jpg

you look great! Is your energy level up?

I was sleeved on 5/6/15 and I am losing about the same amount a month. Not as fast as others but I will take it!

I am hoping the hairloss will slow down - mine started about 2 months ago and I don't want to have to start wearing a bandana!

love my sleeve!

you look great! Is your energy level up?

I was sleeved on 5/6/15 and I am losing about the same amount a month. Not as fast as others but I will take it!

I am hoping the hairloss will slow down - mine started about 2 months ago and I don't want to have to start wearing a bandana!

love my sleeve!

Yes! I have so much more energy now. I love it! Seems like 3 months is the magic number for the hair loss. It felt like it would never stop. I was so happy that it finally did.

You're like one of those little shrinky dinks! They'd start out big and ended up little. Congrats!

post-232245-14462219830607_thumb.jpg

You look great - congrats! Are you not able to swallow pills yet? I was able to after about 3 months. I don't know what I would do if I had to keep on chewing disgusting vitamins!

So happy for you!! I didn't know about the hair loss. Does that happen to everyone? I am going through the testing for the sleeve but I am very nervous about it. Why can't you swallow pills?

So happy for you!! I didn't know about the Hair loss. Does that happen to everyone? I am going through the testing for the sleeve but I am very nervous about it. Why can't you swallow pills?

It seems like it does. My doctor said it was from the shock to my system from surgery and liquid diet. It takes 3 months because of hair cycle. I can swallow pills but not big ones like Vitamins. I can't stomach the chewables. The patch is also easier to remember. I put them on while dressing. Good luck on your journey. I have no regrets except that I wish I did it sooner.

You look great - congrats! Are you not able to swallow pills yet? I was able to after about 3 months. I don't know what I would do if I had to keep on chewing disgusting vitamins!

Thanks! Not big ones. I do take an Iron pill and even that feels big going down. I think I am still pretty tight where my band used to be. I am also bad at remembering to take them. The patch is easier to remember as I get dressed.

Way to go!!!! You have made so much progress and have given me hope that my sleeve will be better than the band. :-)

Congratulations! My surgery was only 2 weeks ago. Your story is great inspiration!

Well I missed the six month update but how about a nine. I was sleeved on 04/08/15 starting weight was 319, at surgery it was 196, now I'm at 201 almost in Wonderland. So excited. You were looking great at the six month mark, congratulations! Where are you now?

@@NewNewMe - how did the Patches work for you?

Well I missed the six month update but how about a nine. I was sleeved on 04/08/15 starting weight was 319, at surgery it was 196, now I'm at 201 almost in Wonderland. So excited. You were looking great at the six month mark, congratulations! Where are you now?

Onderland sounds awesome! Congratulations! I hope I get there too! I have another week until my 9 months. Losing was slow over the holidays. But it was the first time I didn't gain 10 - 15lbs and actually lost some. I hope to be at 90 lbs by my nine month mark. I started a C25K which has ramped up my weight loss again. I now get in around 1100 calories per day and feel great!

@@NewNewMe - how did the Patches work for you?

I am going to get my blood checked next week. I think they are working but want to see what my blood work says.