Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I look older after surgery?

In some of the before and after pictures that I see, the person looks older. I'm 62 and worried about that

I would try not to worry about it. It's not really something you can predict/control. I'm lucky in that I now get mistaken for a student all the time (I'm a hs teacher). I feel like I have more lines around my mouth now, but it doesn't bother me overall. I feel better and look better and feel a sense of accomplishment since I've tackled an almost 200 pound weight loss. I don't have that feeling of hopelessness or overwhelmed feeling that I used to have most of the time when I was so overweight and couldn't ever lose enough or keep it off before surgery.

Boy, I sure don't look older!

I now look hawt (for my age). :)

(Lost 95 pounds; maintaining at 140; 5'5", 69 years old.)

With looser skin post WLS, some people look older. Maybe they now look their age, especially if they were a little older and their tighter skin (due to being obese) made them look a little younger before the surgery?

I'd rather look my age or look a little older than it post WLS and live a long life than someone saying "he looked so young" at my open casket because I died at an earlier age due to an obesity related disease.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

I think people project how they feel, and most people I see after losing weight look so much healthier and happier, therefore looking younger and more vibrant.

Besides, so what if it does make someone look older? Is vanity more important than our health? I'd rather have a few more lines in my face now than be obese and unhealthy. The trade off is worth it for me!

I think people project how they feel, and most people I see after losing weight look so much healthier and happier, therefore looking younger and more vibrant.

Besides, so what if it does make someone look older? Is vanity more important than our health? I'd rather have a few more lines in my face now than be obese and unhealthy. The trade off is worth it for me!

Well said Babbs ! ????????????????????????

I have to admit I had a bit of a freak out moment seeing my face before and after in photos side by side. My health and energy level...TMI acting like a teenager with my husband. Oh yes I am a much younger version of me.