Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must be the luckiest guy alive as it pertains to this surgery. I'm a week out tomorrow.

I'm tolerating soft foods perfectly. I had a scrambled egg with with my Protein Shake this morning. I've had 0 nausea. I had slight pain for 2 days.. I've already been on 3 bike rides over 8 miles each. I feel like a billion dollars. Amazing energy... and I think the sleeve is doing exactly what it should. One egg filled me basically for the day, sipped on all my fluids all day. I literally feel like I had nothing done, except my stomach is smaller. Everything tastes amazing, including my Protein shakes, and Isopure drinks. Don't tell anyone but I even has a sip of my wife's Pino last night. I am on cloud freaking 9.

In fairness I was very fit and active before I injured my back in 2012.

I just wanted to vent positively.

Thanks for reading!!

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Are you allowed soft foods this early? If do, great. If not, I would caution you to not advance your food faster than your surgeon/NUT advises. I was on Clear liquids for week and full liquids for one week. I didn't advance to soft foods until my third week.

Just be sure you follow your program, focus on getting in your Protein and fluids, and walk.

Wow! Congratulations on such success. Please do not over do it, keep to your surgeon's orders both on food and exercise. It takes a while to truly be back to normal. Glad you are having so much fun.

The nut spoke to the surgeon and told me I could move to phase 2.. super soft foods and liquids. The egg was about the consistency of lumpy oatmeal with a tiny amount of pepper and garlic. I have been sticking to it perfectly. And I agree about the exercise. I got yelled at a little by the nurse on the phone about the bike rides. I will reign it in a little and wait until I'm fully healed. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear from others who had a pain free post op experience. I wasn't allowed to advance my food quite as fast, and I certainly didn't try to ride my bike, but I had a similar zero complications post op experience.

While I understand that every experience is different, this does give me a bit a of hope. :) My lap-band recovery was awful. I'm really hoping my sleeve recovery is easier. :)

@@Tyler H

I had a ton of energy post surgery or it seemed like it. I think I was mostly thrilled I wasn't dead or in pain. I pushed, since I rarely take time off work, I pushed myself. I got a mani pedi 2 days after surgery (hey they made me take my polish off for surgery, can't live like that). I went shopping, I walked. I did whatever. I should have rested. It caught up with me in the 2nd week.

Even though you feel great you had major surgery/trauma to you body. Your body needs the energy you are using to bike so it can heal. Let your body heal.

Man, that is awesome.

It sure is mighty refreshing to read posts like yours where you aren't asking when you can have pizza, doughnuts and Twinkies.......

So refreshing to read about you passion for exercise.

There is no doubt that you will kill it !!!!!!!

Keep posting on your progress. Great motivation for the rest of us.

luckiest guy alive as it pertains to this surgery.

hey dude

your happiness/excitement are contagious

glad everything is going well

you are following docs/NUTS directions

drinking well etc

you are aces!!

you said "I got yelled at a little by the nurse on the phone about the bike rides."

I will reign it in a little and wait until I'm fully healed

sounds like a plan

glad you nicely were "told off" about too much exercise, too soon !! LOL

always listen to your medical team (and me too of course) :D

4 years PO, success/ GOAL

I still can't run 8 miles!!! (only in my dreams) LOL

25 lbs pre & post op down

that's great!!!

keep up the good job

i know you will

you are on the road to a healthier, happier, longer life

don't screw it up :D

good luck

kathy

congrats

luckiest guy alive as it pertains to this surgery.

@Tyler H

Dear Luckiest!!! :rolleyes:

your happiness/excitement are contagious

glad everything is going well

you are following docs/NUTS directions

drinking well

you are aces!!

you said "I got yelled at a little by the nurse on the phone about the bike rides."

I will reign it in a little and wait until I'm fully healed

sounds like a plan

glad you nicely were "told off" about too much exercise !! LOL

always listen to your medical team (and me too of course) :D

4 years PO, success, GOAL

I still can't run 8 miles!!! (only in my dreams) LOL

you are on the road to a healthier, happier, longer life

don't screw it up :D

25 lbs pre & post op

that's great!!!

keep up the good job

i know you will

good luck

kathy

congrats

You freaking rock!! Thanks for the kind words and positive energy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hi, Congrats on your speedy recovery. I'm curious what you ate or drank preop. Maybe that is the reason for your painless post op. Would love to know

@@Tyler H - I had the same post-op experience and my first soft food on day 4 was a scrambled egg with cheese - it was divine! I didn't do any bike rides but I was up and moving and I haven't stopped since. I am almost 6 months out and I did abide by the doctors rules about lifting and that was hard for me as we were moving into our new house. I "recovered" post-op in a 25' RV with hubby and 23 y/o son....that was worse than the surgery!!!! we moved about 2 weeks after my surgery :D

@@Tyler H - I had the same post-op experience and my first soft food on day 4 was a scrambled egg with cheese - it was divine! I didn't do any bike rides but I was up and moving and I haven't stopped since. I am almost 6 months out and I did abide by the doctors rules about lifting and that was hard for me as we were moving into our new house. I "recovered" post-op in a 25' RV with hubby and 23 y/o son....that was worse than the surgery!!!! we moved about 2 weeks after my surgery :D

YES!! I was starting to wonder if I was... Wolverine? ????????????

Hi, Congrats on your speedy recovery. I'm curious what you ate or drank preop. Maybe that is the reason for your painless post op. Would love to know

I followed the doctors orders for the most part. Protein shake for bfast and lunch and a reasonable meal for dinner. For dinner I did either chicken or fish with lots of veggies. Also lots of Water for both weeks.

Halfway through I surprised my wife with a trip to Paris... while I was there I did cheat a little and have wine... a lot of wine... and some french bread carbs. But got right back on track. I was 20 pounds lighter in 2 weeks.