Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OBGYN Recomendations

Hey ladies, I'm sure this is a long shot but I'm looking for an OBGYN in the Orlando area that is familiar with WLS. My current doctor does not agree with the surgery and I'm kind of over her negativity. If you’re not from Orlando but have had a similar experience I would love to hear how you handled it, I'm not even sure what questions to ask when I call around. I have PCOS and some fertility issues due to my weight. My insurance should be approving my surgery in November if all goes well and I'm just trying to find the right doctor before I start this journey.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm sorry I can't offer you any suggestions but I just had to say... "doesn't agree with" the surgery? Lol! That's like a doctor "not agreeing with" giving insulin to a type 2 diabetic. Sometimes I'm kind of floored by the opinions of medical "professionals" and how they are allowed to enter the professional medical workplace and should NEVER be there.

Anyway, I have PCOS as well. Super not-fun, I know. :/ I hope you find a good OBGYN! Sorry again that I can't be any help.

Also, just be prepared, there's a chance you might lose a little slower than some people you have encountered here due to your PCOS. I'm 7 weeks post-op on Monday and I've lost 33 pounds. That's still quite normal and a decent amount but some people lose that in like 3 weeks. Losing that quickly does not usually happen for PCOS people, unfortunately, but there are always exceptions! Just be prepared. :)

Good luck!

I used to live in Orlando - what area? I had an AMAZING one over by UCF area. The woman I went was a PA under Dr. Bracero over by UCF, she had gotten the Lap-Band a few years ago, so I know she is well versed in Bariatrics and pregnancy. A lot of women who go there have been referred to surgery through other doctors as well. Check them out.

http://orlandocenterforwomenshealth.com

They have three locations.

I will definitely check them out, I live in windermere but it would be worth the drive if I could find someone who is supportive. My current OBGYN feels as if I eliminate carbs until the day I die and eat only organic my body would regulate my weight on its own. Insane. I need someone new!

I don't have any recommendations, as I'm from Tallahassee. It sucks that your doctor isn't more understanding. My Gyno is the one that recommended I check into WLS! There are understanding and supportive doctors out there. I hope you find one soon.