Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about a month out from RNY and my doctor said to start eating normal food. Is one egg and one sausage patty to much to eat at one sitting??? post-252766-14418148723153_thumb.jpg

Ok then I think I just answered my own question. DON'T do it!!! Ouch! I tried to throw up but it won't work ????

For me it would be, but everyone is different. Also, at the last support group meeting I attended, the nurse mentioned that my surgeons office has decided that they are moving eggs to stage 6. I had one bad experience with scrambled eggs, so I have not tried them again.

That seems like alot. Try half. Have you tried the Turkey sausage patties? They are really good and have more Protein and low calories.

Also, with the sausage patty, look carefully at the amount of fat. High-fat foods seem to not be tolerated as well, especially earlier. As @@Dream4tc says, you might consider Turkey sausage, which might have lower fat content.

poached egg or very soft moist scrambled. the goal is to not be rubbery. I made one over easy once and cooked the white a little too much. I threw it out and started over. It is not worth the tummy ache to save one darn egg. I did wonderful with eggs but I made them very moist. Scrambled eggs I always mixed unsweetened vanilla almond milk to puff them up and keep them moist.

It took a lot of practice but a poached egg is heavenly.

That far out I would only be eating 1 egg and if you can't finish it, that is okay. eat slowly and small bites chewing until you can't chew any more, wait, then try and other bite. as soon as you have a full feeling, stop eating.

Edited by PinkPolkadot619

Just a poached egg without anything else is enough for me.

I didn't try scrambled eggs until week 4. I could barely eat half of it. I can't imagine eating sausage. tooooo greasy.

Yes, too much! I egg with s little cheese is all I could do. Or a bite of sausage and half the egg. Sorry!