Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needing something to control appetite

Hi all. I'm new here but looking for sleeve surgery date in September. Was just told to start my pre op diet. My doctor recommends 2 shakes and 1 small meal. Day 1 yesterday was horrible. Can't drink the shakes due to the taste. So I just stuck with Water all day. Had my 1 meal. By last night I was starving. With my job(I'm a CSR) being grumpy and not feeling good with customers will cause me to get fired. So I am wondering what are some good appetite suppressants that I could try??

Sorry but you have to find some Protein Shakes you can tolerate. It is very important to get Protein in now and even more important after surgery. What have you tried? Premier Protein ready made shakes are good. They are thin and not gritty. You can mix some sugar free flavored syrups with it. There are lots of others. You can search for posts about them. Day 1 thru 3 are the hardest but if you can't find a Protein Drink, I don't see how you will get thru it.

I agree, rather than suppress your appetite you need to get in your Protein. You want to go into surgery as healthy as possible, and starving and medicating yourself will only hurt you.

I tried premier and gagged with it on the chocolate. I don't like anything chocolate strawberry or vanilla flavored. I'm gonna do smoothies instead but know I'm still gonna starve. Maybe this isn't right choice for me because I'm not strong enough to be starving all the time. I will not make myself miserable just to lose weight.

The point of this whole process is not to starve. Post-op, it is a challenge to eat enough.

Don't give up yet. Have you talked with your NUT and/or a therapist?

No. It's been since November last year since I don't all my qualifications. Surgery was put on hold due to financial reasons and restarting approval now. From

The way my doctors nurse talked I wouldn't have to go through any of that again since I already been approved. I do know they recommend Unjury. I may try that.

Hi all. I'm new here but looking for sleeve surgery date in September. Was just told to start my pre op diet. My doctor recommends 2 shakes and 1 small meal. Day 1 yesterday was horrible. Can't drink the shakes due to the taste. So I just stuck with Water all day. Had my 1 meal. By last night I was starving. With my job(I'm a CSR) being grumpy and not feeling good with customers will cause me to get fired. So I am wondering what are some good appetite suppressants that I could try??

I haven't read the other responses I'm sure there are some good ones but first of all, an appetite suppressant might make you not hungry but it won't take away any grumpiness/not feeling good that are caused by not getting enough food/calories/protein.

Second taste is not a reason you CAN'T do something. Throwing up or gagging or nausea or acid stomach might be, but taste is a WON'T not a can't. Sometimes we just have to suffer through what we don't like for a greater good down the road.

Third yes you better find a Protein source you can tolerate because you will need it post op. There are so so so many, keep trying. Took me a long time to find the ones I use. Bought a lot of samples (try Nashua nutrition) and some tubs I returned (Vitamin shoppe is good about those) or gave away or tossed.

I tried premier and gagged with it on the chocolate. I don't like anything chocolate strawberry or vanilla flavored. I'm gonna do smoothies instead but know I'm still gonna starve. Maybe this isn't right choice for me because I'm not strong enough to be starving all the time. I will not make myself miserable just to lose weight.

There are lots of other flavors. Try Syntrax Nectars they are think and fruity, or they have an iced tea one, not like milkshakes. Chike and Click and BSN Syntha 6 make coffee/latte/mochacchino ones. I found a snickerfoodle one I love. Quest makes a great Peanut Butter cookie one. There's a brand that comes in a clear bottle whose name is escaping me now it comes in fruity thin flavors too like grape and alpine punch and green apple, not thick milkshake ones.

Make your own with unflavored Protein powder in a blender with frozen fruit or Greek Yogert, throw in some Torani Syrup.

If you get the Protein in you won't be starving.

Oh and for what it's worth I've never liked the Premier either, even though it's praised all over the board. You have to find what works for you.

There are lots of other flavors. Try Syntrax Nectars they are think and fruity, or they have an iced tea one, not like milkshakes. Chike and Click and BSN Syntha 6 make coffee/latte/mochacchino ones. I found a snickerfoodle one I love. Quest makes a great Peanut Butter cookie one. There's a brand that comes in a clear bottle whose name is escaping me now it comes in fruity thin flavors too like grape and alpine punch and green apple, not thick milkshake ones.

Make your own with unflavored Protein powder in a blender with frozen fruit or Greek Yogert, throw in some Torani Syrup.

Oh and for what it's worth I've never liked the Premier either, even though it's praised all over the board. You have to find what works for you.

I think you are referring to

Isopure.

I wouldn't use fruit pre-op.

I think you are referring to

Isopure.< /p>

I wouldn't use fruit pre-op.

That's the one thanks!

I would check w doc about fruit pre op. I wouldn't try banana or something higher glycemic but a handful of berries has less than 8g carbs which is less than a lot of the Protein shakes out there like Atkins or GNC 25. My doc is fine with that.

IMHO, medication for appetite suppression just screws up the head even more.

there are other flavors of Protein and you could make your own, check into Unjury.< /p>

Have you tried any unflavored Protein powders? Just mix those in some other liquid. Right after surgery Protein Shakes were too sweet so I drank unflavored protein in coconut electrolyte Water.

Syntrax Nectars come in lots of flavors. They blend well with a variety of liquids. Here is a link to the sample pack. And Yeah, fried chicken before surgery...who does that? If you are not going to folllow doctor's orders, why bother with this whole process?

http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/SYNTRAX_NECTAR_PROTEIN_POWDER_SAMPLES_p/nectar-sample.htm