Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh dear God I'm doomed! LOL

So I decided today I was taking my butt and my kids around the entire block on a walk even if it killed me. Well, it nearly did! LOL by the time

I got home I was gasping and wheezing and was very lightheaded so I sat down on the porch to rest. Well, at that exact moment, who calls me? The Psych to set up my psych eval appt. and I'm trying to talk to him and I know I'm sounding like a dumbass but I can't really think straight and I'm gasping still and God, he sounded like he had the rubber stamp for the loonie bin ready with my name on it by the time the call was over. I hope he doesn't hold it against me when we have our appt in 2 wks! Haha it was so bad! Why doesn't anyone ever call me when I'm calm, composed, and not under physical duress!

Lol!! Great story that I can relate to oh so well!! Sure the psych appt will go well!

If I was only to communicate when I was calm, composed, and not under physical duress, I'd never have a conversation again.

Then again my idea of physical duress is putting my shoes on. ????

That is awesome. At least you have a great excuse and a good story to tell when you meet him! Keep it up. Best of luck :)

At the appt. tell him that's EXACTLY why you need this surgery, because you're winded and can't think straight after walking ONE block ! Good for you for trying, and putting your future health in first place ! You've got my vote ! You go girl !!

Part of the psych evaluation is to determine if you have the will to follow the program. The day I decided I wanted the surgery, I went cold turkey on Cokes. I had a 6 Coke a day habit and I knew the program wouldn't allow that. When I met with the psychologist, I told him what I did. He was pleased. The fact that you have begun exercising is a plus. It is a positive step in the right direction. Keep it up.

taking my butt and kids around block on a walk

@@Sajijoma

glad it didn't "kill you"

if it had, i'd be writing to myself :D

walking a block is a good start

next you'll be walking 2, 3 blocks etc

eventually running them too!!

phone ALWAYS rings when your sitting, resting, recuperating

back when, i would "run" for the phone, answer it - i would also be out of breathe :mellow:

mom, or daughter would say"where are you running from"?

would always say something like "i was upstairs, had to run all the way to phone"

truth is i would/could be in next room, just exhausted :o

breathing hard to get to the phone

good luck with surgery

healthy, speedy recovery

kathy

physical duress is putting my shoes on

@@The Candidate

ROFLMAO :D

i'm not laughing at you, well actually.............

i'm laughing with you :D

having problems putting your shoes on??? ;)

those days are gone for me

but i remember them well :wacko:

you are still pre-op

this "physical chore" will be gone for you too :)

really :)

would i lie to you ?? :D

kathy

@@proudgranny Well, on the bright side, that's what slippers were made for. ????

And I absolutely believe you that once I'm a post op this physical chore, and so many others, will be a thing of the past. After all, you are my hero! ????

Next Wednesday, I will be crossing over!

that's what slippers were made for.

post op this physical chore, and so many others, will be a thing of the past.

Next Wednesday, I will be crossing over!

@@The Candidate

thank goodness for slippers :rolleyes:

feeling healthier, able to walk easier :)

great feelings and experiences to come your way :)

look forward to all those wonderful NSV's to come your way

new clothes

not needing those seat belt extenders

not having to sit in handicapped toilet :o ;)

you'll have many more NSV's, things to look forward too :)

excited along with you for your surgery next week :)

you know i wish you the best

speedy healthy recovery :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

Murphy's Law at work again!

Lol!! Great story that I can relate to oh so well!! Sure the psych appt will go well!

Thanks! Hopefully by the time we have our appt in 2wks he'll have forgotten the whole thing! God I hope! hahaha

@@Sajijoma

back when, i would "run" for the phone, answer it - i would also be out of breathe :mellow:

would always say something like "i was upstairs, had to run all the way to phone"

good luck with surgery

healthy, speedy recovery

kathy

>physical duress is putting my shoes on

@@The Candidate

you are still pre-op

kathy

Oh it's definitely open for a good laugh! :) It was hilarious in review kind of like watching a bad comedy. :o

I was pretty upset at how fat I've slipped down, because I used to be able to run the block 5x even at 300lbs and be all cool afterwards and just energized and here I am trudging and gasping like a fish after a fought for walk around once. Oh well though, It's a start! I mean, 2 days ago the farthest I had walked prior to that was to the van at the bottom of the driveway to go grocery shopping or the length of Super Target and back and that was my upper most tolerance, so I AM improving, even if it isn't as much as I'd like.

Candidate, you and I are roughly the same height and starting weight, all, I can tell you is WLS was and still is "best decision ever !" ., Im 4lbs from goal, happy and healthy ! Good luck to you !!!

@@pink dahlia Thank you, and congrats on your success! ????

@@Sajijoma

would always say something like "i was upstairs, had to runall the way to phone"

good luck with surgery

healthy, speedy recovery

kathy

>

>physical duress is putting my shoes on

>
@@The Candidate

you are still pre-op

kathy

Oh it's definitely open for a good laugh! :) It was hilarious in review kind of like watching a bad comedy. :o

I was pretty upset at how fat I've slipped down, because I used to be able to run the block 5x even at 300lbs and be all cool afterwards and just energized and here I am trudging and gasping like a fish after a fought for walk around once. Oh well though, It's a start! I mean, 2 days ago the farthest I had walked prior to that was to the van at the bottom of the driveway to go grocery shopping or the length of Super Target and back and that was my upper most tolerance, so I AM improving, even if it isn't as much as I'd like.

Before I had kids I went to the gym for aerobics 4 plus times a week, jogged the other days, and did belly dancing a few times a week. Since I had kids walking down the street is a major achievement ????. I haven't got strategies for exercising sorted out yet, and I really need to work out what to do. Since I got fat I am very self conscious exercising in public (especially since I had d$ckheads in a car abuse me and laugh at me). I feel kind of embarrassed out walking since that happened. We can't afford for me to go to the gym. I would love to get a treadmill at home to walk on, but we can't afford one and we don't really have the space. I tried home fitness DVDs, but for some reason my kids hate me doing them, and my husband won't look after the kids while I exercise. Also since I broke my kneecap in 2012 aerobics makes the knee really sore. I'm hoping weight loss will help with the joint pain. ????