Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in such pain at the incision site where the stomach was extracted. Everything is fine per my doctor and it is normal. But the pain has been so tough at times i ask myself...what did you do to yourself? But then I remember this is only temporary pain. I'm still happy with my decision for the sleeve...just ready for the soreness to go away. I have yet to have a bm. But its probably because nothing but liquids are going in, so I'm not too worried about that. But please sleevers tell me how long did it take your extraction sight to stop hurting? Oh just for laughs...i had a real food dream and my stomach felt so much better but after i felt bad and was happy that I woke up and it was a dream!

I never had any real pain to speak of at my incision sites but it took about 3-4 weeks for them to heal pretty well. I only elt tender when I stood up or lowered to sit down. It will get better every day. Hang in there!

6 days! You won't even remember it 8 months from now unless someone brings it up.....promise ;)

I could have written this word for word soon after my surgery! Glad to know I'm not alone. My pain lasted 2 weeks but I had lingering soreness when going to stand or sit for another 2 weeks. Now at almost 7 weeks it's just a memory. 100% back to normal!

Are you walking? I had severe pain at the big incision site. I forced myself to start walking longer distances on day 5 and it started to loosen up and the pain started to fade. By day 10 it was completely gone. Walk, walk, walk!!!

It seemed counter intuitive to me as well...but the walk where I first pushed myself was the one that loosened the tightness. It got A LOT better after that. No more trying to figure out the best way to get in and out of bed. I looked pretty funny rolling at certain angles so I would end up in a decent position that didn't hurt!

My hospital sends is home with therapeutic pillows. They want you to keep pressure on the incision sites when moving, sneezing, burping, farting, coughing, or pooping.

I was lucky and pooped two days post-op. It was a struggle. I had to squeeze the pillow against my main incision while bearing down. Kinda felt like I was playing bag pipes on the potty.

I got my sleeve done on Tuesday and everything has gotten easier everyday. I have used no pain meds since the day of surgery.

Water Water water. Protein Protein protein. Walk walk walk.

Ps. There is no such thing as tmi. We're all in this together and bodily functions are now considered pleasant conversation.

Day 5 post op mine don't really hurt but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm in pain Meds!

My sleeve was Monday, Monday I did super, Tuesday was a breeze, Wednesday I worked way too hard on a BM & felt something pull around my incision site on the left & it hurts so bad! Dr says it's probably the 2 stitches they put in & not to worry, haven't been walking like I should bc it hurts, guess I better up the meds & get moving. Thanks for all the posts I realize I'm not alone!