Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sooooo happy! I got a call from the Surgeon's office today and they scheduled me for surgery! We decided on August 10th. I wish it was sooner but I have a vacation planned for the end of July and don't want to be out of the country post-op. Suddenly my stomach is in knots and butterflies. I guess it's a mixture of joy and holy crap! lol Any other August sleevers??

Edited by thingirlinsideme

I started my journey on April 29th. On July 6th my doctor will submit to my insurance for approval. This seems to take forever and a day but finally I am getting close. I am wishing for early August also. Once I get the good news like yourself I will be excited for the day to come. I also will get my vacation in just before I hope. Great to hear you are ready to go!

@@retrieverguy You are getting there. I admit I called my insurance several times just "checking" to see if I had been approved yet. lol You have done great this far...you're almost there! When are you going on vacation? I'm going the end of July to the beginning of August. I'm taking a week to do my pre-op diet/cleans before surgery.

Thingirlinsideme: thank you for the encouragement. Going fishing in the boundary waters of Minnesota last week of July. I am on medicine for an ulcer and need clearance from doing an upper GI on August 5 th. hope to have surgery right after. Maybe August 10 th haha

Scheduled for August 4th. Doctor one on one scheduled July 15th and till waiting to be contacted for any testing. Excited and nervous.

Scheduled for August 3. Excited & nervous. Will be on vacation July 10-19 then 2 week pre-op diet. Haven't told my work yet.

Best of luck to all of you!!

Best of luck to you as well.

Congrats to all of you!!!

I am still going thru all the requirements my insurance wants...ughhhh. I started looking into getting a sleeve last summer. Went to seminar & chickened out. Then my sister tells me she looking into the gastric sleeve & how did I feel about it. I was super supportive & mentioned I had looked into it. Now she is 6 months post op & is doing great! So in January, I chose to start this process. I am scheduled for surgery August 10th if I get approved. My last required visit to my nutritionist is July 15th & by then all my required paperwork should be submitted for approval. Now that it's getting closer. I am getting anxious & worried that I won't get approved. I am trying to stay positive. Please pray for me.

I chickened out in 2014. My brother went through with it and feels great, looks great and no more sleep apnea. This is my year. He and I both have same insurance and similar history so I think I should get approved. I started my journey up again in January and finished everything last week. Just waiting for the "call" now. Can't wait!!

Scheduled for August 21st & I wish it was today

I got the call and surgery date is August 10th. I am excited. They still need to submit for approval. My only concern is the 2 year weight management history - in 2013 my BMI was 38 and this could be my only hold up. But I have faith and know this is going to happen for me. :)

I'm August 18th. So excited. My husband had the surgery 7 months ago and has lost 135 so far. Makes me even more excited to have the surgery.