Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So weak after surgery

I know that my body just went through a major trauma, but I'm so weak I can barely get to the bathroom. No pain at all, no vomiting, all of that is fine. Just ZERO energy. I'm sipping on Water all day, so I'm sure I'm fine there. For the first 2 days I was only allowed Isopure which was so nasty that I've only been able to drink 1/2 a bottle in 2 days. I'm sure that had something to do with it as well. Today is Day 3 and I'm making the same Protein Shakes that I used in the Liver Reduction Diet. They're going down easier....

I just was able to walk the perimeter of my yard. That's it.

Also, I can't feel when it's time to Pee. For example, this morning when I woke up I automatically went to use the bathroom. I didn't have the full bladder feeling, but sat and peed for a really long time. Is that normal? About every hour I just go sit and hope something comes out, because I have no sensations that I need to go!!

I'm about at the same place (surgery 6/22) and am still weak. I am working on getting adequate Fluid intake between my naps!

You probably had a urinary catheter during surgery - catheters can interfere with your ability to feel how full your bladder is after they are removed. Usually doesn't last too long.

Yes, yes, yes. The first week after surgery was exhausting. I had to sit on the bed for 10 minutes after showering and had to sit on a chair to do my makeup and dry my hair. The second week was a little better but I was not able to work a full day and I work from home as a full time teleworker. I was able to work from about 10-4 and then I had to take a nap. Week 3 I was still pretty tired. This is week 4 and I'm STILL feeling it.

My surgeon said the effects of the anesthesia can be felt as long as 3 months after surgery. He said just keep eating the Protein requirements and hydrating and it will get better.

I had a catheter and I had the same thing with peeing. It took about 2 weeks to go away.

I'm about at the same place (surgery 6/22) and am still weak. I am working on getting adequate Fluid intake between my naps!

You probably had a urinary catheter during surgery - catheters can interfere with your ability to feel how full your bladder is after they are removed. Usually doesn't last too long.

I was sleeved 6/22 as well! I'm not feeling too weak but did have major pain on Wednesday which subsided today. I feel good, getting most Protein in, some chicken broth, and Water I am still trying. Walking fine, still sore getting up and down. I get some real hunger pains, do you? I weigh the same as I did day of surgery so I'm guessing I still have a bit of Fluid retention going on, hopefully idk.

I was sleeved 6/22 as well! I'm not feeling too weak but did have major pain on Wednesday which subsided today. I feel good, getting most Protein in, some chicken broth, and Water I am still trying. Walking fine, still sore getting up and down. I get some real hunger pains, do you? I weigh the same as I did day of surgery so I'm guessing I still have a bit of Fluid retention going on, hopefully idk.

I haven't had any pain at all..... Got nauseous last night while brushing my teeth, of all things. Still can't get all my Protein in, nothing tastes good. The chewable B Complex Vitamin that I have to take is horrible......I gained exactly 10 pounds of fluid in the hospital, today is Day 4 and I've lost that 10 pounds plus another one or two..... so it will go away.

Im one week out of surgery and get tired. I find the flinstone Vitamins help a lot, which I started two days after surgery. I allow myself to nap all the time and feel very refreshed, but I try to walk a few times a day. The meds may also cause you to feel tired. Yes I gained 10 pounds pwf Fluid too but have lost it plus 7 pounds

I too was weak for about 6 weeks. But I'm 66, and thought that was it. I got my Water in, and Vitamins (which I hated)...but finally got Women's Ultra Mega soft chew Multivitamin from GNC...mixed berry flavor (tastes a little like a starburst) and Chewy Bite Caramel flavored Calcium Citrate from Bariatric Advantage. Both are sugar free

Sometimes I still feel weak, just rejoined the fitness center to do Water aerobics and weight machines. I hadn't been in 3 months and I could really tell I lost muscle mass. Love the Nustepper which is like a recumbent bike sort of.

The good news is you WILL get stronger...but I wish I would have walked or exercised sooner....oh, except I didn't have the energy. LOL

I remember that week. I was weak but pushed my self anyhow. It was snowing and I went out 4 days after surgery and snowblowed the driveway...what was I thinking? I paid for it later I ended up in the hospital E R 3 times for falling because I couldnt stop I just wanted to lose this weight! I fell and gave myself a concussion one time and fell down the steps another and almost ripped my skin off my muscle on my thigh....Just get your Water in you and your protein! If I would have been more worried about that I would have never fell.... That is your biggest job the first week! I hope you feel better.