Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's like day 22 and the past two days I've been getting this empty hungry sick feeling and i grab milk or Soup and eat too quickly to try and feel better and then I just feel worse. I'm still under 500 calories a day. What if my body is like starving but I don't know because half my stomach is gone and I don't feel hungry?

As long as you are meeting your Protein goals and staying hydrated your body won't starve. I am 38 days out and I do good to get 500-700 calories in a day and I am not hungry and I don't feel bad. Eat on schedule and don't wait to feel hungry, follow the plan given to you. Good luck!

I'm not meeting the goals. If I did I'd be drinking nothing but milk all day. I'm in full liquid phase how did you meet your goals then?. Milk all day?

If you are on full liquids you should be drinking something pretty much all day. On full liquids, I was allowed everything from Clear Liquids plus, Protein Shakes, Soups, yogurt, and cottage cheese. What does you NUT advise?

I don't really talk to her anymore but I know what I'm allowed from the info the doctor gave me.

Edited by TheOnlyDuchess

On my list of things to eat it's milk and broth and full liquids like Tomato Soup. Milk was supposed to be my main Protein choice.

What about Protein supplements/shakes? On full liquids I was allowed those as well as carnation instant no-sugar added. Protein is critical, but unless you supplement milk, it doesn't really have enough protein to be your sole protein source.

Also, why not call your NUT? Since you just had surgery your NUT should be the first person to ask for clarification and tips.

Sorry to keep quizzing you but it helps to have a full picture when answering a question, especially when it's so general. I see on another post that you are eating refried Beans. Those were allowed when I started in the soft foods stage. If you have already progressed to soft foods then milk should definitely not be your sole Protein source.

I suggest you revisit your post-surgery documentation and give your NUT a call.

I'm not meeting the goals. If I did I'd be drinking nothing but milk all day. I'm in full liquid phase how did you meet your goals then?. Milk all day?

@ TheOnlyDuchess wait i don't follow you are almost 22 days post surgery and are still on full liqiuds?? You should be on at least phase two which is pureed/mushies if not very close to soft foods. Are you getting your protiens in that is super important!

On my list of things to eat it's milk and broth and full liquids like Tomato Soup. Milk was supposed to be my main Protein choice.

Also, why not call your NUT? Since you just had surgery your NUT should be the first person to ask for clarification and tips.

THANK YOU! Inner Surfer Girl...something dont sound right about the advise TheOnlyDuchess has been given.

Huh something doesnt sound right about this. Most people postop can't tollerate milk very well and protien comes from many diffrent sources. You can purchase whey protien powder thats tasteless and add it to most anything! You need to seriously check with a NUT!

@ TheOnlyDuchess here maybe this will help During your first four weeks following surgery, you will need to adhere to a diet beginning with liquids only and progressing to soft pureed foods. Higher than average Protein intakes are necessary in the bariatric patient.

There are four major nutrition goals to follow after surgery. They include consuming the right amount of Protein that will help minimize the loss of lean body mass and help healing. Patients should also learn how to eat properly, which will help them with your overall and long term weight loss goals. Weight loss should occur in a safe and healthy way. Next, always consume enough fluids to maintain hydration. Lastly, consume the proper nutrients through Vitamins and mineral supplements throughout the day.

Most patients will take an acid-blocking medication for at least 12 weeks following surgery, which helps reduce the risk of ulcers. A Multivitamin, Calcium citrate tablets, Vitamin B12 and other Vitamins may also be recommended.

Stages of Post-Operative Gastric Sleeve Diet

Phase 1 – Clear Liquid DietPhase 2 – Full Liquids DietPhase 3 – Soft Foods DietPhase 4 – Regular Foods Diet Approved Clear Liquids:

Water

100% Whey Protein Isolite Bullets 25 or 42 gram

Propel

Ice chips

flavored water

broth (Chicken or Beef)

Consommé

Skim milk

sugar-free Jell-O

sugar-free Popsicles

Crystal Light, Sugar-free Tang

Mild tea (no cinnamon), green teas

Low-sugar apple juice or cranberry juice

fruit ices (without chunks of fruit)

Sugar-free Kool-Aid

Phase 2 Diet – Full Liquids Diet – 8 through 21 Days After Gastric Sleeve

Watch our Video on Phase 2.

Watch our Video on Phase 2.

In the second diet phase patients will transition from strictly Clear Liquids to soft foods (phase 3). This stage will focus on consuming more protein while consuming the required 64 daily ounces. In this stage you are focusing on consuming 60 to 70 grams of protein daily.

Ok the refried Beans were a cheat but I was so hungry! I hear what you are all saying and thank you for your feedback. I tried drinking boost yesterday morning instead of milk and it kind of made me feel sick.

Edited by TheOnlyDuchess