Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eight days post surgery!

Hello eveyone on this side of our journey! Well its been eight days since I was sleeved and its the first time I have felt true hunger since my surgery! I am still on a liquid diet but have not been able to tolerate very much besides shakes broth wat er and popsicles! So today I woke up super hungry my stomach was growling so I made myself some oatmeal that I had left over from my preop diet I was barely able to get in about four teaspoons full and i felt some pain and discomfort after words so I decided not to try anything else. When will I be able to eat again without pain?

Be patient, you are still healing...I am almost 5 weeks out and It isn't painful to eat. Sometimes it will also depend on what you are putting in there. Denser foods are harder than less complex ones. It will come!! Good luck!

Thank You so much ShrinkingPeach!!! Yes I have had a very difficult time after surgery just keeping hydrated. I have felt like a newborn at times cause I literally have had to ask my kids to burp me lol! I am having issues with passing gas and burping! I know TMI!! yet these are real issues I am dealing with post op! It truely is a complete rebirth that is a slow learning process! Thanks again for the feed back!

Lyn,

I am also eight days post surgery. I had the audacity to eat a spoonful of mashed potatoes and all I can say it was about three hours ago and I feel like I swallowed the whole family bowl. I mourn food and am in pain over the simple fact that I just want to be able to chew my food. I do not want to get sick and I want to lose weight but my willpower is almost non existent. Thank you for sharing. I no longer feel alone. Have a good night.

Hi @@LynRey70 and @@sferriol! I am also 8 days post surgery. I haven't tried anything thicker than yogurt yet. My Dr's protocol is 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks purees, then on to soft foods. I'm afraid to chance it.

I am also 8 days. My friend and I had the surgery at the same time and she is doing better and tolerating much more than me. I cannot tolerate anything that isn't almost the consistency of Water. I made a very thin Soup and it causes me issues and pressure for hours. I, too, am feeling frustrated and sad. I feel like at this pace I will never chew food or feel normal again. I actually (secretly) get mad at those eating in my house. It's ridiculous. I am not at the point of regretting this, but I am certainly at the point of understanding how some have this feeling. I feel as if there is no end in sight. I didn't realize it would be like this - I'm not sure what I thought.

I've had thinned mash potatoes and all kinds of Soup. I'd love food but I'm losing so I'll take it. Looking forward to puréed foods next week!

Rebecca,

I completely understand. I had my step daughter hide all her goodies in a place where I have no idea where it is. I was going to search. I miss salty and crunchy but you know what we can do this. I falied a little today and yesterday but I know that the way I feel right now is not worth eating.

Dirto Mel.

Lol meant ditto.

You are right and today is a new day. The way I feel when trying to push myself is definitely not worth it and we have to try to remember that in those moments when it's harder to think clearly. I know the other side exists. :) I completely understand how losing weight is motivating, but it is more difficult for me to be motivated by weight lost from a

diet of gatoraid and broth because it feels so unhealthy. I will feel real motivation when I am losing while also getting proper nutrition and am physically able to exercise. Right now it feels like losing because I have the flu. ;)

Good luck today!

I feel ya zonetracy its kinda crazy all the preop jitters and anticiaption seems to have now shifted to post op OMG Im sleeved and I cant undo this and Im hungry and I want take a full bite and savor my foods but oh wait It hurts to swallow!!...I know its a transition that is gonna take some getting used to and definately a mental thing!! Thanks for the reply

@@Rebecca5222 I have to laugh cause I totaly secretly despise my boyfriend and my kids cause the can eat lol and im stuck trying to sip 64oz of dang Water lol omg I have had evil thoughts haha. I have been reading alot about what we are going through right now and if we didnt feel like we do then we would not be normal I suppose it a good thing that we have eachother to support one another and share such a person journey. I am going in today to get my staples removed. Yeah at least I can begin to feel somewhat normal. Awesome that we have same dates and can share with eachother! Talk to you soon ladies????

awe feel better! yeah its a fat girls roller coaster ride!! cant wait to get off!

On a positive note...I made it through yesterday without cheating and without wanting to punch someone and steal their Pasta. Which is what I made for my family. Yup I still have to cook. My hubby is out of town so my little one still needs to eat. One less day! I can't wait for Wednesday when I can eat baby food. ????

On a positive note...I made it through yesterday without cheating and without wanting to punch someone and steal their Pasta. Which is what I made for my family. Yup I still have to cook. My hubby is out of town so my little one still needs to eat. One less day! I can't wait for Wednesday when I can eat baby food. ????

@@sferriol hang in there sis its oneday at a time!!! you got this....me Im like can I just smell it? Lick it? Ahhh hunger hit hard!! Just wait till we have skinny girl problems????