Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today after two years of researching and doing my homework, then several setbacks including no one ever bothered to tell me that even though my insurance would cover most of it, there were certain things that are completely out of pocket, I got my EGD last Monday And my final dietician visit Friday, because yesterday was a holiday I got a call after office hours to tell me my surgery is set for June 10th, I thought that at that point I would begin to worry but it was mostly worry over approval of my FMLA and leave monies, etc. tomorrow I start my diet, my wife who is a great supporter of Amy effort I make to prolong my Heath is taking this pretty hard, I did not expect that, she accepted me as I was 8yrs ago and her love has no limits, but she is worried about the surgery, and confused as to why I am not, I have been ready for this for a long time and I'm not going into it blindly, my expectations are humble, they are to not have so much pain, and to prolong my time with my family, my only indulgence is that when I lose enough I want a kayak, looking at a new chapter in my life and a second chance, here we go.......

Attitude is everything! We've touched on this before. I went into this knowing exactly what to expect and what I wanted, and I KNEW everything would work out, and it did! My husband was worried too. Until I was wheeled from recovery to my room and he saw that I survived the surgery and I was my same ornery self. You can't stop her from worrying, but it only lasts till you wake up on the "losers bench". Take care!

Today after two years of researching and doing my homework, then several setbacks including no one ever bothered to tell me that even though my insurance would cover most of it, there were certain things that are completely out of pocket, I got my EGD last Monday And my final dietician visit Friday, because yesterday was a holiday I got a call after office hours to tell me my surgery is set for June 10th, I thought that at that point I would begin to worry but it was mostly worry over approval of my FMLA and leave monies, etc. tomorrow I start my diet, my wife who is a great supporter of Amy effort I make to prolong my Heath is taking this pretty hard, I did not expect that, she accepted me as I was 8yrs ago and her love has no limits, but she is worried about the surgery, and confused as to why I am not, I have been ready for this for a long time and I'm not going into it blindly, my expectations are humble, they are to not have so much pain, and to prolong my time with my family, my only indulgence is that when I lose enough I want a kayak, looking at a new chapter in my life and a second chance, here we go.......

your story is similar to mine.. Only I forgot to ask for the kayak ( great idea)..

I'm 8 days post op and not regretting the decision. There will be set backs and questions. But your making a decision based on logic and data, this is what you should always fall back on when questions, concerns arise.

Good luck and see you on the other side.

Ps: I want to row a boat in lake Washington (Seattle area). You know those really thin racing rowboats? Can't weight.....

Good Luck, it sounds like you will be fine. I am 8 weeks out and 40 lbs down! I just made reservations for my husband and I to go kayaking next month at the beach! I've been wanting to do this for years. Past years I watched my family paddle around while I sat on the dock. I promised myself I would join them this year and thanks to the sleeve, I AM! No regrets.

Wannabethinsoon and all you other guys have no idea how uplifting your posts are to me, I went from, who do I turn to? To , hey another post! Lol, but seriously u guys are a tight group here and I am so happy I found u all, I will make it a point to keep inspiring even years from now, and the Kayak thingy had been on my mind for atleast 30 + years so it only seems fitting.........

@@laguerr13 There are quite a few bariatric veterans on this site that helped me make my decision, and they give me some great advice when I'm in a panic over something dumb. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't. At first I was hungry all the time. No kidding. I thought maybe the doc took my stomach but left the grehlin hormone behind. lol But once I began soft foods, I filled up really quickly. I have to remind myself to chew the crap out of everything and take my time eating (or it feels stuck in my chest), and I have to remind myself to drink. Drinking seems to be harder for me when I'm at work, but I am going to figure that one out too. If you need anything, as far as advice we all will try to help you out. But I only know from my own experience, and everyone is different, and experiences things differently. So far I am psyched at how great I feel. So...cheers to you, friend!! You will do great!