Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shake recipes

I thought it would be good if we shared Protein shake recipes. That way we could try new things to make Protein shakes taste better.

Apple pie shake

8 oz. Water or unsweetened almond milk 1/2 scoop unflavored Protein powder, 1/2 apple powder from Mott's, 4 tsp of Torani brown sugar cinnamon sugar free Syrup

Key lime pie shake

8 oz Water or unsweetened almond milk or skim milk, 1 tsp of sugar free lime Jello powder, 1/2 scoop unflavored Protein Powder, 3 tsp of lime juice

Orange creamsicle shake

8 oz water or unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 scoop Protein powder, 1 tsp of sugar free orange Jello powder

Peach pie shake

4oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp of sugar free torani peach syrup, 1 tsp sugar free torani brown sugar cinnamon syrup

I struggle to get through a full shake without beginning to feel ill. One thing I have found that helps is to add a bit of peppermint extract. I also want to get as much Protein in one shake as possible, so:

chocolate Peppermint Shake 32 grams protein

8 oz milk (9 grams)

1 scoop unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (Or other Protein powder) (21 grams)

1 packet Diet (NSA) hot cocoa mix (2 grams)

Several drops peppermint extract

I pour this over crushed ice, but it can also be warmed up for a hot cocoa.

Edited by OregonTeacher

I mix EAS vanilla Protein powder (Target) half and half with non-fat powdered milk. I blend it with skim milk and add a couple Tablespoons of no-sugar applesauce. Very refreshing and not too thick. Sometimes throw in a bit of ice into the blender as well.

No, it does not seem to be very sweet to me, but I know what you mean. The fact that it is the dry mix is half powdered milk cuts the sweetness considerably.

Mine is 4oz unsweetened almond milk

chocolate Protein powder

1t Peanut Butter (or PB2)

1/2 banana

6 ice cubes

Run it in the Ninja or blender till smooth.

Yes, my Ninja is loud, but Consumer Reports consistently rates it right at a level with a Vitamix, at the top of the blender heap. I just wrap a towel around mine, and it works very well for me.

I am loud when I workout too! Hahaha

Spinach, half of a banana, 1/4 of avocado, 1/2 cup of carbmaster milk, scoop of vanilla Protein powder

It's so good!!

I use u sweetened almond milk, 1tsp of sugar free pudding mix for flavor, Protein Powder, frozen fruit, and ice...tastes like a milkshake????