Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op: Full Liquids

Hello! My gastric sleeve surgery was on Monday, 3/30/15. And I'm feeling OK. I spent one night in the hospital and was able to come back home the next day. My mom flew in (from Boston) to Colorado to spend the week with me. I cried so hard dropping her off at the airport last night ????. She was so helpful for me. She kept me calm, prayed for me, did my laundry and cleaned my bedroom for my return home. Lol. It was so sweet of her and I truly appreciated her for doing it. I was so cranky and sore post surgery. I don't know what I would have done without her.

So now I'm back on my own, journaling my "food" and Water intake. I definitely must step up my exercise. I'll be back to work next week.

Glad you are feeling okay, it should get better everyday now! Nice that your Mom was there to help you out through those first days!

Glad you are feeling okay, it should get better everyday now! Nice that your Mom was there to help you out through those first days!

Thank you! I am definitely losing the battle with "head hunger." I really want to chew for some odd reason. Any thoughts on how to kill the cravings or at least curb them a bit?

I'm battling the same feelings! I was sleeved 4/2, and I think it's because my fiancé has been eating amazing smelling stuff all day. I keep telling him to go ahead and I'm fine, but today was rougher than any day so far.

I'm battling the same feelings! I was sleeved 4/2, and I think it's because my fiancé has been eating amazing smelling stuff all day. I keep telling him to go ahead and I'm fine, but today was rougher than any day so far.

Maaaaan, head hunger is all too real! I'm glad I'm not alone. Today has been my best day so far. No cravings, but I've definitely under eaten and drank today. Yesterday I had some froyo, sugar and fat free. Very little of course. It seemed to stop my cravings and replace it with those random shooting stomach pains. I accepted the consequence but I'm glad it stopped my cravings. Good luck! If you think of any solutions please let know. I know the cravings will be back! [emoji17]

I had some rice crackers and they help with the chewing craving and it help my angry hungry stomach hope it helps

I had some rice crackers and they help with the chewing craving and it help my angry hungry stomach hope it helps

Thank you! I love rice cakes. I'll have to go pick some up [emoji1]

I would call your nutritionist before getting rice crackers. I was told never to those" maybe you can try sugar free Jello or sf Popsicles ..I even froze a Protein Drink into an ice cream. The head hunger is there but it does get better..hang in there! If I can do this, you can do this. I am 3 1/2 weeks out.