Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello group! Well, I went through the whole process to get surgery, testing, nut, etc...I was scheduled for surgery 9/30/14 but had to cancel, I had so much going on and was tremendously stressed out I knew it wouldn't be right to put my body through surgery. Just through stress alone I ended up losing 20 lbs. I rescheduled surgery for November '14...thinking everything would be better by then & nope! It was worse by then so I ended up not showing up for my surgery. I gave up, didn't call my surgeons office, in Shame and embarrassment. I thought (once again) Id be able to lose weight on my own since the stress gave me a jump start. Well in January things starting improving drastically, I got a new job, I'm stable and my marriage and children isn't struggling anymore. I wasn't even able to buy the shakes or Vitamins I needed for surgery. Things are 90% better right now so I decided to gain enough courage to call my surgeons office back and explain what happened and pray they can forgive me!! They said I wouldn't have to re do any testing or nutrition but I had to meet with my surgeon to explain what happened and the decision is his whether he'd like to go through and schedule me again. I'm so ready now. Since my last scheduled date I've been diagnosed as pre diabetic and also arthritis in my back mostly caused by my weight. I've also gained about 25 lbs since I'm not under stress anymore. So now I'm at my highest I've ever been!!! 312 lbs :-(

I've got to go through with this and I can't let fear stop me this time. I also suffer from anxiety and panic disorder & hospitals are big triggers. So hopefully my surgeon understands what I was going through and is willing to do this so I don't have to start all over again somewhere else....

Please tell me it's worth it and to stop saying "what if..."

it is sooooo worth it!!!follow thru this time,you will not regret it.best thing I ever did was get off the roller coaster diet!

I am kinda going thru the same thing. Waiting on a modular home and living in a 25' RV with my 23 y/o son and husband. Just happened Sunday night and I cant imagine being post-op and doing it in the 200 sq ft area we are in right now. I have completed all of my testing and my paperwork has been submitted to BCBS and I was told it will take about 4 to 6 weeks. Hopefully by then we will be in the new house. I started in Nov 2014 and backed out in Dec because I felt uncomfortable with the nutritionist, psychiatrist & office manager QUESTIONING my choice to go lap-band. I was riding the fence making a decision and went that way to avoid the time-off from work. I have since decided to stick to my original decision of the sleeve but it caused me to move my possible surgery to unfortunately coincide with "camping" while waiting for my modular home to be built.

Perhaps this time you are ready. This is a life changing (for the better) experience. I hope you are able to convince your surgeon of your resolve to follow through.

I originally started this journey a little over 3 yrs ago. I was navigating my way through the insurance maze to have lap band surgery. At the end of my 6 month supervised my diet I decided it wasn't the right time for this. My husband was working overseas and I thought there was a good chance I would be joining him. I was too afraid that I wouldn't get the follow up care I would need. So I changed my mind. My weight didn't increase after that, but it's barely decreased over the next 2 years. Last year I was sitting in my hotel room in Dubai looking out on the Persian Gulf. The rest of my family was at the Water park and I just sat there thinking this sucks!! At that point I decided enough is enough. I'm tired of feeling like crap. It's time now. I have a very good friend that had it done a couple years ago. She's be such a blessing, talking me though everything. Same hospital, same surgeon.

I originally started this journey a little over 3 yrs ago. I was navigating my way through the insurance maze to have lap band surgery. At the end of my 6 month supervised my diet I decided it wasn't the right time for this. My husband was working overseas and I thought there was a good chance I would be joining him. I was too afraid that I wouldn't get the follow up care I would need. So I changed my mind. My weight didn't increase after that, but it's barely decreased over the next 2 years. Last year I was sitting in my hotel room in Dubai looking out on the Persian Gulf. The rest of my family was at the Water park and I just sat there thinking this sucks!! At that point I decided enough is enough. I'm tired of feeling like crap. It's time now. I have a very good friend that had it done a couple years ago. She's be such a blessing, talking me though everything. Same hospital, same surgeon.

Wow congrats on making the decision, it def is help to have friends who've been there. I know a few people who've had my surgeon and all is well and I also know someone else who had complications after her surgery but she had a diff surgeon...so it's helpful for sure having support!! We got this :-)

Perhaps this time you are ready. This is a life changing (for the better) experience. I hope you are able to convince your surgeon of your resolve to follow through.

Me too! I meet with him Monday morning so we will see how it goes :)

This is what I mean!!! My husband has been at his job for more than 7 yrs and I just got news today that he just got laid off. We JUST bought a house and a new car a month ago and now this! Every time I try to get surgery something stressful happens :-( ughhh now I'm back to square one!