Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my 4 week post op appointment today and something's just have been piling up and after just a 1 lb loss in 2 weeks I cried all thru my appointment. Part of it is just the emotional roller coaster this surgery puts you through and then the scale not moving.

Apparently it's normal. My dr is so awesome and took almost an hour with me. She told me to hide my scale, not to look at how many calories I'm burning on the machines at the gym, and to just relax. She said my body is going thru the WTF phase and is holding onto everything i am putting in my body.

I mean I understand that I get it but my only source of support is this forum. My best friend turned her back on me when I was in the hospital- she has her own issues-- my mother has Altheimers....

I return to work next week and looking forward to it.

I try so hard to be positive and hold my head up, but it's all hitting me today. I'm sad and feeling depressed. I've tried reaching out to my sister but she is too busy.

How do you explain or help yourself thru times like this? I just feel so angry... And I never feel like this. Going to the gym didn't help... I took something for my anxiety and it's not working.

I just feel lost. I'm not sure if this relAtes to anybody else? I don't want a therapist bc it's too expensive.

The support group doesn't meet for two more weeks and it's kind of out of my way but I'm willing to make the hike.

Sorry to unload on here... Didnt know where else to go.

It's all normal!! The depression, the wondering if you're doing it right, the weight loss plateaus, all of it. It's a bumpy ride but you need to relax, follow the plan, and enjoy. Easier said than done of course! lol.

Definitely find a support group if you can.

Keep a food journal and log your food, count Protein grams, not calories. And add a Mood section next to your foods. What mood are you in, what are you feeling, that sort of thing.

You will go through down times, you will go through up times, just keep on keeping on (to quote a 1970s phrase! lol).

And exercise! That takes away the blues a bit.

I wish you the best--keep us updated.

S

This IS the place to go. You can also try ObesityHelp.com. Sounds like you have a great Dr.! Love her saying the body is going thru a WTF phase!! Take a nice bubble bath. Give yourself a pedi/mani. Find some positive affirmations and recite one a day. If your Dr. okayed it, try a nice cup of coffee or tea as you relax with some nice music or a comedy on TV. TREAT yourself like a princess to get through this rough patch. You'll probably feel much more positive tomorrow. A month from now you will feel so different! Some of this may also be d/t post anesthetic. It's not abnormal or unusual! Best wishes. Hang in there.

Today was a little better. Still feeling sad.

I went to the gym. I only did 30 minutes. I can't shake this feeling.

Last night I ended up with a Migraine and that certainly didn't help my mood.

I just tell myself that tomorrow will be better.

Thanks guys!!

@@starbuckscoffeegal, I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you. I've been there, and it's no fun at all.

At my 4 week appointment, the nurse practitioner asked me "so how have your emotions been?" I am SO glad she asked, because they'd been all over the place but I wasn't planning to talk about it until she brought it up. I'd been massively up and down and weepy and elated, but mostly down and weepy. She told me that one of the things that fat cells store is estrogen, which is released into your system in great quantities when you lose weight quickly after surgery. This is the explanation for both my menstrual cycle craziness (one period lasted FOUR WEEKS), as well as my emotional roller coaster. It didn't make the feelings go away, but it certainly made me feel less crazy about it.

Here's hoping the coming days are better than the last.

I'm doing better. I really feel like I'm doing something wrong.... I have been at the same weight for over 3 weeks. I cannot lose more than a few ounces.

I write down everything I eat. I'm getting 60-75 grams of Protein 48-60 oz of Water.... I get to the gym every other day. What gives?

I do go back to work on Wednesday so in hoping that might help with getting me more out of my comfort zone.

I do find myself looking or wanting to snack at night. I found a low calorie air pop popcorn, but I think that might be causing me to not lose?

My emotions are better. I've come to the conclusion that it's during PMS that I'm a raging hormonal beast. Identifying that has helped a little but it doesn't help- the rage and anger. But I am able to tell myself that it's just a few days, it will pass and I'll feel normal again.

I guess it doesn't help to also be dealing with my Althziemers mother who has maybe 2 years left. It hit our family kind of fast and we are in the stubborn/aggression phase and its touch and go. Looking at home health and trying to be their for my dad is draining.

My son is so good to me. He understands these moments and really tries to lighten the mood when I tell him I'm emotional and irritated and just need to be alone. He's my lil rock ????!!

Hi hun, I am sorry you are going through this. This is a GREAT community here. The support is incredible!!!!

If you need someone to talk to. Message me and maybe we can support each other.

I am lucky to have a therapist and she helps a lot.

Keep coming here, this really is great support!

I just wish I found it sooner. I found it 2 weeks ago.

Good luck hun,

Kim

Hello 1st of all I love starbucks!!! Im almost 3 years post up. I didn't go threw emotional stage. I went threw the I wanna divorce this man stage lolz... My experience was so different then most. I was slim in 6 months wow! Still losing weight after 2 years until I saw 100lbs... I was like im gonna die lolz.. I gain a little cuz my face was so sucked in lolz... ok enough on that. I think the family issues us getting to you plus your body is holding on to the juicy fats. Back to me marriage counseling,anti depression pills, and lots of counseling. Im good now. No divorce,but my daughter left the house. Ok now gonna be a grandma.... more anti depression pills lmbo better then going nuts.