Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Can't tolarade protein shakes"

I'm 4 weeks post-op I had gone back to the hospital due to my stomach swollen as soon as I drink the Protein Shakes I didn't know it was actually that but know that I try starting it again back again this time I didn't go to the hospital but as soon I drink it I have a really bad headache my stomach feels really weird but now I don't know what to do cuz I really need the Protein shakes any advice on what to take to replace that I'm still in the full liquid diet due to the step back please any advice or suggestions

Isopure. Can get it at a nutrition store. powder or liquid in bottles (the one I use). One bottle is 40 grams Protein (be sure to get the one w/o carbs) and comes in several flavors. I only do grape and orange. To me it tastes better if cold or as a slushy over crushed ice. Try a bottle; I bet you'll love it!

Isopure. Can get it at a nutrition store. powder or liquid in bottles (the one I use). One bottle is 40 grams Protein (be sure to get the one w/o carbs) and comes in several flavors. I only do grape and orange. To me it tastes better if cold or as a slushy over crushed ice. Try a bottle; I bet you'll love it!

thank you I'll go look for it

I had to take chewable tablet to tolerate Protein for the first several months. I couldn't tolerate lactose. I did get past all that. Check your Protein make sure its an isolate. Your body might tolerate it better. Also tolerated Protein2 O I got it at Kroger here in my city. Hope you find something that works for you.

I can't tolerate Protein shakes either. Even before surgery a shake would send me to the bathroom in a hurry. I did drink small amounts at a time in the first 2 weeks post surgery because There was very little I could eat. A couple tablespoons at a time.

Next, I ate hardboiled eggs and tuna mixed with low fat maio mixed to the point of it being a cream.

Now I eat anything protein/vegetable/fruit but chew very well and there is not a thing I can't tolerate. However, I must say it took a while for me to understand I had to take a bite the size of a chickpea and chew very well and then wait at least 30 seconds before taking the next bite. If you do that I am sure you can eat anything. Most people are not patient enough to eat such small bites and spread their meal over 20 to 25 minutes, myself included but I have to. It took a long time (3 months) for my stubborn self to get with the program.

It is also key not to overeat because that's were the nausea and foamies come in. Because going slow allows enough time for your stomach to talk to your brain I get sick less and less. Now it's once every couple weeks and it is always because I ate too fast.

This is very useful information.. i think i am at the point that i cannot tolerate the protien powder drink also.. leaves me with a nauseous feeling .. and my bloated stomach... i need to probably due more Isopure and nectar .. today is 1 month since my surgery... and feeling good but having a tough time with the Protein shakes.. my surgeon's PA told me that i am going to have a bit of a harder time with losing because i am not eating enough.. i like the 30 second rule and think i am going to have my iPhone with timer on when i eat to monitor my eating habit.. really good suggestion.. because i have noticed that my brain is not catching up with my stomach when i am eating and then if i eat too much.. i pay for it later... any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I drink 2 premade Premier Protein drinks a day that I get at Sam's club. Ther is 30 grams of proteinin each 11 oz drink. The chocolate ones taste very similar to Yahoo chocolate drinks. They are a little pricey but since I eat so little I can afford them and they are obviously doing the trick. I am 7 months out and do not like the powder Protein at all. My doc told meat my 6 month check that my protein level was excellent and to keep doing what I am doing, so perhaps you could tolerate them. I drink them slowly, I never just drink anything striaght down.