Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I am 3 days post op from my gastric sleeve and this sucks! That's all I have to say right now and I know it gets better. It is actually getting better everyday but it still sucks.

@@Luvin_Life125 Yes day 3 does! Day 6 for me was like night and day. So give it 3 more days And hopefully you will feel a lot better! Hang in there!

Yes it does! But by day four you may really start to notice improvement. That's when I was able to stop taking the pain pills. Hang in there! And make sure you get your fluids in and take some kind of Fiber to avoid Constipation. That can be a real problem in the first week or two. Good luck!

Day 3 is better than day 2 was and day 1 was better than surgery day. I am feeling better every day, but this has not been a walk in the park. I am keeping my head up and moving forward to get through the worst of it. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! It helps me to know that it will keep getting better from here.

I'm on day #2 and these gas pains are no joke.

Walk off the gas pains. The more you walk, the faster they will go away.

Yeah, it sucks until about three weeks post op. Then, all of a sudden, the fog lifts, the haze clears and your energy comes back. Hang in there! It's not like you have a choice. :D

It sucks that my gas pains are in my diaphragm... So, it hurts to take a breath.

Yes it does.

Embrace the suckage!

When i finally got to real food, i was almost scared to eat. Then, I realized my tastes had changed. It was a sad feeling, to not enjoy food anymore. But, what i always tell people is take advantage of the bad early weeks and months to work on changing your relationship with food. It is temporary.

I am 3 years out, love everything again. I love being trim even more than food so I work pretty hard to maintain my 160# weight loss! It is so worth it.

Yes it does! It sucks big time! And it will for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe more. But I promise, in one month, which will fly by, you will feel so much better. We have all been there. Rest, take pain meds, and sip sip sip! It is going to get so much better.

Cowgirl Jane, great reply and wonderful encouragement!

It also sucks when they're an hour behind on the pain meds and you strain your right side climbing back into bed... Youch!

I am hoping people will have realistic expectations for the first week after surgery. I never thought it would be this tough. Even though I had done so much research and looked forward to surgery I still wondered if I did the right thing. I know in my my heart I am on the right path. I just need to keep chugging along.

I'm Day 9 post-op and still trying to manage the pain in my right side. I've only been taking liquid Tylenol for the pain since the percocet was just too bitter to take crushed up. But man, if I wait too long, the wind gets knocked out of me. Hoping to get thru this hump before the 2 week mark. Didn't think I would take this long to bounce back.

I had my surgery 10/21 and yes the first week sucks especially trying to schedule the pills ,iron,carafate,calcium and B12 . Drinking enough is import so you don't get constipated.Right now I've lost 28# since surgery and getting energy back.

I've stopped my diabetes medicine and need to see Dr to possibly lower other meds .

What I always say is " Without challenges there is no Success!"