Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two week diet for surgery on...

Hello everyone I have to start my two week diet on Wednesday for surgery on November 26th I'm getting very very anxious! I'm on the site everyday 10 times a day lol!! But I just want to know I'm on the right path so I'm going to list what I have so far for my full liquid diet two weeks before and 4 weeks after surgery.. I have muscle milk shakes, Cookies and cream Protein Powder, cream Soups, non fat dry milk, sf pudding, popsicles & light and fit yogurt. I want to know if anyone has any tips or anything.. I'm worried about how much I'm going to be in pain after surgery and how much I'll be able to take in? .. I'm staying at the hospital for 5-6 days because I'm younger and they want to keep a good eye on me.. I have a BMI of 52 and weigh 395 and I'm 6'1 & 17 years old.. Thank you all in advance for the advice (:

From the looks of your list, sounds like you got this! Don't worry too much about the pain, sweetie. They give you good drugs for that :) The most important thing right after surgery is sip sip sip your Water and liquids and get up and WALK as soon as you can (you will probably get really familiar with the halls of the hospital by the time you go home). Believe it or not, walking will make you feel so much better! You will not be able to take in much at first, so I just advise you do the best you can to stay hydrated! Congratulations on your new life and keep us all updated on your progress! You got this!!

Edited by Babbs

From the looks of your list, sounds like you got this! Don't worry too much about the pain, sweetie. They give you good drugs for that :) The most important thing right after surgery is sip sip sip your Water and liquids and get up and WALK as soon as you can (you will probably get really familiar with the halls of the hospital by the time you go home). Believe it or not, walking will make you feel so much better! You will not be able to take in much at first, so I just advise you do the best you can to stay hydrated! Congratulations on your new life and keep us all updated on your progress! You got this!!

Thank you SOOO much I will defiantly keep everyone posted (:

@@natedinsmoor2 Did they give you a list for the full liquid diet? I added thinned cream of wheat to mine because it was in my menu. Everything else is the same as what you already have. Good luck with your surgery!

Grits were allowed on my diet, so I got Great Value butter flavored instant grits and prepared them with fat free chicken broth instead of Water. They were so good! I got sick of cream Soups and all that sweet stuff, so they were like a treat without cheating.

Hello everyone I have to start my two week diet on Wednesday for surgery on November 26th I'm getting very very anxious! I'm on the site everyday 10 times a day lol!! But I just want to know I'm on the right path so I'm going to list what I have so far for my full liquid diet two weeks before and 4 weeks after surgery.. I have muscle milk shakes, Cookies and cream Protein powder, cream Soups, non fat dry milk, sf pudding, popsicles & light and fit yogurt. I want to know if anyone has any tips or anything.. I'm worried about how much I'm going to be in pain after surgery and how much I'll be able to take in? .. I'm staying at the hospital for 5-6 days because I'm younger and they want to keep a good eye on me.. I have a BMI of 52 and weigh 395 and I'm 6'1 & 17 years old.. Thank you all in advance for the advice (:

Congratulations on your sleeve! Pain is different to every person and it is something that no one can determine but you. Remember to be honest with the staff and let them know if you need anything. The meds will be distributed through your IV anyway so you don't have to worry about ingesting them - if you need them when you are home you will have to crush them and mix them with Water (yuck...) You will be surprised at how soon you will be up and walking about and you will do wonderful. You have to remember you are doing this to reset your life and you are blessed to be able to do it so young. I wish you nothing but great success and I am confident that you will be so happy with yourself by the time you get home.

Stay strong and always be safe.

Congratulations on your sleeve! Pain is different to every person and it is something that no one can determine but you. Remember to be honest with the staff and let them know if you need anything. The meds will be distributed through your IV anyway so you don't have to worry about ingesting them - if you need them when you are home you will have to crush them and mix them with Water (yuck...) You will be surprised at how soon you will be up and walking about and you will do wonderful. You have to remember you are doing this to reset your life and you are blessed to be able to do it so young. I wish you nothing but great success and I am confident that you will be so happy with yourself by the time you get home.

Stay strong and always be safe.

Thank you very much that makes me feel a lot better!! Thank you all for your support!!!!

My dear sir - you need to remember that this site is all about support and answers. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed and I may be ignorant to a lot of things, but I can tell you that my own children, who are very much your age, are my life. I am so excited that you are doing this "reset" at your young age because it will set you up with confidence that cannot be matched by anything else.

I can tell you from my own experience that thus far the decision to sleeve was the best one I have made in a long time. I continue to cook for my family and feed them healthier choices every night. I may not be eating what they are, but I am setting them up to be healthier. Tonight they had a Pasta dish and I had zucchini thinly shredded and heated up in chicken broth to make it more mushy. They had a light garlic cheese sauce and I had a tablespoon of ricotta cheese mixed into my zucchini Pasta. My daughter ended up forgoing the pasta and had some of my zucchini - which I couldn't eat all of it anyway :)

I think you are so brave to do this.

I believe in you.

My dear sir - you need to remember that this site is all about support and answers. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed and I may be ignorant to a lot of things, but I can tell you that my own children, who are very much your age, are my life. I am so excited that you are doing this "reset" at your young age because it will set you up with confidence that cannot be matched by anything else.

I can tell you from my own experience that thus far the decision to sleeve was the best one I have made in a long time. I continue to cook for my family and feed them healthier choices every night. I may not be eating what they are, but I am setting them up to be healthier. Tonight they had a Pasta dish and I had zucchini thinly shredded and heated up in chicken broth to make it more mushy. They had a light garlic cheese sauce and I had a tablespoon of ricotta cheese mixed into my zucchini Pasta. My daughter ended up forgoing the pasta and had some of my zucchini - which I couldn't eat all of it anyway :)

I think you are so brave to do this.

I believe in you.

Thank you SO so much!!!

Good luck Nate you are so lucky to be able to do this at a young age I know u will make the best of it u have such a long life in front of u to get this under control and not have serious problems at or before middle age that may seem a long ways off to u however take my word for it time really does fly especially after age 21 lol u won't regret being happy healthy active social mobile u will gain so many benefits best if luck to u and I hope u have a smooth recovery keep us posted on how your doing post op ok