Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good bye to fast food

Is it weird that as I stopped to get fast food for dinner tonight, that I literally had a conversation with the bag of food? I lett it know that our relationship was an unhealthy one and that this was the last time we would be doing our thing together. Luckily the bag didn't have much to say in return, lol. I'm going to take its silence as a mutual parting of ways.

Lol too funny but honest and true congrats on your choice on being healthy.

Welcome to the Loser Bench. :-) After my surgery, I never had another craving for any fast food. Not that I haven't eaten fast food since, but it no longer has the same satisfaction it used to provide. I used to have these overwhelming cravings for certain burgers, fries or Desserts. They all went away. When I realized that, I got the same feeling I did as a kid, when you're let out of school for the Summer. :-)

post-147109-0-11533700-1407802177_thumb.jpg

Is it weird that as I stopped to get fast food for dinner tonight, that I literally had a conversation with the bag of food? I lett it know that our relationship was an unhealthy one and that this was the last time we would be doing our thing together. Luckily the bag didn't have much to say in return, lol. I'm going to take its silence as a mutual parting of ways.

I did this with quite a few foods. French fries, chocolate ice cream cone, Publix ultimate sub, Publix chicken tenders and pizza. We had to break up. I'm glad I really love salads because that's what I've been eating every night on this pre-op diet!

NOPE! I heard one person refer to them as "food funerals" and I thought that was brilliant. Lol!

I feel like I do that with a lot of foods also! I don't have a surgery date but every time I eat something I think this could be the last time I eat this. I love the food funeral lol sounds about right :)

I've been having a food funeral for the past two days. LOL Starting my pre-op diet on Wednesday so I might as well enjoy a couple days of my favorite things before I say goodbye for good!

I didn't have a conversation with my departure food but we did have a good time. I had banana pudding and overdosed on Little Debbies swiss roles. I like the fact that you were up front and honest with the fast food. I just did not have the right words to say, lol.