Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Live Without It...

Is there a product you absolutely LOVE? How about sharing it with the rest of us? Not necessarily food or food related, but that's fine too.

On the other hand, have you considered investing in a pricey gadget but just can't make up your mind to part with the money? Ask LBT members for their experiences. Did it live up to its promise? Was it worth the money? Inquiring (and cheap) minds want to know!

Here's a little list to get you started....

GREAT DISCOVERIES:

Kozy Shack SF Tapioca pudding cups - 90 calories (sweetened with Splenda) that taste like 190.

Reddi Wip FF real dairy whipped topping - 5 calories per serving and so much tastier than Cool Whip

Adidas Body Wash for Women - smells CLEAN (not flowery) and rinses off easily

Any resale shop - bargains you won't believe, especially when you are changing sizes on a regular basis

chicken broth - use it when you make mashed potatoes (instead of butter or margarine), and as the base for your homemade chili, chunky soups/stews, etc

Yogurt covered Cheerios - a tasty little snack, right out of the box

Now for a question....

Has anyone bought one of those expensive Barista espresso machines like they sell at Starbucks? I am so tempted, but it's a lot of money. Do you use yours regularly, or is it too much hassle?

What a great thread, Carlene! My #1 "can't-live-without-it" product is Diet Snapple Iced Tea (any flavor). It is the only, and I truly mean ONLY, diet beverage that I can tolerate. It also satisfies my sweet tooth. Most days, I drink three 16 oz. bottles. My #2 "can't-live-without-it" product is Lactaid Milk. Without it, I'd never be able to enjoy a bowl of Cereal.

For household products, I'd have to say that I can't do without my Chore Boy Golden Fleece in the kitchen. They are these thick terry cloth cleaning pads that work on everything. Sponges, even the ones with the nylon scrubby side, don't work on most baked-on messes and steel wool is too scratchy for most surfaces. Golden Fleece is perfect. Swiffer would be the #2 household product that you'd have to pry from cold, dead body before I'd give it up. Oh, clumping cat litter, too! With 5 litter boxes, my life would be miserable without clumping cat litter.

My #1 personal care product is Rogaine. I'd be bald without it. And my #2 personal care product is my Chi straightening Iron. I have curly, frizzy hair and you know what the hot, humid Houston weather does to hair like that. My Chi Iron gives me smooth, straight hair that lasts all day.

Redken hair products (particularly CAT) and my bio ionic iSmooth straightener.

acrylic nails. I've tried and tried to give them up, I'd much rather have healthy looking real nails than fake ones. But I cant even function without them, I cant stand the feeling of my nails breaking or peeling all the time, they always feel like they've just been cut and I hate that feeling. My hands are just much more "comfortable" with acrylic nails on, I can put them in Water, not worry about them etc.

food - turkey pepperoni. I microwave it on paper towels until the grease cooks out, then blot to ensure they're as dry as they're going to get. They're nice and very crunch. I don't like chips, and try to avoid other crunhy foods, so these satisfy my cravings and they're perfect scoops for cottage cheese or garden vegetable cream cheese. Very low in fat and calories, and very high in Protein.

Domestic - aside from the obvious (lightbulbs, toilet, etc.) - I have a few of them. More to come later with a little more thought, I'm sure.

• TIVO. It's so nice to watch something hen I have the time, without commercials, and to record it in advance using the digital guide. I'd still be here without it, but it makes life that much more convenient.
  • Magic Bullet. I use it every day.
  • Stretchflex...Strongflex... forget their name, but the stretchy trashbags that don't rip.
  • My Sonicare toothbrush

I would have to say my item I can't live without is Bath and Body Works products, the peony line or moonlit path line of scents.

My #1 would be my computer! There are several other things I would really hate to give up----the crushed ice out the door of my fridge---like Betty, my microwave (!)how would I make popcorn? ?---so, oh yeah microwave popcorn!! My cell phone---remote controls---push button car lock---programmable coffee maker---Wow is there a theme here??? LAZY!!!!!!

Ok in the not so lazy zone---at this point my favorite thing is the squeeze chute----it is branding time! That chute makes life so much simpler!!!

Product wise, I love my Olay Body Ribbons bath wash (or some similar name), my Ciara cologne, Moondance Body Butter Cream by Willow Wicks (it is a perfect massage lotion--light scent, very rich, long lasting oil content for massage), and our Queen Anne Down pillows.

Sorry Carlene---I know nothing about espresso machines. I have DD who worked at Starbucks while attending college---I can ask her if they had any issues with them she knows about---if there were lots of returns, or anything.

Now....how about those "instant" Pasta cookers---my oldest DD wants one. The kind you pour boiling Water in, and it just sits and cooks. You know.....AS SEEN ON TV!!!!

Kat

Has anyone bought one of those expensive Barista espresso machines like they sell at Starbucks? I am so tempted, but it's a lot of money. Do you use yours regularly, or is it too much hassle?

My husband and I bought and tried one of those Senseo brand machines to make cappucino. We didnt like it.

just like Kat I would hate to live without my computer

and when it comes to food strangely enough the only thing that I HAD to HIDE in the back of the fridge during my liquid time of all things it's actually a "good food" and I eat a lot of it now (darn this needs some editing LOL ) anyway here it is .....Don't gag anyone....

COTTAGE cheese :rolleyes::D :D

100g = 90 Cals

Just because I can't find the ZERO percent fat CC here!

Good food. Good Protein and an absolute MUST after a night at chess or bridge and way too much coffee! :thumbs_up:

These are my most recent and revolutionary finds! :rolleyes:

Batherapy...the regular or the lavender....so nice after gardening

Novafoam mattress topper! Recently I was out of town and went and got a twin for the motel bed. It worked well for my son's bed but next time I go I'm taking it! I just got a CHOICES pillow which is memory foam on one side and puff on the other. Love it!

Body butter. Any kind. I have something from Walmart that is grape seed. My feet thank me every time I use it.

Those little crank things you put on wine bottles. They are made by Zyliss. I can put those babies on and lay a wine bottle on it's side in the fridge.

Chucker ball thrower for my dog. Avoid the slobber!

NothinZ clogs. I finally caved for a Croc knock-off.

Oh yes...Starbucks. I have had my Barista for going on 10 years now. No problems except when the portafilter basket ended up in the disposal but I got a replacement and an extra. You can probably find a used Barista to try out....try ebay.

My #1 couldn't live without- Robot-Hazel...(I named her that)She vacuums the floors and carpets...what a great deal of help she is to me...

My# 2- cell phone

My# 3- Microwave and Ice tea maker..

Di/Texas

Now....how about those "instant" Pasta cookers---my oldest DD wants one. The kind you pour boiling Water in, and it just sits and cooks. You know.....AS SEEN ON TV!!!!

Kat

I read a review somewhere (Consumer's Digest?) about "As Seen on TV" products and the Pasta "cooker" was rated very low. The pasta came out under-cooked.

The number one products were the Magic Bullet and Ronco's rotisserie. Those both got high marks.

My #1 couldn't live without- Robot-Hazel...(I named her that)She vacuums the floors and carpets...what a great deal of help she is to me...

Here is a pic of my robotic floor cleaner. Works equally well on tile, wood, or carpet. Energy efficient, too.

post-204296-13813134897778_thumb.jpg