Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I hate about being fat list

This is just a handful of what I hate about being fat my entire life. I'm hoping to use it for motivation. If anyone else had anything to add or wants to vent themselves I'd love to lend an ear...or in this case a pair of eyes. :)

1. My huge stomach and it's droopiness

2. My huge arms and their flappines

3. My huge lumpy legs

4. My double chin

5. My big feet

6. No energy

7. Out of breath doing simple tasks

8. Not being able to keep up with my friends

9. Waddling as I walk

10. My feet hurting if I walk too much

11. Back pain

12. Not being able to cross my legs like a lady 13. My bf not being able to pick me up

14. Being the fat one in the room

15. Having people hang out with me because it makes them feel better about themselves

16. Children and handicapped people asking if I'm pregnant

17. Not being able to fit in rides

18. Worrying if I can latch the seat belt

19. Wearing size 2x-4x clothes

20. Having my belly hit things when I walk or "squeeze" by things

21. Squeezing into theater seats

22. Having to call shot gun because I can't sit in the back of a car with 3 people

23. Always feeling unhygienic

24. Always getting the front of my shirt wet or dirty from my stomach hitting the counters

25. Always being self conscious of how much I eat in front of others.

26. Always pulling my shirt down and my pants up

27. Not feeling sexy

28. Worrying about not being able to have kids 29. Depression

30. Getting off of the floor

31. Not being able to do sit-ups, pull-ups or push-ups

32. Relying on food for comfort

33. Asking people to get things for me because it's too hard to get off the couch

34. Always worrying if my pants will fit today

35. Folding my clothes and seeing how incredibly big my pants and shirts are compared to my friends or bf

36. Not being very affectionate with my bf in public because I'm embarrassed for him to be with me

37. Having boxes of clothes that no longer fit

38. Not bring able to go to a "normal" store because they have nothing bigger than a size large

39. Shopping and dressing my friends in clothes that I want to be able to wear

40. Always worrying how "fat" I look if I do something. Ex. Working out.

41. Worrying about "squishing" someone

42. Always worrying what other people think

Airplane seats. That was the most embarrassing part for me.

However, it is important to make sure you love yourself for who you are and not how much you weigh. I know there are a lot of annoyances that come with being bigger (2x-3x here) but honestly, I love me for me. Be confident because of the person you are!

Okay, now that you know for sure what you hate about being fat, you should make a list of what you love about yourself or what you will love to be doing when you get healthy. There is never a time when negative self talk is good for us. I am still working on this myself LOL

Two that stood out for me:

1. fear of driving due to being short and having to pull the seat close to the steering wheel so I can reach the gas and brake pedal. What ended up happening is my stomach would get in the way of the steering wheel and I was afraid I would cause a car accident because of it.

2. Not getting a good nights sleep due to mid to low back pain that would become so severe after being in bed for only 5 hours of sleep. I never got more than 5 to 6 hours of sleep at a time because the pain was so bad I had to get up.

Now I can drive and my stomach doesn't touch the steering wheel at all and I can get a good nights sleep and wake feeling refreshed, ready to tackle the day. No more waking up due to back pain!! :)

Okay, now that you know for sure what you hate about being fat, you should make a list of what you love about yourself or what you will love to be doing when you get healthy. There is never a time when negative self talk is good for us. I am still working on this myself LOL

I totally agree. I have been working on that a lot lately. I just wanted to make that list first to help motivate me to look at the good now and when more good arises. :)

I think your list covered about all my reasons for having WLS (except the boyfriend stuff, I could never get anyone to look past the fat). Fast forward 9 months...I love the freedom from fear that WLS has given me (not to mention...shopping for a new wardrobe). I feel better about myself and I am comfortable in my skin...(and there is plenty of skin ;) ). WLS was one of the best decisions I have made in my life! :D

ohhhh you have inspired me to make a new bucket list :) i can't wait for new clothes, movie seat and tieing my shoes

Living in Orlando and going to theme parks as the bag holder for fear of not fitting on rides and embarrassing myself and friends. I do at least 3 hours of research to see if rides at the various parks could accommodate me.