Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

becoming increasingly frustrated

Hello again all. I have been extremely frustrated with my weight loss. I had my surgery on Feb 5 2014 so I am a little over 2 months po. The first month from the time the Dr recorded my weight until he seen me 1 month po I dropped 34 lbs. I was ecstatic. When I went in for my 2 month check I only lost 7 lbs taking me down to 226. That was on April 7. Since then I have dropped 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I work out at least 5 days a week doing 45 mins on my elliptical and then lifting 10 lb weights on top of it to get my arms in shape hoping some of the skin will stretch back. I eat healthy getting 60 grams of Protein daily and plenty of Water though sometimes I may be a few grams short on my protein and a little short on fluids. Why am I not losing more weight then I am? It just doesn't make sense to me. My Dr was upset with my at my last visit for not dropping enough weight. I see so many people hitting the 100lb mark before a year and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I plan to start tomorrow walking 4 miles a day like I was before I got the elliptical a couple weeks ago on top of everything else I'm doing. Can someone please help me or guide me so I can increase my weight loss?

So you're upset about "only" losing 50 pounds in 2 months?!? Unfortunately I can't give you any suggestions, because I don't see the problem. You should be happy and proud of your success. And your doctor should go pound sand.

I thought I was doing well until I seen the Dr he said otherwise.

I thought I was doing well until I seen the Dr he said otherwise.

I'm no doctor, but I think you're doing great. It's not always about the scale. Sounds like you are developing great, healthy workout habits and perhaps building muscle, which weighs a lot more than the fat that you are losing. Are you dropping clothes sizes? I lost a whole pant size during a month long weight stall at 6-10 weeks out, so obviously something was happening.

Yes I have I'm down a couple pant sizes from where I started. None of my clothes fit anymore. Thanks for your encouraging words. They have certainly helped me feel better about my progress so far.

lol, if I had lost 50 lbs in 2 months I would have been doing cartwheels. I lost 30 lbs in the first two months and my surgeon's team was thrilled and told me I was doing great. Your doctor sounds like a jackdonkey who needs to keep himself in the operating theater and away from assessing weight loss progress once he puts the surgical tools down (I am sure he is a great surgeon, no offense).

I had my surgery march 13 and i am down 35 pounds i dont feel like i am loosing enough either i am have been so discouraged :(

My surgery was on March 13 also. I hit 35 lbs today and felt really good about it. I agree that your Dr was on the wrong track. If you lose a huge amount in one month, it stands to reason that you will have a slow on. I think it's all relative...

The reason for the surgery is to loose weight and u are.... Be proud.... Your doing great.....

I encourage you (and everyone on this journey) to take measurements every month so when the scale isn't where you (or the Dr) thinks it should be - the tape measure usually is reason to Celebrate.

Your 50lbs is truly amazing. I congratulate you on your success and kudos on your workouts!

Thanks for your encouragement everyone it truly helps a lot. I will continue what I'm doing and just hope that I do t catch grief from my Dr. I have taken measurements the last couple weeks and I do see it dropping. Hoping it continues.

50 pounds in 2 months sounds like you stand to lose 100 pounds in 5 months that is absolutely great. Keep weighing your food, make sure you drink plenty of Water, and def watch the Protein intake. You are doing great congrats

Wish I was doing as bad as you :) I've lost 23 and work out daily, get in 80 grams of Protein and all my Water.

took me 4 months to lose 50 pounds.

however, you might want to decrease your working out a bit, you may be putting your body in starvation mode with so much working out. either increase fat and calories or decrease exercise and see what happens. experiment with it and see what happens.

I have been a slow loser too. I thought about the numbers on the scale being low but in my closet things are great. I was 220 on surgery date 1/22 and today am 202. I lost fifteen pounds in the pre-op diet. I am happy. When I saw my surgeon a few weeks ago he was clearly disappointed in the low number and asked me if I eat sugar. I was like no. It bothered me some. But I noticed that if I stress out about it I could fall into old habits when I'm feeling defeated. I feel good now and I'm happy with the sleeve. He can't change that. He's a great surgeon. I know he'll be there if I need any medical help in the future. Every day I wake up and feel free. Free from a bad relationship with food. A coworker I haven't seen in a while said I looked 20 years younger the other day. I'll take it. It's been a lot of work.