Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I need to vent tonight. I am really frustrated. I am on work trip in the "big easy" and realizing that I am not where I need to be yet emotionally. Last night cocktail party I was ok sipping my Water while everyone enjoyed passed food and an open bar. Today was a whole new story. I started taking my Vitamins which led to vomiting before Breakfast I was able to eat avfew bites of eggs. lunch was provided and I again could barely find anything I could eat so I opted for the deli meat and cheese that I took out of a sandwich. Tonight another cocktail party before dinner but I couldn't walk around with my water because we would be eating soon. Then went to dinner at Nola where the cocktails continued to fllow. I thought I had prepared by looking ahead at the menu but then realized they had a special menu prepared for us. I finally was able to pick at my plate however the waiters kept asking what was wrong. then after dinner we went out to s bar where once again i cant drink even water because i just ate. I feel so left out in these social situations and feel like everyone thinks something is wrong with me. I am so happy I go home tomorrow night. Sorry to sound like a baby but tonight I just feel like I will never be normal again.

I don't know how far out you are. I had the same thing when I started traveling for work about 5 weeks after surgery. Please know the best is yet to come. The reward is feeling so good about how you feel and look. Most people are more concerned with themselves then you. I know it's sad to be different, but you will be very different very fast and I find most people are very compassionate about my eating when they realize the lengths I've gone to to cure obesity.

You have my sympathy. Sending hugs! It is a pain, I agree. It does get better with practice.

Not to discourage you from following your doctor's orders, but some studies shows that drinking before eating isn't so bad, not like drinking with or right after eating, which have very specific concerns for sleevers. Again, I don't want to encourage not following your plan, but i drink up to about 5 or 10 minutes before a meal . You might ask your doctor if this is something you could try. Just being able to walk around with a glass of Water with lemon in it would help at those cocktail parties.

Thanks so much for all the support. I am 5 weeks out and things will get easier in the future. Just need to keep focused on the positive!

CONGRATS on the surgery!, i havent had mine yet but its ok to vent its ok to scream- its a huge thing to go through and now you are on your way to being so healthy !

i have my date april 21. ive been dealing with insurance for about 8 months then i just got approval date. i posted a new thread 23 and about to have my sleeve surgery in 2 weeks help. if anyone could check it out and help me i would be so grateful!!

I would say eat something before you go that you can tolerate (or a shake), and so early out from surgery just mention you are not feeling like eating (if it is a sit-down dinner) or move the food on the plate. You can steer clear of the food at a cocktail party and the lemon Water sounds good. Better to avoid the food than to vomit from eating something you shouldn't. This is a lifestyle we have chosen, and we have to adjust. Just remember, you are now eating to live, not living to eat, and there will be many new scenarios in your life. That traveling and socializing has to be hard and I really sympathize, but you can do it!!!