Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EASTER DINNER--what's your plan?

Is it at your house? :rolleyes

Are you cooking? :hungry:

Are you apprehensive at all? :help:

I am going to my mother's house. I know Thanksgiving and Christmas are hard on everyone here, but we're barbecuing this weekend. That is my FAVORITE. I have not had BBQ since being banded. My mom's also making potato salad, which I used to overindulge in before the band.

I'm not taking a covered dish, like I used to do. I'm single and since I won't eat much, I don't feel obligated. However, I'm going to try to take a little gift for the hostess.

I'm not apprehensive, but I'm a little saddened. I'm going to want to overeat since this is my favorite kind of food.

Is it at your house? :rolleyes

Are you cooking? :hungry:

*No I am going to my mom's house for Easter dinner.

Are you apprehensive at all? :help:

*Not at all. My goal is to stay away from alcohol that day. As far as food goes, I just eat until I am full..no biggie.

*Don't be shocked if you can't eat more than a 1/4 to 1/2 of a hamburger or hot dog. You probably will not be able to eat more than 2 tablespoons of potato salad.

Have fun and enjoy!:clap2:

Sounds like a fun easter dinner :)

dinner is at my house and this year will just be me and my DH. I am doing the cooking and I am making a small ham, mashed potatoes, green Beans, sf Jello salad with fruit cocktail and cool whip lite in it and rolls (for my DH). I do not anticipate any food issues, there won't be any fattening desert to avoid or anything like that, just a simple but nice dinner.

Just DH and myself. I bought a single slice of ham and frozen sweet potato casserole. I'll add some green Beans. I am also getting one of those coconut bunny cakes. I just have to have a bite. I haven't tried cake so not sure I can even eat it. It will go in trash after Sunday. :)

Ill fix some ham too, and the obligatory green bean casarole.

The funny thing for me is that most of us eat pork on easter, I find that kind of odd, considering the fact that Christ Jesus was Jewish, and pork was and still is considered unclean. I hope my post doesnt offend anyone, Its just my personal thought on the subject.

Going to my family in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where I'm going to try so hard to keep a close check on my eating. I am 16 days post-op, feel little to no restriction, LOVE ham ! Wish I had a fill already....Perhaps I'll challenge myself and plan on buying something nice from Talbot's if i do really well...or have my sweet baby buy something for me! Hope I can control myself. Happy Easter, folks! God bless.

Banded 3/21/07

Highest 350

Sx 270

Today 262

Goal ? 140-ish

We're going to my father in laws house to have dinner with him and his wife and my brother in law.

We're having Ham and all the fixings. I'm not worried about over eating because I always use a small plate and a small fork and put one teaspoon of everything I want on the plate and then eat it very slowly. Using the small plate helps a lot because I've tried the big plate and I'll put like a half cup or more of each thing and then I do try to shovel in more then I should. I also won't stay at a table where food is sitting out because then I'll sit there and graze and end up in misery!

Start with the small plate and if you're still hungry after it's clean, go get a little more! Good luck!

Just my kids and my dh. We are have prime rib (dh is not a big ham fan), baked potatoes, green Beans. I might make something for desert. We don't go overboard for easter. I get the kids something like a movie or cd, but we don't do the egg thing or a baskets of chocolate. Never could understand what the easter bunny had to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Edit: DH just called and changed his mind, he wants chicken.

Just my kids and my dh. We are have prime rib (dh is not a big ham fan), baked potatoes, green Beans. I might make something for desert. We don't go overboard for easter. I get the kids something like a movie or cd, but we don't do the egg thing or a baskets of chocolate. Never could understand what the easter bunny had to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

You're right it has nothing to do with Easter, if you look at all the Christian holidays there is always some type of commericalize thing to take the focus off of JESUS.

We are planning on going out for dinner so I don't have to cook and there will be no fatting leftovers:biggrin1:

You're right, I just heard on the radio that Easter is the second leading holiday for the sale of candy! I'm all for family gatherings, but like Barb, I have a hard time connecting a rabbit to a resurrection.

Bruce

I started a similar thread under Foods before seeing this one. Sorry

Welp, that picture just did it for me! I'm not hungry any more!!! LOL!!!

We're having the huge family thing at my mom's. I always help with the cooking, which I enjoy. I could care less about eating, I'm happy with the time with the family, although I might indulge in some cheescake! Heh heh!

I'm having just me, my husband, and two friends of ours. This is my menu:

Homemade Pasta (from scratch)

Homemade meatballs and marinara

Ham

Homemade potato salad

Garlic bread

Renaissance salad (cabbage, spinach, baby greens and herbs, sweet pickles, green olives, mandarin oranges, golden raisins, capers, vinagrette)

Homemade bannana cream pie

And here is what I made for Passover last weeK

Crock pot coq a vin

Roasted new potatos with garlic and olive oil

Green Beans with lemon butter sauce

Carrot and butternut squash kugel

Noodle kugel

Salad

Flourless chocolate torte

Did I mention I love to cook?

I say we all go to Sunta's house!

Sunta how do you make this:

Renaissance salad (cabbage, spinach, baby greens and herbs, sweet pickles, green olives, mandarin oranges, golden raisins, capers, vinagrette)

that picture of that dog is HILARIOIUS!!! I sent it out to my coworkers. They about died laughing!!!

classic!

Sunta how do you make this:

Well you just chop up the veggies and greens (I get those bags of spring greens and herbs mixed together), throw about a half cup each (or to taste) of all the other stuff in, and then dress it up with either homemade or bottled vinagrette, and toss. Couldn't be easier! And it tastes AMAZING. It's been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl and my mom would make it for a living history group we used to belong to called the SCA. They used to reenact the middle ages. I don't know if it's 100% authentic to the time period, but it sure is delicious!