Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good way to shock yourself....

Once you are at least 3 months out from surgery, go find a pair of jeans you wore prior to surgery and try them on. You'll be shocked! Better yet, when you are having a bad day go put on those pants, because that will remind you how far along you've come in your journey.

So today I was trying to decide which type of jeans to buy online because the ones I just started wearing 3 weeks ago are already too big but even worse they are too long (I'm short, only 5ft tall), actually the "too big" part doesn't bother me at all. ;) So I tried on an old pair of jeans that I wore just days prior to surgery to check the length, and OMG I couldn't believe how big they were on me. It took all I could just to hold them up as I checked the length on the jeans with my sneakers on. I swear there must of been at least a good foot between my body and the front of the jeans as I held them out from my stomach.

Well I'm already down 4 sizes. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I was a size 28 and I'm a girl (a guy in a size 28 is good, but a girl?) I am now fitting in to a size 20. Super excited about that! I wonder when the rest of my family will notice my weight loss? Only my observant aunt noticed when I was only 2 months out from surgery.

No one knows I had weight loss surgery except for my husband.

Isn't it great? Good for you! I was a size 24 before surgery and am now an 18/20. It's exciting.

Wow! Good for you @@Ree

That is amazing progress just 3 months out from surgery.

And, what a great suggestion to try on jeans as a marker of your progress. What a brilliant way to overcome the moments when your mind plays tricks in you and you can't "feel" the progress anymore.

Thanks for posting. I will remember thus one for when I'm postop. In still preop at that moment.

You know what happened to me @@Ree I came home from the hospital after a 5 month stay and I had only socks that fit. My hubby went out and got me a couple size 20 nighties and they were snug....Down from the largest size you can buy in a store. A few weeks later they were too big. I had nothing to wear. Nothing at all. I was so frightened you can't believe it. Gradually he got me more and more clothes and now...Now my closets are bursting again....With clothes I can wear now and clothes yet to wear...Love it...

So I understand. I kept only 2 shirts from my former days. When I am at goal I plan on showing the difference on here as a celebration of the facts....

Good for you..Your doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once you are at least 3 months out from surgery, go find a pair of jeans you wore prior to surgery and try them on. You'll be shocked! Better yet, when you are having a bad day go put on those pants, because that will remind you how far along you've come in your journey. So today I was trying to decide which type of jeans to buy online because the ones I just started wearing 3 weeks ago are already too big but even worse they are too long (I'm short, only 5ft tall), actually the "too big" part doesn't bother me at all. ;) So I tried on an old pair of jeans that I wore just days prior to surgery to check the length, and OMG I couldn't believe how big they were on me. It took all I could just to hold them up as I checked the length on the jeans with my sneakers on. I swear there must of been at least a good foot between my body and the front of the jeans as I held them out from my stomach. Well I'm already down 4 sizes. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I was a size 28 and I'm a girl (a guy in a size 28 is good, but a girl?) I am now fitting in to a size 20. Super excited about that! I wonder when the rest of my family will notice my weight loss? Only my observant aunt noticed when I was only 2 months out from surgery. No one knows I had weight loss surgery except for my husband.

Ree, I was a 28 too!! I'm down to a 26 now in jeans, and a 22/24 in workout clothes. :) I'm 6 weeks out and just bought new jeans at Lane Bryant when my friend remarked, "dayum girl those jeans are HANGIN' off your a**!!"

It's so good!!

Good for you. It is an amazing feeling. I went from 20-22 to 14-16. Enjoy because you can only get smaller. I understand the too long part..I find it interesting now that stuff that would be perfect are now too lung. Craziness...Carry on and have fun with it.

I was what I lovingly term a "18/20 tight" before I went for surgery. Probably SHOULD have been wearing 22's, but I stubbornly refused to buy them, so I would just squeeeeeeeze into those 18/20s. Denial is a powerful thing, LOL.
Now, at almost 9 months post-op, I'm down to a size 10 in jeans--it still boggles my brain! I've saved a couple pairs of shorts and pants from my pre-op self, and it's fantastic to think that in a few months I might be able to shimmy BOTH legs into one leg of my old pants, and my old t-shirts could easily fit myself and my daughter inside!

Yes! I'm also 3 months post op and I did just that this weekend. I can now fit a pair of size 16 jeans from Gap that I wore in high school! 3 months ago, I was a size 18/20.