Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have 2.5 cc in my 4 cc band and I hardly feel any restriction. I see these people who have great restriction at 1.5 cc and it frustrates me. I go back April 17 and hopefully get a fill. Is it possible for me to have stretched my pouch after 4 months post op? I don't overeat so I don't think I've stretched it, but maybe I'm just worried over nothing. Any suggestions?:help:

when did you get your band? I got mine Jan 31 and I have had 3 fills (2.65 cc total) and feel barely any restriction too... I am not losing anything at all and am working out very very regularly.

I know we can't compare ourselves to others but I feel a little crazy- has my band broken off? is it even there?

I think that you have lost, so it is working. I thought that at about two weeks after surgery, I was hungery and not feeling full. I went today, three weeks post-op and lost 10 pounds and they put 1cc on my 4cc band. I felt fuller after lunch so I hope it works. They told me to go back in a couple of weeks (2) if I dont feel it. Go back again I think you will feel it. Some of us can handle the band with more in it than others.

Hey Folks

1) Unless you have eaten to the point of being very full regularly - I wouldn't worry too much about pouch stretching. Stretching would indicate that you had restriction and kept eating - it would probably hurt each time you did...

2) The number of fills - meaningless. Even the number of cc's of fill is pretty meaningless - unless your doc has put in more than your band will hold PLUS the amount that your port tubing will hold, you still have room for more... I have an 11 cc band with 9.2 cc's. That is approx 84% capacity. I didn't feel like I had any restriction until I hit about 75% capacity... If each of you has a 4cc band you are at approx. 63 & 66 percent capacity. Don't fret.... there is plenty of room - and the next fill might be enough to catapult you into the world of good restriction.

Hang tough. It will all come together. Try to remember that this is not a race. Practice chewing and taking small bites and following all the rules - cause you may need them after the next fill.

:]

thanks so much renebean... much appreciated. so can you tell me what you normally eat? Do you eat a snack between meals? I am trying to get into a pattern but I am hungry a lot...

Yeah - without restriction you are going to be hungry.

Prior to getting good restriction - I tried to eat proper bandster meals - but I would bulk up the amount with raw veggies and some low-cal, low carb dip. You can eat a lot of veggies for not much calorie content - it's just the dip you need to watch out for.

I have never been a snacker - but if I got hungry, I had an Atkins shake to keep from being too starving.

Raw veggies would work as a snack, too - if Protein shakes are repulsive to you.

For meals - I just eat regular food - grilled chicken breasts, steak, whatever with veggies. My husband does most of the cooking - so I just eat whatever he eats in a bandster way - Proteins first, then veggies, then carbs.

Pre-restriction I ate a normal person portion. Now that I have restriction I eat a lot less.

For instance - We had steak and a Pasta side dish the other night. The steaks were 1" thick tenderloins - about 4" circles.

I ate less than 1/2 the steak and a few bites of Pasta. (Less than 1/2 cup pasta.) I took the other half and another scoop of pasta for lunch - and couldn't eat it all... so once you get restriction, true solid foods will fill you up FAST.

Now, last night we had pork in curried lentils...a nice mushy consistency with little chunks of meat and veggies. Lentils are not a true solid - so I did eat more of them than I should. I ate less than 2 cups of the lentil/pork mixture cause it was SOOOO good. If I am feeling strong, I usually stop at one cup.

With the steak, I HAD to stop. With the lentils, I didn't HAVE to stop, but I chose to stop at under 2 cups. It's all about what you choose to eat.

I know the amount that I am eating because I got special bowls that only HOLD 2 cups if they are filled right up to the brim. If I fill halfway, it is approx. 1 cup.

Willpower is still required... it's just easier, now. As long as I don't eat more than a normal skinny chick would eat, I feel that I have done OK - even when I eat more than a bandster should.

I am not in any particular hurry - I took most of my pounds off by exercising and eating more veggies and less carbs. Now that I have restriction, the pounds are coming off, anyway, even though I have been less than diligent about exercise for the last month.

Just be sure to get enough Protein, take your Calcium supplements and Vitamins and drink enough Water. I wouldn't stress TOO much about how much you are eating until you get some restriction.

Hugs!

that helps a ton- I know what you mean about having to make yourself stop on things like lentils... I love them but have to tell myself to stop on mushies or I will keep shoving it in.

you are making good good progress- I looked at your signature... you should be proud :D

when did you get your band? I got mine Jan 31 and I have had 3 fills (2.65 cc total) and feel barely any restriction too... I am not losing anything at all and am working out very very regularly.

I know we can't compare ourselves to others but I feel a little crazy- has my band broken off? is it even there?

Hey ThatGirl,

I got my band on November 28, 2006 and have only had 2 fills. 1st fill was at 2.0cc and the 2nd he put .5 I work out 3-4 times a week. But I think when you start working out, you lose inches first. I've only lost 5 lbs since my 2nd fill. And I feel like that's not good enough. Who knows? I guess everyone is different :phanvan

I think that you have lost, so it is working. I thought that at about two weeks after surgery, I was hungery and not feeling full. I went today, three weeks post-op and lost 10 pounds and they put 1cc on my 4cc band. I felt fuller after lunch so I hope it works. They told me to go back in a couple of weeks (2) if I dont feel it. Go back again I think you will feel it. Some of us can handle the band with more in it than others.

My doctor is kind of stingy with his fills. I get one every six weeks. It's not like I can call him and tell him I need a fill whenever I want. My first fill, I didn't feel any restriction and the second, I barely feel any. I can even eat bread with no problem.

Hey Folks

1) Unless you have eaten to the point of being very full regularly - I wouldn't worry too much about pouch stretching. Stretching would indicate that you had restriction and kept eating - it would probably hurt each time you did...

2) The number of fills - meaningless. Even the number of cc's of fill is pretty meaningless - unless your doc has put in more than your band will hold PLUS the amount that your port tubing will hold, you still have room for more... I have an 11 cc band with 9.2 cc's. That is approx 84% capacity. I didn't feel like I had any restriction until I hit about 75% capacity... If each of you has a 4cc band you are at approx. 63 & 66 percent capacity. Don't fret.... there is plenty of room - and the next fill might be enough to catapult you into the world of good restriction.

Hang tough. It will all come together. Try to remember that this is not a race. Practice chewing and taking small bites and following all the rules - cause you may need them after the next fill.

:]

Thank you for your info Rene. It's much appreciated.

It took me 5 fills and 8 months to find my sweet spot. I've been here for about 8 weeks but now I think I'm ready again. Keep up the faith. You'll hit yours. Julie

It took me 5 fills and 8 months to find my sweet spot. I've been here for about 8 weeks but now I think I'm ready again. Keep up the faith. You'll hit yours. Julie

thanks- sometimes I read these boards and people are making so much more progress than me, I feel like I am a failure. :D

I am really taking a hard look at my eating (tomorrow I start journaling every bite I take) and next Wed I am going back in for another fill... I hope that one gets me closer... it will be my 4th fill.

My problem is that I lost all the weight during the first 3 weeks, when my stomach was swollen and now I am stuck there- I assumed I'd put all that back on and I haven't, but no more has come off... I will just have to be patient...

thatgirl, don't be frustrated. It took me 8 months to get there. I have lost 13 lbs since Jan 11th so now I am really moving. You will be fine. Just keep going back for fills until you can only eat 1/2 cup of food at a time. That is what works for me. I take in 800-1k calories a day only. Julie