Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help...I cannot stop emotional eating today.

Well the day has come, today, where i am being tested with the band ..For some reason, I can''t seem to stop eating today, including Cookies..chips. I thought my sleeve,would not allow me to have a small "binge". . I know it is emotional eating. I was retired for 3 years and now have a part time ,job , working from home. I was. reluctant to accept the job since my life was pretty stress free. I will be helping a family member with accounting issues and I need to basically redo their accounting processes for a dr practice. I am afraid that I won't have a balance in my life that I had before. The past 11 weeks I only had concentrated on my journey to health. I was also busy with 2 weeks of travel.. Some for work, some for visiting family. I think what also sparked my overeating today is my weight loss stall. For almost two weeks I have been at 175.. And stuck their. Ugh. I know what to do to get back on track..logging in my food in myfitnesspal.. Eating my Protein first , and going back to exercising that I had been doing.

My question is how do I overcome my disappointment with myself of eating more than I should have and eating some junk today. I am afraid that I cannot get back on track. Suggestions are appreciated.

Ps. Correction to my precious post . I have the sleeve not the band.

It might be the moon or something. I went to PF Changs yesterday. Can you say 'sodium, soy sauce and, ths morning, 2.5 pounds up?"

Don't bum yourself out. You said in your post what to do. Try to start your plan again tomorrow.

The way to change a problem is to ADMIT you have a problem. You did that, now stop this very second at this very meal and get back on track. Dont let a few days lead into weeks of guilt and beating yourself up. Also try drinking a big ole glass of Water before you even think about eatting, and while your doing that plan what you will eat after. Hang in there.

Also at the risk of helping others you need to take a break from your auditing and make sure your taking care of yourself.

Unless your making the really big bucks, then tell them you need to have an hour and half lunch and fit in a workout during that time. Remember your worth this investment you made to yourself!!

I felt like I have stalled recently and just wound up in the hospital with vertigo, most likely from dehydration, so I have been frustrated and ate a few things I shouldn't have. But I get right back into my routine. I did hear the dehydration could be masking my losing while while my body is reshaping. I don't know that I said that right but whoever responded to me last night made it make sense.

DON'T PANIC! You are frustrated and beating yourself up over ONE DAY!! This journey doesn't happen in a day, or even a week. Look how far you've come. You're not the same person you were pre-surgery. Don't put yourself back in that box.

I have decided to take a one or two meal "break" once a week, no more, and not worry about what I eat during that time. Very few people can eat perfectly 100% of the time. I'm not going to eat to the point of discomfort - this sleeve keeps me on course, but I can plan special treats. Two weeks ago Sunday I ate French fries - just a few, with this amazing Belgian sauce. This past Monday I had a Krispy Kreme. And part of a cheeseburger, later for dinner. Yesterday and today I ate beautifully both days, and hit the gym yesterday. It believe this can be okay. Serious bodybuilders actually plan to eat extra calories some days in order to keep their fat-burning and muscle-building in high gear, and not slow down their metabolism. They may be on to something.

I don't

Yes, what Ziggy said. Write today off and start anew tomorrow. There will be bad days and I think that's okay as long as they are not the norm.

Thanks for all of your support. I need to hear this. And 1 day should not ruin the rest of my life.. It is the all or none mentality that I still have and need to do away with. Again thanks