Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In total, six large garbage bags and a whole lot of emotion.

The closet purge brought so many forgotten memories to the surface. Memories of trying desperately to close zippers, tight waistlines growing more and more tight until I relented and went up a size, then searching through racks of clothes to find a size large enough to fit.

I remembered all the times I tried to "inconspicuously" adjust my outfit to be more flattering. Always pulling down my shirt over my hips, and feeling shame when my top lifted enough for someone catch a peek of my saggy stomach fat pushing out from the waist of my jeans. Shirts would have to be long and loose enough not to stick around my rolls, but fit enough to look presentable at work.

I had a while drawer full of control clothes - those terrible things to wear under clothes that suck in fat. I wore the day after day year round. They gave me terrible rashes and sores, but I wore them anyway so I looked an inch thinner. I thought if I could find the right clothes, flattering and stylish, people wouldn't notice my weight as much. Really I wasn't fooling anyone.

Bagging up these clothes I can feel the shame lifting off my shoulders. Shame is a terrible thing to carry around. I didn't know how heavy it has been until today.

Looking forward to a life less heavy. Living in the moment, no longer preoccupied with adjusting clothes and hoping zippers stay zipped.

post-202039-0-73340200-1393197265_thumb.jpg

I can totally relate!~

It was a mix feeling for me as well when I had to get rid off all my 18W to 22W. Then, I had to do it again as I got smaller and removed all my 14-16w. I just can't believe that in a year I have gone from 22w to size 12 and soon I will be in size 10 pants and tops from 2xl to large and some medium. I didn't wanted to get rid off my clothes because I was afraid that I would start gaining but i just had to tell myself that if I continue following the doctor orders I should sustain my weight lost. I love the new me!!!

Wow, what a load of clothes!

Good for you!

Articles of clothing are almost like pictures that bring back memories. Maybe it is sort of a man thing but I was not ashamed of being fat, it was just so blasted annoying! My wife, however, was very concerned about how I looked and regularly verbally "helped" me adjust my shirts when they rode up exposing my big belly.

When I unloaded my bags of clothing at Goodwill it was like swatting that dirty fly that was buzzing around the bedroom all night landing on my nose in 5 minutes intervals. .... times 100!

Hope you sold them I sold about half of mine and made over £1,000 and that was to one person!
The rest I give to cancer research shop to sell and kept a few bits for hopefully one day preggo clothing.
It was really sad and I did look at all the things that still had price tags on but I never got to wear because I never left the house because of my back hip and knees and then I got too big to fit in them.
I thought I would wear them when I lost weight but I lost so fast I bypassed being able to without laughing at how big there were.
Some of my fav stuff was really hard to get ride of, thankfully I am much more of a pj person if I could get away with walking the streets in my pjs and not look mental I would!
Don’t buy too many things at the start you change sizes so quickly you might only get a months wear out of them.
Now I buy new stuff every month it’s a bad bad habit (I say knowing I just ordered 3 more dresses and a skirt yesterday lol)
New you- new clothes- new memories

If you don't sell them maybe you can donate them to a good organization..Wow lots of clothe

Purging feels soooooo good. I can't wait to get rid of my stuff. Right now everything still fits and I have problems letting go. As soon as they are too ridiculously big I will be putting them in the box to donate to the shelters.

I finally am getting rid of mine. What a load. Here is mine. Giving them to a friend.post-181741-0-23843100-1393206040_thumb.jpg

I donated all of my clothes because I know first hand how hard it is to find good second hand plus size clothes. I hope someone will enjoy them.

Yes we have a place here in Cinti for woman they have never been in the workforce or being on welfare so I am sure its hardier to find professional outfits to wear..I have slack and nice clothes to wear to work...one thing I complimented on was they way I looked going to work....

Wow! That must be very liberating! Great job !