Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It sleeved 2weeks ago today feel so down and depressed I thought the weight would fall off me and was so excited but iv not lost a pound nothing there has to be something wrong I thought I'd be 15lbs down by now thyroid is fine and I'm on liquids any advice?

Patience .......That is my advice. Your body is full of liquid from the IV's and swelling and trying to clear out the meds they gave you while you were in the hospital.

It will happen just give it a little more time...And put the scale away......it is not time to start weighing yourself...Okay... :)

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

So why does everyone else lose so much weight the first few weeks then? I can't find anyone on these threads who hasn't lost in first few weeks

I have seen a few folks that have gained tons of Water weight in hospital and then didn't get back to their surgery weight for 2-3 weeks then they started losing. I lost ten pounds the first week then nothing for 2-3 weeks that sucked so bad.

In 3 months I have watched the scale stay the same for 2-3 weeks at a time. Relax! You are causing yourself unnecessary grief and turmoil by focusing on the scale. When my scale was not moving, I could fit in a pair of pants I previously could not wear and I quit worrying about the scale. Walk. Go to the mall. Do something. Get busy. I did, and the scale shows me 50 lbs. lighter. Right now the scale has not moved in 3 weeks. It is OKAY. Good luck!!!!!!

I gained 9 pounds of Fluid after my surgery and it took me 1 week to get it off. I didn't start losing until week two. As everyone says be patient your weightloss will come.

Regardless of how prepared I thought I was, I was also slightly disappointed post-surgery when the weight didn't come off as fast as I expected. Today, just a few weeks and 40lbs later, I am thankful that my body paced itself to keep me safe and healthy through this journey.

On top of what the previous posts already mentioned, remember that your body has gone through a great deal of stress. Hormonally speaking, there are a billion changes happening right now. Your body does need time to reset and 'understand' what is happening.

Throughout this journey, your body will enter starvation mode where it will hold on to weight until it realizes that it is safe to let it go. It is not a linear process. This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Think of how wonderful you will be feeling by the Summer or by Christmas, not by tomorrow.

We totally get your frustration, but as RJ mentioned, patience is your best friend right now. Hang in there, this IS the most difficult part of all and you are almost done. ((hugs))

Are you getting in all your Water? If so, try increasing a little, and make sure to move. I agree with some posters above, give it time. You shocked your body, everyone reacts differently. Surery alone doesn't make us lose weight, so just work your plan and it will right itself.

Those who didn't lose the first few weeks when did u start seeing the weight come off?

Stick to the prescribed diet by the nutritionist make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Water weighs a lot. Your body is adjusting. The loss is not a straight line its more of a staircase shape if your were to graph it. Lose then level off lose again then level off. I think you get the picture.

So why does everyone else lose so much weight the first few weeks then? I can't find anyone on these threads who hasn't lost in first few weeks

You cannot compare yourself with others as each of us have different bodies and there is difference between the conditions, diet, etc also. So, I would say you should have patience. However, if you feel that you are not experiencing any improvement then you should consult your doctor. Hope it helps.

It sleeved 2weeks ago today feel so down and depressed I thought the weight would fall off me and was so excited but iv not lost a pound nothing there has to be something wrong I thought I'd be 15lbs down by now thyroid is fine and I'm on liquids any advice?

I gained back the ten pounds after surgery that I had lost before surgery. My pressure was low so I was loaded me with IV fluids and it took over two weeks just to get back to my pre surgery weight. So don't beat yourself up. I'm nine weeks out and just came off a three weeks stall. It was really hard to stay positive. But my body was still working because I lost inches not weight over that three week period. So hang in there this to shall past just follow the program you physician gave you. ;-)

Like several others have mentioned everyone reacts different to the surgery! No one is the same! I did not lose right away either. I too was upset. But I was assured it would come off, I was just holding onto the water! Which my body seems to do often (even 11 months out)! I was in my 2nd week when my body decided it didn't need to hold onto that Water anymore, and started to let it go. And believe me you'll bladder will let you know when this happens! I dropped 15 lbs! I was so happy. However, I had a really hard time getting in all my Water and my body started to hold onto water again (which it will do when you become dehydrated). I gained that 15 lbs back! I was so devastated, and upset! However, once I started to get my water in, and my Protein I started to lose again! It just takes time! I have had this happen several times! I have learned not to look at other people progress and compare it to my own! As long as I am losing, even if it's a 1 lbs a month, I am losing, and not gaining! I also remind myself of how far I have come! I've almost lost 200 lbs that's noting to sneeze over! I can kick butt in the gym, and do things I couldn't even imagine doing 11 months! Right now keep your eyes on the prize, focused. To keep yourself motivated. You'll get there!

It WILL move. The first few weeks you have alot of fluids from the IV but you WILL lose. Give it some time