Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

111 Days 'til June

I'm three months out and needing a boost. This is a predictable time for that -- the lead-up to surgery is so exciting and intense, then the learning curve, the early weight loss, etc. -- all of that keeps us pretty ramped up for a while. But then things settle down and it's time for some more motivation! Plus it's been a very long winter.

I've been thinking about the next chunk of weight I can get off by the end of May. I have all the incentive I need, of course -- we all do -- but I guess I need a project that has a distinct time-frame. I've always been a deadline kind of person and while I don't have a certain weight I must reach by that time I do have fitness goals that I know I can reach if I work at it day after day. And Onederland would be very nice!

In 111 days we will be through the month of May and on to summer. Here's to June and a pretty dress for my son's graduation, crop pants and a new bathing suit. Riding my bike outdoors and fully engaging in my life. sleeping well and feeling the possibilities all around me. What about you -- what are your goals for the coming summer?

You sound pretty motivated to me Neighbor!! I was just thinking today how April 16 will be my 2nd year anniversary and my 6 month check up and I was wondering if I could reach Onederland by then. No pressure but it would be satisfying. This Winter has definitely knocked me down a bit as far as morale. I have never been so cold like I have been this winter. I have only been to the gym about dozen times since December. On the flip side I have been shopping for Kayaks and I think I have decided which one I want. Should look pretty cute driving home in the snowy winter with a kayak on my roof!

So I guess my Summer goals are more of the same from last year. No couch potato. Outside activities every day even if I can only squeeze an hour at times. Band has liberated me and I am not taking one ounce of it for granted. Been so cooped up that just the sight of the sun gives me spring fever until of course I walk outside. Feeling goes away rather quickly.

. Been so cooped up that just the sight of the sun gives me spring fever until of course I walk outside. Feeling goes away rather quickly.

I can so relate to that Jim! I had to run out of the office to see the Dr. today and for all of maybe 20 steps I was loving the sun and being outside that faded by the time I got to my car and I was asking myself why the heck I parked so far away from the door?!

I like the walk most days but it was so darn windy this afternoon my nose was frozen by the time I reached the car.

Bandista, I love your motivation, your's too Jim. I have my 25 year high school reunion coming up in April. Though I will never be as thin as I was in high school (I think I weighed all of 90 pounds then. Too skinny!) I'd like to at least be in Onederland and closer rather then further away from my goal. Maybe a new dress for me too, some heels a new handbag...definitely some jewelry...OK I know I'm getting carried away :) (shhh don't tell the hubby)

By the summer I would love to wear a size 12 or less and have less spare tire. The spare is huge and because of that I need larger size tops. But yesterday I bought a size Large sweat shirt!!

Friday I went back to the gym after not going since November. It is like starting over again. I need to take care of me, now.

We NE people need to get warm and stop this snow and ice. You must be colder than me and I am around 25-30.

Last summer was absolutely miserable for me! It was an effort just to go out in the backyard with my son, let alone go to the neighborhood park. Going for a family walk at sunset was painful and exhausting.This summer I want to get out and do things in my community! I want to take my son berry picking, swimming, and spend lots of time outside playing with him! There's so much to do around here in the summer, and this year I want to be a part of everything!

Last summer was absolutely miserable for me! It was an effort just to go out in the backyard with my son, let alone go to the neighborhood park. Going for a family walk at sunset was painful and exhausting.This summer I want to get out and do things in my community! I want to take my son berry picking, swimming, and spend lots of time outside playing with him! There's so much to do around here in the summer, and this year I want to be a part of everything!

Berry picking! There's a thought that can keep me going during these predictions for yet another snowstorm. This will pass and there will be berries. Imagine that! And yes, let's be part of EVERYTHING!

We have a family cruise in July. I want to buy some pretty things to wear in the evenings. The last few cruises I was on, I just needed to make sure I had something...anything that fit me and didn't look too casual. I really want to get some sun dresses...some pretty sundresses. They look OK with flats...I don't know that I'll ever be able to wear heels...my knees are still not good, but a pretty sundress with pretty flats/sandals, would really be wonderful. I also want to snuba. It's supposed to be a combination of scuba and snorkeling. I would never try anything like that when I was morbidly obese. Much too afraid of not being able to keep up...or have something embarassing happen like not fitting into the gear....

You sound pretty motivated to me Neighbor!! I was just thinking today how April 16 will be my 2nd year anniversary and my 6 month check up and I was wondering if I could reach Onederland by then. No pressure but it would be satisfying. This Winter has definitely knocked me down a bit as far as morale. I have never been so cold like I have been this winter. I have only been to the gym about dozen times since December. On the flip side I have been shopping for Kayaks and I think I have decided which one I want. Should look pretty cute driving home in the snowy winter with a kayak on my roof!

So I guess my Summer goals are more of the same from last year. No couch potato. Outside activities every day even if I can only squeeze an hour at times. Band has liberated me and I am not taking one ounce of it for granted. Been so cooped up that just the sight of the sun gives me spring fever until of course I walk outside. Feeling goes away rather quickly.

Yeah, Jim, this is a knock-down, drag-out NH winter if there ever was one. My husband keeps announcing the temperatures in other places, like Ireland. We have minus nine predicted for tonight. Heat with wood so that means getting up to feed the stove, etc. It is beautiful and I love country life, but enough already! Great about the kayak -- you will have to come up this way as there are lots of lakes, etc.

We have a family cruise in July. I want to buy some pretty things to wear in the evenings. The last few cruises I was on, I just needed to make sure I had something...anything that fit me and didn't look too casual. I really want to get some sun dresses...some pretty sundresses. They look OK with flats...I don't know that I'll ever be able to wear heels...my knees are still not good, but a pretty sundress with pretty flats/sandals, would really be wonderful. I also want to snuba. It's supposed to be a combination of scuba and snorkeling. I would never try anything like that when I was morbidly obese. Much too afraid of not being able to keep up...or have something embarassing happen like not fitting into the gear....

That's great -- you are going to have a blast! Check out Vionics shoes. Imagine an orthopedic insert, like a custom orthotic, made into a strappy little sandal. That's exactly what these are. They even have dressy ones with a slight heel. Company used to be Orthaheel and now called Vionics. I also just ordered sandals from Sole, the company that makes those red inserts. So great for lining up foot with knee and hip. Essential! The Sole inserts are great in sneakers and "whole" shoes, etc., but they also make a flip-flop. Not as glam as the Vionics line but the footbed is a teeny bit higher, more extreme for getting that arch arching right. I know, I sound like a shoe salesman.

That's great -- you are going to have a blast! Check out Vionics shoes. Imagine an orthopedic insert, like a custom orthotic, made into a strappy little sandal. That's exactly what these are. They even have dressy ones with a slight heel. Company used to be Orthaheel and now called Vionics. I also just ordered sandals from Sole, the company that makes those red inserts. So great for lining up foot with knee and hip. Essential! The Sole inserts are great in sneakers and "whole" shoes, etc., but they also make a flip-flop. Not as glam as the Vionics line but the footbed is a teeny bit higher, more extreme for getting that arch arching right. I know, I sound like a shoe salesman.

I'll check them out. I have inserts in my sneakers and heel wedges for all my shoes...when my hips were replaced, I wound up with the right leg a little shorter than the left. The surgeon said I'd get used to it but right now, I notice it alot so I wear the wedge to balance me out and the insert because of the lower back/sciatica issue. Thanks!

thank you for the shoe advice. I have large feet and broke a bunch of toes a few years ago and I am going to look them up.

Hi Bandista.

I play poker on Poker Stars, I play too much and too often. I was playing with a man whose wife was in that Peterborough factory yesterday. She got burnt a little but was home at 8ish pm when we were playing. His wife had just left that room minutes before the explosion. How far away are you from there? I wonder if they took them to the Peterborough hospital. I always liked it when my son was at camp but that was over 15 years ago. When my son broke his arm at Pat's Peak, they sent us to Concord and they were fine there but then we went to our own doctor in Boston.

Stay warm. Thursday we are getting snow, then rain south of Boston. I have to take my brother and SIL to the airport at 11:00 am during the mess. It showed NH getting another foot. Poor you and Jim and Kelli.

Have a great day.

Arlene

Hi Bandista.

I play poker on Poker Stars, I play too much and too often. I was playing with a man whose wife was in that Peterborough factory yesterday. She got burnt a little but was home at 8ish pm when we were playing. His wife had just left that room minutes before the explosion. How far away are you from there? I wonder if they took them to the Peterborough hospital. I always liked it when my son was at camp but that was over 15 years ago. When my son broke his arm at Pat's Peak, they sent us to Concord and they were fine there but then we went to our own doctor in Boston.

Stay warm. Thursday we are getting snow, then rain south of Boston. I have to take my brother and SIL to the airport at 11:00 am during the mess. It showed NH getting another foot. Poor you and Jim and Kelli.

Have a great day.

Arlene

Explosion at a ball-bearing factory -- horrific, isn't it? Kind of like something from a movie. NHBB is about twenty minutes from here. Such a scary thing. Glad your friend's wife only sustained minor injuries. I haven't heard the latest reports -- don't have TV here, just internet (Netflix!).

As for snow, I can't believe we're in for more already. 12-15" predicted for this area and we are right at the base of the mountain so we can usually tack a few extra on top of that. We heat with wood so the house is always warm and cozy.

Speaking of which, you are going to LOVE those Vionics. I wear the flip-flops around the house and even as bedroom slippers -- I put them on as soon as I get up. Great for plantar issues, etc. Your toes will thank you, as well as your arches! I am so happy to have a snazzy pair of sandals that are actually orthopedic. Amazing times we live in and there's nothing like having the right footware. The Sole company makes amazing inserts. A friend went to a podiatrist recently and he just pulled some out of a drawer and she walked out with $40 custom footbeds vs. the $300+ ones that take weeks to make. Life-changing. I am happy that they are making sandals now, too, and a few shoes/boots, but they clearly don't have the designers that Vionics has. Check out both brands!