Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months post op

I'm still in shock!!! I'm almost 4 months post op and I am 7 weeks preggo with baby #3!!! I'm freaking out!!! I'm down 90 pounds but still have more to go to be at goal! Any advice??

Be really careful. Surgeons tell you not to get pregnant for at least a year

There is a pregnancy forum you can check out, don't freak out though, my doctor said you can have a healthy pregnancy after the sleeve, they prefer you wait because it will affect your weight loss. So best go see your dr and call your surgeons office to start a plan. Congrats!

Focus on Protein and even though it goes against everything... graze. I got pregnant 3 weeks post op and am now 23weeks. PM me whenever. Listen to your OB but do not be nervous to bring something up. This is also my 3rd and while the first 2 were super easy pregnancies this one has been a little more difficult. The grazing keeps the nausea at bay... I eat a cheese cube or 2 every hour to 90 min between meals. They watch things a bit more closely but it really isn't so bad. There are struggles that I am sure wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so soon post op but what are ya gonna do oops happens ;-) maternity clothes fit better :-D

I agree with mamachef. I had my first pregnancy while banded. I ate a ton of Protein and ate often. I had to graze but it worked out great. I weighed 206 when I got pregnant and the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital I weighed 179. I had a healthy pregnancy and a very healthy baby. You can do this!

Edited by Jencovi

I'm 4 months post op and I just found out I'm pregnant. I'm freaking out a bit. This will be my 3rd child and in no way was I expecting to get pregnant after being sleeved. Anyone have any advice??

I'm 4 months post op and I just found out I'm pregnant. I'm freaking out a bit. This will be my 3rd child and in no way was I expecting to get pregnant after being sleeved. Anyone have any advice??

Eat... lol whatever you can keep down. It's hard to go against what you have been working so hard for. Aim for about 1200 calories a day... I had to graze all day. I stopped losing weight around around the 3rd trimester and am holding steady I have about 7 weeks left. Ask to do accu checks for the 28 week glucose screening and don't drink the Syrup stuff. You might have to educate your OB and you might have to find a new one... many get spooked... only take one prenatal a day. More than that and you can OD baby on vit D or A

I am 2 yrs out was 3 pounds to my goal. Found out I was preg. I now have gained 10 pounds in 10 weeks! Ugh, right?!!?

I have a high risk OB, a mfm doc plus my Bari surg supervising my preg. I have also been super sick the whole time and now battling with hypoglycemia. It's exhausting. I have noticed all the pregnancies vary soooo much in doc advice. I'm struggling with finding the "right balance" of foods also. I do see one common thing...seems Peanut Butter is one of the common links to regulate blood sugar, and to not gain weight!

So did you all have to stop taking your Bariatric Vitamins and switch to prenatal vitamins? Also I'm wondering if I will be considered high risk because I'm only 4 months post op? I'm lucky if I can eat 900-1200 per day, I'm scared it's not enough? Calling my doctor tomorrow!

Congrats!!! I was really freaked out at first too!! I wasn't even 2 months post op when I got pregnant!! I was in your position as far as calories go too, barely getting 600-800 cals a day!! I'm now almost 6 months post op and 19 weeks pregnant. I shoot for 1,400 cals a day ( per my nutritionist and obgyn) and try to get about 100 g carbs and 60-80 G Protein. I basically eat all day long to get everything in. I take a prenatal Vitamin, b-12 and calcium citrate. Hope you are feeling good!! It's been a lot easier then is thought it would be. I haven't gained anything and my obgyn is fine with that. I actually just hit my -100# loss the other day. Let me know if you have any questions!!

So did you all have to stop taking your Bariatric Vitamins and switch to prenatal Vitamins? Also I'm wondering if I will be considered high risk because I'm only 4 months post op? I'm lucky if I can eat 900-1200 per day, I'm scared it's not enough? Calling my doctor tomorrow!

Yes to the stopping of the Bariatric Vitamins the D and A are too high just take take a prenatal (I take target) your B12 and Calcium... I was 3 weeks post of when we got pregnant ?!?!?!?! Especially early in the pregnancy the calories are fine. The body doesn't need extra calories until about 20-24 weeks and at that time it is the equivalent of half a Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich. I was a culinary major with with a focus in nutrition.

To anyone else having issues getting the food... I graze all day I am 7 weeks from c-section and have only gained back 10lb.

Take care of yourselves ladies ;-)