Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delayed Restriction After A Fill

I have a question, I just got a fill last Wednesday, which was my second fill. After my two days of liquids, I ate normal portion controlled amounts and had no problems and felt no more restriction than before for the past three days and then last night, I had a "stuck" episode which got my attention, I was able to get it down with some Water. I may have taken too big of a bit or didn't chew well enough. But my question is, has anyone had delayed restriction after a fill, say didn't feel the restriction until a week later? I would have thought that the stuck episode was an isolated incident but I just took a couple of Advil capsules, one at a time, and they felt very weird, as if I could still feel them in the center of my chest.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi Fee, I am in this world, too -- first fill last week and I wasn't really feeling anything; now going tomorrow for a second fill and am feeling tightness. Guess I just have to really listen to my body, take it all slow- slow- slowly, and then reach the green zone at some point. Good luck to you -- let's keep comparing notes!

Me too. I have had two fills and delayed restriction with both. Still not in green zone but wonder if the on and off restriction means I am getting close? Yesterday was great, but today I am starved. It is currently like a roller coaster.

Also the nurse at my clinic says some people don't feel the effects of a fill until 2 weeks later. This is why they only fill at my clinic once per month no matter how you feel.

Edited by jennybean

I've had the same with my fills they have told me that is usually takes 2wks for the body to truly adjust. now that my band is more than half full they will not fill it more often than once a month :( i now fill the tightness in the morning but by dinner time i'm starving.

but to answer your q.. it has taken a few days post fill each time to really feel the change.

I have a question, I just got a fill last Wednesday, which was my second fill. After my two days of liquids, I ate normal portion controlled amounts and had no problems and felt no more restriction than before for the past three days and then last night, I had a "stuck" episode which got my attention, I was able to get it down with some Water. I may have taken too big of a bit or didn't chew well enough. But my question is, has anyone had delayed restriction after a fill, say didn't feel the restriction until a week later? I would have thought that the stuck episode was an isolated incident but I just took a couple of Advil capsules, one at a time, and they felt very weird, as if I could still feel them in the center of my chest.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Very similar to my experience...I always have felt the adjustment more after a couple of weeks.

I THINK it may be because the first couple of days/or first week or so, I really pay attention to my eating/chewing. Then....maybe I forget and get in too much of a hurry. I'm still learning 4+ years out. :)

Catfish is right, right after you are very aware of what size portion you eat and how you chew it then it get comfortable and boom, may I add barometric pressure affects tightness, allergy drainage affects how things go down, and after a stuck episode there is some swelling so you have to take it real easy till swelling goes away, 16 months out and still learning

Edited by lanagirl

After being on liquids for a few days, you probably won't feel anything. But, going back on normal foods you will. If you have a stuck episode, you will be swollen, too! So you might need to go back to liquids again. If you continue having trouble, you might be too tight and need a slight unfill. Best wishes, Karen...aka..kll724

I'm the same! Feel hungrier after first fill on Monday!

I have no hunger in the morning, very controlled in the evening and the evenings are hard for me. I've discovered most of it is head hunger. Also most of my stuck episodes have been in the evening making me know that I need to be aware of everything I put in my mouth and my eating habits.