Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a little guilty ..would love some feedback

So...I've joined several sites on VSG on the internet and through Facebook...at almost 10 weeks out, I have had zero issues. Not one. Never thrown up, never nauteous, feeling as if I didn't have the surgery at all. I eat healthy but stop the minute I feel full. Im following the program to the T..Ive stepped up the exercise and the weight is coming off. I feel fantastic but cant help but wonder "when is the bubble going to burst?" ....I cant possibly feel this good for the rest of my life, can I? And I feel horribly guilty for the people who are having the worst time with their sleeve, I do...I just do. The surgery itself was a breeze, no pain at all..just felt like I did a thousand sit up's, never had a single issue from the day of surgery until today. My Hair loss is minimum and my energy level seems good. I read the horror stories that people post and honestly wonder if Im going to have any issues down the road. Id love to hear from people who have had a great journey and are out for a while now.....I feel kind of alone :( I know it sounds nuts but when I read these stories, I cannot relate and my nature is to help people and I cant. Sounds nuts right? LOL

I had a very easy surgery and recovery. Back at work a few days after my procedure. I'm now 10 months post-op.

My weight loss isn't super fast, but it's steady - and it's right where I want it to be. I work a demanding job that takes a lot of my time, have two young kids, work out, volunteer, etc. I haven't slowed down at all. In fact, I'm more energetic than I ever used to be.

My post-sleeve eating habits have worked their way into my life easily and without making me feel depressed, deprived, etc. I can live this way happily for the rest of my life. Eating small amounts of healthy food and occasionally indulging in a bite or two of something yummy - and being satisfied with it. It's what I always dreamed. Enjoying food like a "normal" person. Not obsessing over every morsel I put in my mouth, having feelings of guilt, etc. Just simply enjoying food without the binge factor looming over my head.

I also have had no vomiting and can eat anything. No sensitivities at all.

Now, hair loss. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, lol. Mine didn't start up until a few months in. It's pretty bad. I'm not wig-worthy or anything, but it's been significant for me. It slowed down once before and started back up again, so I'm hoping it's ready to slow down permanently in the very near future.

Anyway, there are plenty of us who have had it "easy". I try not to get on and talk about it too much because I know everyone has a different journey and some experience struggles, but I definitely don't feel guilty - and neither should you!

Edited by lucky8mb1

I am 5 months out, Thursday. After I got home from the hospital, things were pretty uneventful for me, as well. My ability to eat/drink anything comfortably is a concern because it's not a problem, but that's about it.

My sister-in-law is planning her surgery based on how "easy" I've had it. I pray she also has a positive experience, although I warn her everybody's "journey" is different.

I don't feel guilty. I feel thankful, but wary. It's now a head game, forever and ever more.

Same here. Surgery on Thursday and back to work on Monday. No problems whatsoever except for Hair loss that started in month four post op. Is one of the reasons I don't even tell people I did it. I don't want everyone to think they'll have it this easy!

thanks so much you guys! Im glad Im not alone ! Im hoping the Hair loss isn't a huge issue, Im taking Biotin now and have been for 2 months.

It has been fairly easy fro me too. I only vomited once and that was because I ate too many noodles and I made myself vomit because of the pain. It is all about learning and we all are different.

This is me! I was uncomfortable in the hospital, but that's been it! I've been just great since surgery, never thrown up, can tolerate everything I've tried so far! I'm 4 weeks post op as of today! I just keep waiting for it to hit the fan! I keep feeling like I should be miserable or something.

that's just it, I feel like I should feel bad or something LOL and I just don't. I feel great! Im glad it went smooth, don't get me wrong but sometimes when I read some peoples stories, I feel guilty!

So...I've joined several sites on VSG on the internet and through Facebook...at almost 10 weeks out, I have had zero issues. Not one. Never thrown up, never nauteous, feeling as if I didn't have the surgery at all. I eat healthy but stop the minute I feel full. Im following the program to the T..Ive stepped up the exercise and the weight is coming off. I feel fantastic but cant help but wonder "when is the bubble going to burst?" ....I cant possibly feel this good for the rest of my life, can I? And I feel horribly guilty for the people who are having the worst time with their sleeve, I do...I just do. The surgery itself was a breeze, no pain at all..just felt like I did a thousand sit up's, never had a single issue from the day of surgery until today. My hair loss is minimum and my energy level seems good. I read the horror stories that people post and honestly wonder if Im going to have any issues down the road. Id love to hear from people who have had a great journey and are out for a while now.....I feel kind of alone :( I know it sounds nuts but when I read these stories, I cannot relate and my nature is to help people and I cant. Sounds nuts right? LOL

Hey there!

Your story sounds like mine. I've been incredibly fortunate to have had a smooth surgery/recovery and journey so far.

In short, it is exactly what I had hoped it would be. 10 months out and loving it. I knew Hair loss might be a factor, and I did lose some. But that has stopped. I am also following my doctors instructions all the way. I portion my food, track it all and exercise. I don't drink and eat at the same times. (I made that mistake once recently and am not in a hurry to do it again) I was prepared for the loose skin, and changes I needed to make and consider myself very lucky that everything has gone as hoped.

I do think it necessary for pre-op folks to read that Yes, everything does go according to plan, I think these posts are not as plentiful, so I'm glad you posted!

Try not to feel guilty, enjoy it.

As I posted in another thread HERE:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/96538-confused-feel-the-same/

I think the people who don't have issues don't post about it. Like you, they feel guilty or since nothing bad is happening, they just don't post. Like product reviews. People will write to complain, but not say everything works as expected.

I've not had any issues either. I feel bad for those who've had issues. I was the same way when I had my hysterectomy. I had no pain or issues with it either.

I too am in the same boat. No problems whatsoever. No pain after surgery, no nausea, no problems with food. Matter of fact, Im not doing anything I am supposed to be. No Vitamins, not enough Protein, not enough Water, not exercising.

20 days after my surgery, I became a foster parent to 3 children...8,5 and 10 mo. And my life got turned upside down. Im single and trying to take care of them and getting a routine down has consumed all my time. Im so thankful that my surgery happened when it did. I am just now starting to plan and get my self in check with everything I am supposed to be doing.

I feel GREAT, ive lost 69 pounds since July 19 and loving the new me. Im actually glad that I havent been working out. I cant imagine how much I woulda lost if I had been and have all that excess skin. I only have a little bit of hair loss so I like you, feel bad because I know Im not trying and those that are.....well.......are having some rough times.

Once I started eating solid food I had a couple of very minor issues......but the surgery/recovery was easy peasy....and most of the time I don't feel like I had surgery at all......unless we go out to eat....seeing the huge portion sizes that we used to eat....just unbelievable.