Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine 9/3 and an I haven't eaten a whole egg yet. I prolly could though

9/16 and I can't get more than a couple of bites in, and what I do manage to eat feels like a brick in my stomach.

9/16 and I can't get more than a couple of bites in' date=' and what I do manage to eat feels like a brick in my stomach.[/quote']

Really!?

I don't know why I feel hungry immediately after eating...

I was sleeved on 10/1 and I can not eat a whole egg. I can eat maybe 1/2 and then I'm stuffed for like 12 hours shy of Water. I usually get hungry in the morning and near bedtime other then that I graze.

I was sleeved 8-21 and I eat a boiled egg as a snack because I don't get full off that sort of egg....but I do off a scrambled egg with cheese :)

Edited by sophiepants

Everyone's sleeve is different based on their own anatomy and the surgeon'a bougie choice. You are still pretty new to your sleeve and it could still be that you have swelling/lack of feeling. If this is the case I would follow the guidelines that your NUT gave you for portion sizes so that you do not inadvertently hurt your newly healing sleeve.

Also, have you stopping drinking a full 30 minutes before and after the meal? This truly does make a difference and is one way to "eat around your sleeve" or "cheat" because the Water creates a flushing effect of the food in your sleeve.

What phase are you in for foods? Soft foods will not give you that "full" feeling as quickly as denser Proteins will. The full effect will also last longer with denser Proteins as your body takes a longer time to digest them.

Lastly you want to make sure that the full feeling that you are searching for is not the "over full" feeling that many of us were used to before surgery.

Hang in there! It will take time to adjust to your new sleeve!

Also! I forgot to ask - does your NUT or surgeon have you on an anti acid? Extra acid can mimic that burning hungry feeling. I experienced that and it was confusing!

A month or two out, an egg filled me up good. Now, being over 6 months, I eat a sausage link or two small pieces of turkey bacon with the egg to fill me up for a couple hours.

The first time I ate an egg (4 wks out) yes, I got full on about 3/4 of an egg. Then I was hungry again 90 mins later.

Now that I'm 3 mths out, I can eat a whole egg and 1 pc of bacon and be full for about 3 hrs. I think id be mighty cranky if I could only have 3 meals a day.

I was sleeved on 10/1 and I can not eat a whole egg. I can eat maybe 1/2 and then I'm stuffed for like 12 hours shy of Water. I usually get hungry in the morning and near bedtime other then that I graze.

I too was sleeved on 10/1. How are you eating eggs? I am still on full liquid/puree (per Dr orders) I don't think you should be able to eat one now anyway... it is still healing.

Sleeved Aug 15 --

I typically have one scrambled egg for Breakfast.< /p>

I too was sleeved on 10/1. How are you eating eggs? I am still on full liquid/puree (per Dr orders) I don't think you should be able to eat one now anyway... it is still healing.

I pureed it with some chicken broth and nibbled. Divided it into a 1 oz portion and ate 1/2. I did it one time but did ok took about 30 minutes nibbling. I typically only do broth or cream Soups with Protein. Sometimes stage one baby food. sugar free pudding and apple sauce. pureed cottage cheese too. But the pudding and apple sauce is for my crushable medicines so only a few nibbles. All my stuff is stage 1 baby food consistancy not chunky. They are approved 1-4 week foods from my list.

The last few days with my new antibiotic I can only handle clear broths due to nausea though. I have a kidney infection and I'm on Levaquin. Makes me very ill so Zofran is my best friend. My surgeon went as far as to say worry about Water over Protein right now due to nausea.

And I was not full...

Do people seriously get full with an egg?

Because I don't :/

Sleeved 8-26

Yes OMG ! But I usually scramble my egg fat free provolone cheese! I'm stuffed afterwards lol