Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone ! I am 11 days post op and ive lost 20pounds so far but the last 2 days it hasnt dropped from there. Has anyone experienced the same ? Is this something to worry about ? Also has anyone experienced depression ? Idk what is going on with me ! I cant even stand myself. Idk if its bc i feel like i miss food and i wish i could just eat or if its the fact that everything i do eat i feel like throwing it up and i feel nauseas most of the day or if its the medication. Even the "optisource" chewables the doctor rrecomended are beggining to make me feel sick to my stomach. I have no idea what to do any more to kick this depression out. For the past 2 days ive just been crying and i hate everyone and everything :-( i dont want to feel like this anymore. Anybody have any advice ?

Hi everyone ! I am 11 days post op and ive lost 20pounds so far but the last 2 days it hasnt dropped from there. Has anyone experienced the same ? Is this something to worry about ? Also has anyone experienced depression ? Idk what is going on with me ! I cant even stand myself. Idk if its bc i feel like i miss food and i wish i could just eat or if its the fact that everything i do eat i feel like throwing it up and i feel nauseas most of the day or if its the medication. Even the "optisource" chewables the doctor rrecomended are beggining to make me feel sick to my stomach. I have no idea what to do any more to kick this depression out. For the past 2 days ive just been crying and i hate everyone and everything :-( i dont want to feel like this anymore. Anybody have any advice ?

Your doc didn't tell you to expect this? Its very common. The rapid reduction in body fat causes a reduction in stored estrogen (its stored in the body fat) this causes a feeding of depression. The best way to fight it is walking. Really..sounds so simple but its true. Walking releases endorphines and those are the feel good hormones. So put on your tennis and some bright lip gloss and go for a walk!

Preop weight 389 current weight 333 lost to date 56lbs rny 6/11/13

He never mentioned depression and i kept looking on this forum to see if anyone experienced the same and i didnt find anything and figured it was just me. Is it also normal to not lose pounds in the last two days ? Thats something that has got me also depressed and worried

He never mentioned depression and i kept looking on this forum to see if anyone experienced the same and i didnt find anything and figured it was just me. Is it also normal to not lose pounds in the last two days ? Thats something that has got me also depressed and worried

Its very common to have your first stall this early. My first one was at 2 weeks post op and lasted a month. Your body is just wondering what you did to it and will try to hold onto what it can. Follow your plan and it will all work out.

HW:331 SW:319 11-26-12 CW: 199 8-6-13 GW:170

Ive been stalled for 2 days, and its only 9 days and 8 lbs since surg...I also developed depression after this surgery and the sleeve :(

Vicki, what did you have done ? I had gastric bypass and im 11 days post-op and ive lost 20lbs ( which i dont see where ive lost it ) and now im stuck. Its a horrible feeling. I would get on the scale and be so excited but now im just frusterated w.myself

And my depression has kicked in and in a really bad way. All i feel like doing is sleeping all day bc i dont want to deal anymore :-( never in my life have i experienced depression so badly

I'm 18 days post op and stalled for 5 days. My emotions are all over the place but I do feel better when I get out of the house.

it is very commom to have depression after wt loss surgery, I had bypass, you can suffer from depression from the loss of fat the hormone inbalance, and also there is something called anesthesia depression...try to make yourself move even if you dont want to, jump in the shower, walk out into your yard and listen to the birds., watch a comedy, anything to take your thoughts away from your self and food..let me know how you do...good luck..you will do wonderful...

Expert tip from someone with anxiety and depression that had this surgery-

THROW AWAY YOUR SCALE!

Do not weigh every day, your weight fluctuates day to day, with Water and food weight. It is bad for you, mentally to weigh every day. I weigh once a week, usually on Fridays. because During the first month I was on the scale every day, and found myself depressed and unmotivated on the days that I didn't lose, and it was bad for my progress and my mental health.

Very normal. Just keep on moving and the weight will come off. Stop weighing everyday.

Preop weight 389 current weight 333 lost to date 56lbs rny 6/11/13

Have any of you ladies had difficulty w.the Protein Shakes ? I just cant stomach them anymore, they really make me feel sick and idk what else to do to take in Protein since im not on a pureé diet yet i cant make it w.the oats and berrys. Any suggestions ? Also im not really eating i just cant.

you really have to push your self to take in the Protein, it is very important for your stomach to heal, your body needs protein to heal and to lose wt...have you tried any unflavored protein powders to add to your crystal light or can you have skim milk, that with unflavored Protein Powder might help..can you have yogurt yet? go on the post op diet board on here and try to get some ideas that are appropriate for you stage of foods...it will get easier, i hate the Protein Drinks too, I have been putting it on ice and sip, sip, sip...lol

Yea im on full liquids and i can have yogurt. I havent come across unflavored Protein powder. I go to Walmart and buy the body fortess powders. Ughh i try to keep it on ice but uuugghhh :-( i will try my best on it. The only thing i was doing good on before my surgery was blending choclate protein powder w.oats,mixed frozen berrys, almond milk and greek yogurt. I think i might try that tomorrow bc it was the only thing i could stomach.