Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ordered some clothes for hospital

I'm starting to get nervous and excited. Tomorrow is my last NUT appt and they will submit to insurance either tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping to get a quick approval!! But I knew that I would be needing some stuff for the hospital. So, I ordered some new bras and underwear and a couple pairs of lounge pants. Got a VERY good deal on the bras at onestopplus.com. They were less than $7.00 a piece!! I really hope that will be the last time I HAVE to order online because I can't find clothes to fit from the store!!!

I told my cousin I felt like my momma because she always had a "good" gown and robe in the closet and "good" underwear and bras in her drawer in case she ever had to go to the hospital.

I brought tons of stuff to the hospital.

Never used anything. They have everything you need and really you won't care how you look. Lol.

I'm starting to get nervous and excited. Tomorrow is my last NUT appt and they will submit to insurance either tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping to get a quick approval!! But I knew that I would be needing some stuff for the hospital. So' date=' I ordered some new bras and underwear and a couple pairs of lounge pants. Got a VERY good deal on the bras at onestopplus.com. They were less than 7.00 a piece!! I really hope that will be the last time I HAVE to order online because I can't find clothes to fit from the store!!!

I told my cousin I felt like my momma because she always had a "good" gown and robe in the closet and "good" underwear and bras in her drawer in case she ever had to go to the hospital.[/quote']

Just a couple of things to consider. I have trouble with pants near my incisions. Even if I rolled the edge it was uncomfortable. I have been living in a cheap sundress since I came home Friday nite. It's much more comfortable while I'm healing. One of my incisions is way up high just below my breasts, so my bra has to be somewhat loose there. I wore a different one yesterday, the fit was a little more snug, and the incision was irritated. I don't want that! Good luck!

Lemme tell ya - I admit that I am a bit vain when it comes to my appearance. So much so that when my surgeon told me "No makeup... at all", I said, "Yeah, right." I wore the least amount I could get away with because I knew I wouldn't be up to putting any on afterward. Brought t-shirts, shorts (so I didn't flash anyone whilst walking the hallway), all that stuff. Never used one damn thing! I even forgot to bring my hairbrush, so I didn't comb or brush my hair for 2 days; used another hospital gown to cover up my backside, and didn't really even feel like getting up to brush my teeth (and for someone who just got out of 2 years of braces, that was a hard thing to do!). All I wanted to do was sleep, drink Water, and fart (not necessarily in that order - LOL!) I wore home exactly what I wore to the hospital - huge, baggy t-shirt (no bra) and sweatpants (and baseball cap to hide the rat's nest hair).

I'm excited for you!! Everything will go smoothly, and you can join us all on the Loser's Bench!

I was in the hospital gown the whole time = no bra, no panties. You are not going to want to wear panties or anything that is restricting around your stomach. I was home for a week and just wore VERY lose sweat pants and no underware, my incisions were VERY sensitive, I had no staples or sutures just steri-strip to keep them closed. I wore home what I wore into the hospital, loose sweat pants and a lose top. You will not need anything else.

Lemme tell ya - I admit that I am a bit vain when it comes to my appearance. So much so that when my surgeon told me "No makeup... at all"' date=' I said, "Yeah, right." I wore the least amount I could get away with because I knew I wouldn't be up to putting any on afterward. Brought t-shirts, shorts (so I didn't flash anyone whilst walking the hallway), all that stuff. Never used one damn thing! I even forgot to bring my hairbrush, so I didn't comb or brush my hair for 2 days; used another hospital gown to cover up my backside, and didn't really even feel like getting up to brush my teeth (and for someone who just got out of 2 years of braces, that was a hard thing to do!). All I wanted to do was sleep, drink Water, and fart (not necessarily in that order - LOL!) I wore home exactly what I wore to the hospital - huge, baggy t-shirt (no bra) and sweatpants (and baseball cap to hide the rat's nest hair).

I'm excited for you!! Everything will go smoothly, and you can join us all on the Loser's Bench![/quote']

I love this post. Can't stop laughing.

I know I won't be needing much, but I guess it was just so ingrained from my mom, I just had to get a few things! My poor bras and underwear are ready for the rag heap, and since I got them so cheap, I couldn't pass it up!! I don't really have but one pair of loose pants, so I bought a couple more pair of loose fitting lounge pants to wear to go back to work. I wore them for about a month after I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago.

Lemme tell ya - I admit that I am a bit vain when it comes to my appearance. So much so that when my surgeon told me "No makeup... at all", I said, "Yeah, right." I wore the least amount I could get away with because I knew I wouldn't be up to putting any on afterward. Brought t-shirts, shorts (so I didn't flash anyone whilst walking the hallway), all that stuff. Never used one damn thing! I even forgot to bring my hairbrush, so I didn't comb or brush my hair for 2 days; used another hospital gown to cover up my backside, and didn't really even feel like getting up to brush my teeth (and for someone who just got out of 2 years of braces, that was a hard thing to do!). All I wanted to do was sleep, drink Water, and fart (not necessarily in that order - LOL!) I wore home exactly what I wore to the hospital - huge, baggy t-shirt (no bra) and sweatpants (and baseball cap to hide the rat's nest hair).

I'm excited for you!! Everything will go smoothly, and you can join us all on the Loser's Bench!

This is so TRUE! i didn't care how I looked. The doc was in the room and I just mooned him while going to the bathroom. I was in so much paid and I'm sure he saw my booty before LOL Just take it one step, sip, day at a time

This is so TRUE! i didn't care how I looked. The doc was in the room and I just mooned him while going to the bathroom. I was in so much paid and I'm sure he saw my booty before LOL Just take it one step' date=' sip, day at a time[/quote']

Lmbo I'm red in the face and you know I'm tan lmbo moon the doctor.

Oh yeah...my doctor and I have no secrets..lmao ...neither do the nurses the housekeeper...the nutritionist...I think I inadvertently flashed everyone on the floor at one time or another!

Oh yeah...my doctor and I have no secrets..lmao ...neither do the nurses the housekeeper...the nutritionist...I think I inadvertently flashed everyone on the floor at one time or another!

The Johnnie is really the most comfortable thing you can wear after surgery. I did get a lot of use out of a loose bathrobe that covered my backside when I walked the halls. I have no secrets from my doctor, my nurses, and like someone said, the housekeeper - but there are other visitors who didn't need or want to see my backside. Lol

I'm starting to get nervous and excited. Tomorrow is my last NUT appt and they will submit to insurance either tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping to get a quick approval!! But I knew that I would be needing some stuff for the hospital. So' date=' I ordered some new bras and underwear and a couple pairs of lounge pants. Got a VERY good deal on the bras at onestopplus.com. They were less than 7.00 a piece!! I really hope that will be the last time I HAVE to order online because I can't find clothes to fit from the store!!!

I told my cousin I felt like my momma because she always had a "good" gown and robe in the closet and "good" underwear and bras in her drawer in case she ever had to go to the hospital.[/quote']

Get some granny gowns the kind that slips over your head,no shape no sleeve no style just comfortable and covers your butt!! Won't bother your incisions and inexpensive so you won't mind ditching them in the garbage once you're done with them I bought seven ,used them once ,ow they're in a bag waiting for the goodwill truck to come through the neighborhood for pick up!!