Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Explaining the Weight Loss

I've already decided to not spill the Beans to every person I meet on the street. However, I am happy to tell friends and family. What do you guys say when an acquaintance asks how you've lost so much weight so fast? I don’t want to lie, but I don’t want to share my privacy with others I wouldn’t normally confide in.

How do you all explain the weight loss to outsiders?

I have been fairly honest with everyone just because I feel everyone struggles. For some when they say you look so good I thank them. If they really pry I just say I had a procedure. You could say diet, exercise, cutting calories to xxx. I completely understand about not wanting to lie- I do struggle with this a bit because I don't feel everyone needs to be up in my business. I was completely honest at work with everyone and most of my family knows,. I live in a small town and I figure people will probably find out or suspect when I lose a lot of weight fast.

I've just said that I had weight loss surgery and started exercising. Some ask more questions. Some don't. But no one has ever been negative or judgmental.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I tell people I count calories and stay on a strict diet I also say I go to a nutritionist for guidance and support. I dont want to hear peoples negative comments or opinions. It depends if its someone who could benefit frm d surgey then yeah Ill open up.

I have been saying that I am going through a life style change

I tell everyone who asks. I would shout it from the roof tops if I could... it has been that life changing!!!! Not once have I been judged or heard a negative remark.... at least not to my face... lol!!! Hell, I want to be a spokesperson for WLS that is how much it has meant to me.

I tell everyone who asks. I would shout it from the roof tops if I could... it has been that life changing!!!! Not once have I been judged or heard a negative remark.... at least not to my face... lol!!! Hell' date=' I want to be a spokesperson for WLS that is how much it has meant to me.[/quote']

Kristy I feel the exact same way!!!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

A few weeks after my gb my 12 year old and her class saw the film Supersize me.

They did show a gb;and my girl cried out:

My mam has done dath surgery!

The whole town knows now!

I am fine,it does not bother me,it was the best thing I have ever done.

I tell people if they ask how I lost the pounds.

Some people just look suprised when they have only seen me as big and now they see a completely different girl!

Lol,its funny!

A few weeks after my gb my 12 year old and her class saw the film Supersize me.

They did show a gb;and my girl cried out:

My mam has done dath surgery!

The whole town knows now!

I am fine' date='it does not bother me,it was the best thing I have ever done.

I tell people if they ask how I lost the pounds.

Some people just look suprised when they have only seen me as big and now they see a completely different girl!

Lol,its funny![/quote']

I have talked alot about it with my 11yr old boy, told him what I am going to have done. And shown him before and after photos of others and such. But then again he is a tiny surgeon at heart and has always loved everything medical and surgeries. Even when I was pregnant with his baby sister he loved watching videos of real live births and c-sections. And one of our favoriye things to watch together is the british tv show One born every minute and other documentaries.

I'm being completely honest with people. I'm hoping to have surgery in June, but I'm telling everybody that I am preparing for surgery because I will have so much to prepare for. My 6 yr old son knows what that I'm going to have a surgery that will make me skinny as he says. He even watched a procedure on YouTube that I started watching and didn't realize he was behind me. I went to turn it off and he freaked out! He watched the whole thing because he said he wanted to see what the Dr. was going to do to his mommy.