Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enoxaparin sodium injection

Just wondering does anyone else have to do these injection after surgery. In the hospital they didn't hurt. But now at home it stings so bad. Is that normal? Am I doing something wrong?

I am an RN and it is normal that they can sting. Make sure you are away from belly button and pinch your adipose tissue (fat) and inject. The problem is we can't tell well the nerves ending are and running so sometimes you will hit these and it will sting. You are doing nothing wrong. I only had heparin injection while I was in the hospital the first four days-three times a day, nothing once I was home. Hope this helps..

After my surgery my dr would not let them give them in my stomach they did it in my thighs it wasn't as bad and doesn't bruise like it does in your stomach

I am an RN and it is normal that they can sting. Make sure you are away from belly button and pinch your adipose tissue (fat) and inject. The problem is we can't tell well the nerves ending are and running so sometimes you will hit these and it will sting. You are doing nothing wrong. I only had heparin injection while I was in the hospital the first four days-three times a day' date=' nothing once I was home. Hope this helps..[/quote']

Nienie, I am 1 week post op and have swollen gland or node on my left neck? Hurts but not drastically. Serious or not worry? Thoughts or insight?

Nienie, I am 1 week post op and have swollen gland or node on my left neck? Hurts but not drastically. Serious or not worry? Thoughts or insight?

I would just watch it if you start to have other sign and symptoms of illness or it really starts to hurt I would contact your doctor. Swollen lymph nodes can be a sign of infection or something else but I have also seen people get like a clogged node and it goes away on its own. I would also contact if it doesn't go away

I would just watch it if you start to have other sign and symptoms of illness or it really starts to hurt I would contact your doctor. Swollen lymph nodes can be a sign of infection or something else but I have also seen people get like a clogged node and it goes away on its own. I would also contact if it doesn't go away

Ugh. Now diarrhea, too. Could it all be related?

I think the best advice us as nurses can do is just refer you to your doctor. I know, I hate calling the dr myself for every little thing. People are so different and how they react to anything. Something as simple as diarrhea for one person, may be serious for another person. So on and so forth. If I can't physically see and assess the person, I have to refer them to their dr just bc I would rather be safe than sorry. Everyone has different medical problems etc.

I really hope you get to feeling better. We all I think should keep a little journal do a while. What we ate, how we feel at certain times etc. see if there Is a pattern there. Take that journal to the dr with us. I know it could be a pain in the butt, but I think it could help us especially if we are experiencing and adverse reaction or something. Just a thought.

Well take care of yourself and hang in there. Keep us posted. I'm still pre op. surgery on 3/19. Start my 2 week liquid diet this week.

Ugh. Now diarrhea, too. Could it all be related?

With diarrhea I would contact your doctor just to be safe. Make sure you let them know about the swollen gland and how long you have had it. Keep us updated..

I was sent with these shots home. I had a very serious reaction to them. I know this is going to sound gross but it happened to me. I started with bleeding a little than it kept going strong gushing out I thought it was normal. But it just kept on and on. It was getting out of hand. Well I called the doctor and told him I can't stop bleeding from my rectum. He said to go to ER. Which I did when I got there my hemoglobin was at 7 so I had 4 blood transfusion. This was very scary. And just telling my story for whoever goes home with those shots. But remember it might not happen to everyone. What happened to me was special.