Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! i need to get back on track!

Okay so I'm 16 weeks post op and I'm all screwed up I fell off track with my diet about 4 of them 16 weeks I've been eating horribly I need to get back on track I've only lost 40 pounds and its been 4 months since surgery I've told my doctor and he sent me to see the Dietitian and the Lifestyle Educator they told me what I should be doing such as what I should be eating exercising and taking my Vitamins but still struggling Im having a hard time letting go of the bad carbs I can't see myself doing all this for nothing so I really need help any advice, ideas or encouraging words will help me right not I'm stressing because I know if I don't get back on track ill be just a failure Help me you guys please I have to get back on track!!!!!!!

Well I can say this it happens to all of us. I gt off track this week as well. I got sick and started eating all the junk food. We just have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and recommit. Tomorrow is another day and we can get back on track together.

It can be challenging. Im not sure why nachos go down so easy.but Protein seems to.come with issues. This is not a race and you.really are doing well. 10 pounds a month is good. You can do this. Asking for help proves that you are strong

Well how did you do today?

I am not fully back on track, but getting there.

Khaki what did your NUT say you should be doing? I feel lost because my doc hasn't guided me at all in what I should be doing right now I am just 3 1/2 months out I have lost 62 pounds since surgery. 50 pounds of that was October 29 to December 13. I have only lost 12 pounds since then. I am not sure how many calories I should be getting or if they still want me 75 grams if Protein I feel lost

Well how did you do today?

I am not fully back on track' date=' but getting there.[/quote']

Lol I did okay better then normal I had GNC total lean Protein shake for Breakfast for snack a cup of fresh pineapples lunch salad with Water then I had rice so I messed up again but I've noticed that if I don't stay home all day I stick to the diet but when I'm home I'm always looking for food and snacking ugh this sucks what area are you in

Khaki what did your NUT say you should be doing? I feel lost because my doc hasn't guided me at all in what I should be doing right now I am just 3 1/2 months out I have lost 62 pounds since surgery. 50 pounds of that was October 29 to December 13. I have only lost 12 pounds since then. I am not sure how many calories I should be getting or if they still want me 75 grams if Protein I feel lost

She didn't really say much that would help me she said stuff I already knew like more Protein less carbs I know what I suppose to eat but my problem is sticking to it but she didn't really say watch calories she continuously say PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN at least 60-80 grams a day she wants me to eat.

[ATTACH]2535[/ATTACH]

But what they not understanding I came to them because I had bad choices in my eating habits the surgery didn't stop me from having these food cravings or help me to grab a celery stick instead of a Snickers I need more help then what they are offering me

post-31411-13813811358553_thumb.png

She didn't really say much that would help me she said stuff I already knew like more Protein less carbs I know what I suppose to eat but my problem is sticking to it but she didn't really say watch calories she continuously say Protein PROTEIN PROTEIN at least 60-80 grams a day she wants me to eat.

But what they not understanding I came to them because I had bad choices in my eating habits the surgery didn't stop me from having these food cravings or stop me from grabbing a celery stick instead of a Snickers I need more help then what they are offering me

Calories should be about 800 to 1200 and protein 75 to 100. Did the give you a guide line to follow (a print out) on a daily bases.

DROID RAZR DoS 12/16/12

Calories should be about 800 to 1200 and Protein 75 to 100. Did the give you a guide line to follow (a print out) on a daily bases.

DROID RAZR DoS 12/16/12

No not at all I Google almost everything I need to know my last visit they gave me handouts on emotional eating

I'm going through the same thing. I think the thing is, the isn't much more your doc and nutritionist can do, we have to regain control ourselves, they cannot make us do it, they can only give us the teaching and tools.

It sucks and yes, cravings of our former selves is still inside us and Ewe we must continue to fight it, for life! The surgery is only a tool, not a cure all.

Stay strong, take it one day, one meal, one bite at time.... Believe me, I wish there was sure easy way to stay on track.... For some its easier, for some of us its harder....

No not at all I Google almost everything I need to know my last visit they gave me handouts on emotional eating

Here one i hope this helps I'll look for the others.

post-31343-13813811358999_thumb.png

[ATTACH]2536[/ATTACH]

DROID RAZR DoS 12/16/12

Here one i hope this helps I'll look for the others.

[ATTACH]2536[/ATTACH]

DROID RAZR DoS 12/16/12

post-31343-13813811358999_thumb.png

Okay so I'm 16 weeks post op and I'm all screwed up I fell off track with my diet about 4 of them 16 weeks I've been eating horribly I need to get back on track I've only lost 40 pounds and its been 4 months since surgery I've told my doctor and he sent me to see the Dietitian and the Lifestyle Educator they told me what I should be doing such as what I should be eating exercising and taking my Vitamins but still struggling Im having a hard time letting go of the bad carbs I can't see myself doing all this for nothing so I really need help any advice' date=' ideas or encouraging words will help me right not I'm stressing because I know if I don't get back on track ill be just a failure Help me you guys please I have to get back on track!!!!!!![/quote']

Also we need to recondition our minds on how we eat, my NUT said chewing our food slowly, putting down our utensil not leaving them in our hands, because if we leave them in our hands we tend to scoop up food before we finished chewing, which is true, it takes 20 min for mind to tell the Stomach we are full, reconditioning our isn't easy!! But we are all here for each other. :)

DROID RAZR DoS 12/16/12