Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ex husband getting married & I can't stuff my face

When he left I ate 2 pizzas and way to much ice cream. When he told me his 23 year old girlfriend (he's 37) was pregnant it was Chinese food and cake. He's getting married tomorrow and it's 2 oz of medifast. I am 9 days post-op and having to learn how to deal with these emotions without food just sucks. I have to say, this is really hard. It even crossed my mind to cheat and eat something but the fear of breaking my new pouch has kept me from it. My doctor doesn't allow his patients to move to soft foods until 2 weeks after surgery so I can't even do some cottage cheese or anything. I also don't have my beautiful daughters to occupy my mind. They're at the wedding. So instead I will do my nails, watch a chick film and go to bed early and just get through this weekend. If any of you have ideas on how to make it through this weekend without pulling my hair out I'd love to hear it.

When he left I ate 2 pizzas and way to much ice cream. When he told me his 23 year old girlfriend (he's 37) was pregnant it was Chinese food and cake. He's getting married tomorrow and it's 2 oz of medifast. I am 9 days post-op and having to learn how to deal with these emotions without food just sucks. I have to say' date=' this is really hard. It even crossed my mind to cheat and eat something but the fear of breaking my new pouch has kept me from it. My doctor doesn't allow his patients to move to soft foods until 2 weeks after surgery so I can't even do some cottage cheese or anything. I also don't have my beautiful daughters to occupy my mind. They're at the wedding. So instead I will do my nails, watch a chick film and go to bed early and just get through this weekend. If any of you have ideas on how to make it through this weekend without pulling my hair out I'd love to hear it.[/quote']

Focus on how good you will feel and look very, very soon. Concentrate on you and loving YOU.

How about a 10K walk? Test your stanima. Or: A day volunteering at the animal shelter? Visit a museum? Raid the closet and take two huge bags of stuff to Goodwill? Write a short story? Drive to the beach/lake/river/stream and meditate? Dive into a juicy romance novel. Take a drive through the most scenic road you've ever been on. Visit the library and borrow a Japanese language class on tape. [Hope these help - and good luck]

write your new you a letter from your old you -

open it a year from tomorrow and see just how far you went

look to the future - look to the joys ahead of you - and look at the poor looser whose marrying this asshat with pity...what a jagoff.

go get a massage, do any of the other things suggested. You are worth way more than sabotaging yourself with food. You could send her a THank you card and see if she gets it, lol Not trying to make to light of this cause i know it is stressful no matter what. But you can get through it. I know you can.

The letter to yourself is a wonderful idea..I don't know how newly divorced u r but ...I do know time helps...when u open the letter to your old self after you reach your goal or after a year I would be willing to bet you can put it all into perspective & be thankful she is married to him & not u!!!! I bet your life will be so fulfilled and u will read that letter & not know the same girl who wrote it!

You have to focus on yourself taking care of u & you have a daughter who deserves her mother @ her best & happiest ! Keep your chin up & I will be praying that The Lord wraps His arms of comfort around you & gives you the ability to find peace in this difficult time ..know that you are worth more & u WILL make it thru this storm;-)

Hang in there girl! My husband left me AFTER I lost 86#s and fit into a size 4, became strong emotionally and physically and mocked how I had a back bone.... (His new wife is a size 4...)

I gained those 86 pounds PLUS and am now KNOWING he wasn't worth the weight loss OR gain!!!! Happy new me to realize this!! God has a plane for you, hold fast!!

Sorry for what you are going through BUT see this as a new chapter in your life! I recommend that you use it to motivate you to become a new HOTT you! Start loving you again and focus on the blessings in your life!! You are now POST OP and that's a great way to start a new year, new life, and new adventures -- this weekend since they're at that boring (cause I'm sure it'll be) wedding you go watch a movie at the movie theater, get a nice massage, nails and pedi, buy new workout gear to look good when you're working out, sort out your closet by sizes so you know what you're getting rid of first, start a new book... You (we) have to find new ways to deal with our depressions and our celebrations that doesn't involve FOOD! I decided to reward myself I'd buy new clothes/shoes/ jewelery vs going out to eat, I figure I spend $30-60 dollars everytime I go out order meal & cocktails and now I rather spend that on material stuff or save for a cruise this summer!!

You'll be ok and better things will come your way! Praying for u! ❤

I'm so sorry you are having to experience this so early in your post op. all that have shared have great suggestions. Take it easy give yourself a break and crying instead of eating is okay. Emotions are healthy eating to cover them up.... Not healthy. Best of luck in your future.

((((((Hugs))))))

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and support. I did write the letter and put it in my jewlery box. I then got my nails done and bought a food scale for when I am on solid foods. Sort of as a reminder that I am a new person and I am only getting better! Thank you again.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and support. I did write the letter and put it in my jewlery box. I then got my nails done and bought a food scale for when I am on solid foods. Sort of as a reminder that I am a new person and I am only getting better! Thank you again.

Good for u!!!! U will get thru this!!

good for you, I am glad you the suggestions worked for you ;) ! Those scales are the best!

Cyn-shakiraa-*12/17/12*Sent from my mobile Rnytalk.

He's the worth it. Wish him luck with his life & you focus on you & your child.