Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello out there! I'm hoping to start a Massachusetts support group if anyone is interested. :)

Hi kb.....tried to reach you through PMs and through the email you gave me. Did you get them? I'd love to work on a group in Mass :)

got the rest of my appointments set up today :) Surgeon says the process will take about 2 months. We'll see how it all goes. The losing of 10% body weight begins tomorrow.....low carb, higher Protein diet for now until I see the nutritionist in a few weeks :)

im from mass! id love to help start a group here! :)

Hello law....would be nice to get thing moving along. :)

How are things going LosingItForMe? It has been a few weeks since we last chatted! I am doign well, surgery on the 30th, just 9 days away!

Hi Law...How are you doing?

hey guys! i had surgery 2 weeks ago and its been a very rough 2 weeks at that. stayed in the hospital for 4 days when i had surgery cause i had pneumonia. then came home for a few days. i just spent the past 5 days at the hospital because the pneumonia came back and they found a Fluid abcess in my stomach area and very shortness of breath. sent me home yesterday with a picc line IV. basically an IV that goes all the way to my heart. ivve lost 26lbs so far which im very happy about. but my shortness of breath is still here. thats my nutshell lol.

Im from Massachusetts! :) Boston

Not sure which part of MA you're from, but we have support groups that are scheduled by Tobey hospital (Wareham). They take place in several surrounding communities.

i live 5 min from boston. i go to meetings in Natick. my doctor hosts them.

Hello law - sorry for the heck you've been going through. I hope you're feeling better soon! Did you already have a cold or something prior to surgery or came down with pnemonia because of the surgery?

Hey KB! I'm doing ok. I've seen the nutritionist and started the low carb, high Protein stuff...it's not easy but, I'm getting there. So only 9 days for you...wow! Do you have to do a pre-op diet?

Welcome JenniferD and Tammy...hope you're doing well.

I have 3 more requirements besides the losing 20 pounds to go. I have to attend a post-op meeting, doing that tomorrow...see the therapist, doing that Thursday and then another visit to the nutritionist that's next month. Then hopefully a date after that.

Good luck loosing it for me!

Not sure which part of MA you're from' date=' but we have support groups that are scheduled by Tobey hospital (Wareham). They take place in several surrounding communities.[/quote']

I'll be going there too!

Thanks! It's the Losing part that's the hardest...isn't that why we're here in the first place. I know it's to prepare your liver for surgery...makes it easier to get it out of the way but, yeesh 20-24 pounds is alot. I'm trying though!

I'm going to try out the chat if anyone is interested :)

By the way I'm going through Tufts Medical Center's Weight and Wellness Center in Boston