Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Monday was my surgery and I am in quite a bit of discomfort. My incision looks weird ( one of the five). The weird looking one is tight and it makes it difficult to move. Is this normal??

I also don't feel like the sleeve is restricting and consumption. Has anyone else had these symptoms??

It's not the drain tube incision. It is the one right at my waist. All of the other incisions are flush with the skin. But this one is like way in so my skin protrudes around it. That's the one that seems to pull, and hurt like crazy. Gas pains are awful too. In my shoulders and is there a limit on how many gas x strips you can do in one day??

You probably won't feel much restriction. Being on liquids opens your P valve more often emptying it a lot. You will feel more restriction the more solid your food will get in week 3.

Your "weird" incision is probably above your belly button and that's a different type of wound. Its where they pulled your stomach out of your body. It will be sore for about 2 weeks. You should be feeling better and more better in about a week.

You sound normal but consult your doc if you are having issues.

I was sore, but it wasn't too bad. I had one incision that was more sore than others too...but it eventually stopped hurting. If it's too bad, I would call the MD.

If your painful incision is on the left hand side, on the waistband, in the middle of the line of incisions, it is likely to be the one they pulled the remnants of your stomach out of. Apparently and according to sources, that particular incision is far more sensitive because there is allegedly some tethering done with the stomach muscles.

That aside, I am 14 days out today and I can barely feel it any more. Only if I scrunch myself up on that side, or eat a bit too much, am I reminded its there. As for the gas, mine went after 7 days.

Don't panic everything you are experiencing is totally normal. Take your drugs, drink your fluids, sleep when you can and you'll be golden in a couple of days. Promise :) x

Thanks everyone!! Got a call back from the Dr. !!! Sarahr you hit the nail on the head! Thanks so much for all your help!

Madam Reveire and Sarahr THANK YOU so much for your compassion and advise!! Can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel .

You're very welcome and don't worry, It'll appear soon. I, myself, am waiting on the nirvana whereby I can chow down on a plate of vegetables or salad.. And not the mushed-up beyond recognition variety!

You're very welcome and don't worry' date=' It'll appear soon. I, myself, am waiting on the nirvana whereby I can chow down on a plate of vegetables or salad.. And not the mushed-up beyond recognition variety![/quote']

I want salad SOOO bad!!